[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any ender chest/tank type device in this pack? I'm referring to the ones from ender storage. I already left my comfort zone with Ender IO, Botania and Blood Magic and can't seem to find anything of the teleporting sort. I know mekanism has player teleporters, but would ender rails mean anything?

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any ender chest/tank type device in this pack? I'm referring to the ones from ender storage. I already left my comfort zone with Ender IO, Botania and Blood Magic and can't seem to find anything of the teleporting sort. I know mekanism has player teleporters, but would ender rails mean anything?
No EnderStorage, the pack only has the vanilla enderchest. I find that EnderStorage makes a lot of other teleportation stuff useless, but I know some people prefer it (feel free to add it if you want to).

The ender rail on the other hand can be used in conjunction with carts/trains to transport items or fluids of your choice. You know I might just make an Imgur album that shows the different ways of using ender rails and minecarts to transport items, liquids, and even energy.

Also regarding 0.7.4: Been a bit busy this weekend, but the changed mods for 0.7.4 is basically final. I'm planning to push it out by tomorrow night (hopefully if I don't end up being busy again).

Reactions: TDarkShadow

soupmeister

Jul 29, 2019
So, it seems like the FTB pack isn't updated properly. Selected 0.7.3, it downloaded and ran, but the splash screen shows 0.7.2. I checked the mod versions against the changelog, and sure enough, the mods are the 0.7.2 versions. Deleted FTB and reinstalled from scratch, being absolutely sure to select 0.7.3, and it's again showing 0.7.2.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
So, it seems like the FTB pack isn't updated properly. Selected 0.7.3, it downloaded and ran, but the splash screen shows 0.7.2. I checked the mod versions against the changelog, and sure enough, the mods are the 0.7.2 versions. Deleted FTB and reinstalled from scratch, being absolutely sure to select 0.7.3, and it's again showing 0.7.2.
Yah I mentioned this earlier in the thread. I didnt correctly submit 0.7.3 FTB (messed up on editing the link). 0.7.4 will be the next actual update.

Edit: I should also mention that it is available on Technic and my website if you want 0.7.3.

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
This pack seems to have ridiculously slow progression. *Everything* has been changed to need steel and steel is very hard to come by without being to make even the most basic machines from the various tech mods.

I've always hated the recipes for the blast furnace. Like people need to go to Hell in order to make steel.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
This pack seems to have ridiculously slow progression. *Everything* has been changed to need steel and steel is very hard to come by without being to make even the most basic machines from the various tech mods.

I've always hated the recipes for the blast furnace. Like people need to go to Hell in order to make steel.
Well it's designed that way :p. You either go to the nether to make steel or make a High Oven to make steel. You don't need any nether materials for the High Oven.

Also you can use the grindstone to get blaze powder from blaze rods. Alternatively you can also find cinderpearls in desert biomes to get blaze powder.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
i use the mekanism teleporters and they are fine.
For item/fluid transport i use the Dimensional Transceiver from Ender IO and they are great.

maybe u are right, its a bit hard in the beginning, but thats what we like about the pack. When playing for a while everything is easy enough to get in the end :)

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
@ChatFawkes correct me if im wrong: i can download and install 0.7.4 server and client zip and install it in the proper directories, but i cant start 0.7.4 client via FTB, because i cannot select 0.7.4 version. If i select another version or recommended FTB starts downloading the client...

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
@ChatFawkes correct me if im wrong: i can download and install 0.7.4 server and client zip and install it in the proper directories, but i cant start 0.7.4 client via FTB, because i cannot select 0.7.4 version. If i select another version or recommended FTB starts downloading the client...
Yah I only submitted it to FTB yesterday. They have to approve it before it goes live on the launcher.

Edit: It's live on the FTB Launcher as of 11:20 GMT.

Last edited:

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's designed that way :p. You either go to the nether to make steel or make a High Oven to make steel. You don't need any nether materials for the High Oven.

