TiCo & TC

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
..cost a clock a torch and have a kinda small range? Also can be very easily disabled?
Don't get me wrong, they are very good, but not as awesome as they are often made out to be, and again, disabling them is a simple config edit.
Also a simple config edit is to increase their range, and I feel like 4 blocks isn't overpowered enough. I like OP things. I play an edited version of monster, with boosted ore gen and some mods that I like. DartCraft out of the box is not OP, but it is easily configured to be.
When I want balance, I play MF2.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone recommeding Dartcraft, just... Don't. The mod is so unbalanced compared to every other mod it's not even funny. Fortune on ARMOR, that STACKS with fortune on tools, not to mention the whole thing of being able to make your fists being able to mine even Obsidian and even faster than a pick.

Then there's the Time Torch. That is so hilariously unbalaced i can't for the life of me think of a way to justify using that mod after this thing was added. Time Torch affects the tick speed of ALL tile entities and the effects stack. Yes, you can disable them, as you can disable many other things from the mod. Doesn't make the mod any less unbalanced. Wanna know how i measure the balance of mods? Fair enough, since i'm making a case agaisnt Dartcraft. The reason i'm so diametrically opposed to it, is, after you have it installed, you have little to NO incentive at ALL to use anything other than the stuff it adds. Everything is *better* in Dartcraft, and that in my opinion makes it a very overpowered mod. Starting with anything but Dartcraft is flat-out worse. Force Wrench and chest inception = move your entire base with you without any issues whatsoever. It's armor and the fact that it's armor takes enchants that are meant for tools, and not armor, but stack with enchants on tools. It's seriously overpowered compared to any other mod... Make a Grinding, Smelting, Fortune Force Pickaxe and Fortune on armor, and you now automatically get a crapton of ingots out of one piece of ore. Quarries, why do we even need them? Ore processing? What's that? You don't even need a proper energy grid if you're going with Dartcraft, you can just amass a vast amount of resources with just normal mining, and the recipes for enchanting are REALLY easy too. And Force is just too easy to get. Force Trees? Now i don't even need to mine for force gems to get my force juice. Dartcraft axe? Fortune and Auto-Smelt and you'll get insane amounts of charcoal from cutting trees down. Force Engines are also still extremely OP compared to other engines, even after the nerfs. And it's all too easily and convenient enough to do all this. Within one day of playing you'll already have progressed much much farther than if you had started with another mod. I think it just doesn't works with other mods, it's balance is very heavily on the Powerful & Convenient side: like a shadow-twin of Gregtech, that makes everything harder, Dartcraft makes everything easier and trivial.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone recommeding Dartcraft, just... Don't. The mod is so unbalanced compared to every other mod it's not even funny. Fortune on ARMOR, that STACKS with fortune on tools, not to mention the whole thing of being able to make your fists being able to mine even Obsidian and even faster than a pick.

Then there's the Time Torch. That is so hilariously unbalaced i can't for the life of me think of a way to justify using that mod after this thing was added. Time Torch affects the tick speed of ALL tile entities and the effects stack. Yes, you can disable them, as you can disable many other things from the mod. Doesn't make the mod any less unbalanced. Wanna know how i measure the balance of mods? Fair enough, since i'm making a case agaisnt Dartcraft. The reason i'm so diametrically opposed to it, is, after you have it installed, you have little to NO incentive at ALL to use anything other than the stuff it adds. Everything is *better* in Dartcraft, and that in my