Also you can use the grindstone to get blaze powder from blaze rods. Alternatively you can also find cinderpearls in desert biomes to get blaze powder.
Nope, grindstone doesn't take blaze rods. I can understand slowing things down as they are a bit too easy by default.... but making even the most basic machines require steel is a bit overkill. Would be nice to have an option for a middle ground.

maybe u are right, its a bit hard in the beginning, but thats what we like about the pack. When playing for a while everything is easy enough to get in the end :)
I didn't say it was hard. Increasing the materials needed in recipes does not add to the difficulty, only to the tedium.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't say it was hard. Increasing the materials needed in recipes does not add to the difficulty, only to the tedium
Yah I can understand where you are coming from regarding tedium ≠ hard (see Gregtech lol), but the main reason I required the machines (from each of the major tech mods) to use steel is because most people would skip over making a Blast Furnace or High Oven. Also you can find Steel Ore in the nether (added by NetherOres), but I'm not sure how common it is.

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I can understand where you are coming from regarding tedium ≠ hard (see Gregtech lol), but the main reason I required the machines (from each of the major tech mods) to use steel is because most people would skip over making a Blast Furnace or High Oven. Also you can find Steel Ore in the nether (added by NetherOres), but I'm not sure how common it is.
Having spent at least a full hour mining there and not seeing one I'd say rare.. heh. It's ok, not really faulting you for your decisions. No possible way to please everyone and overall it's an excellent pack. I've been looking for a good pack with galacticraft for some time and this comes so close to being exactly what I wanted that I really ate my hat when that one detail came up that wasn't how I wanted it. I can either make my own adjustments to it to suit my tastes or get over the steel hump and suck it up. Either way, thanks for going to the effort to make this in the first place. :)

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Having spent at least a full hour mining there and not seeing one I'd say rare.. heh. It's ok, not really faulting you for your decisions. No possible way to please everyone and overall it's an excellent pack. I've been looking for a good pack with galacticraft for some time and this comes so close to being exactly what I wanted that I really ate my hat when that one detail came up that wasn't how I wanted it. I can either make my own adjustments to it to suit my tastes or get over the steel hump and suck it up. Either way, thanks for going to the effort to make this in the first place. :)
I believe the ore is pig iron ore not "steel ore" so just be aware of that.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
ok this is ridiculous. I have spent over an hour in the end farming Endermen with both The Ender, and a Cleaver with luck and 60% beheading. I have gotten like 50 stacks of pearls, and 20 Hardcore Ender Expansion Enderman heads, but no Ender IO ones, and they aren't interchangable for recipes.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
ok this is ridiculous. I have spent over an hour in the end farming Endermen with both The Ender, and a Cleaver with luck and 60% beheading. I have gotten like 50 stacks of pearls, and 20 Hardcore Ender Expansion Enderman heads, but no Ender IO ones, and they aren't interchangable for recipes.
Ahh crud I was supposed to add a shapeless recipe back a couple of versions ago because someone else was having the same problem too. I'll add it in the next version, but it will be available on GitHub later today, so you can just replace your configs with the new ones.

Though that is pretty interesting because I'm pretty sure EnderIO is supposed to have config options that increase the chance of Enderman skulls with the TiC cleaver.

Orien

Jul 29, 2019
Hey ChatFawkes, awesome modpack! Also in my personal single player world I added the HQM mod and started adding my own quests. So far I'm having a blast! Keep up the great work!

Reactions: ChatFawkes

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh crud I was supposed to add a shapeless recipe back a couple of versions ago because someone else was having the same problem too. I'll add it in the next version, but it will be available on GitHub later today, so you can just replace your configs with the new ones.

Though that is pretty interesting because I'm pretty sure EnderIO is supposed to have config options that increase the chance of Enderman skulls with the TiC cleaver.

I play on a server. So I cant change the config. Hoping there was something I was missing to get the Ender IO Heads. I tried the Ender sword. It didn't give me any Ender IO heads either.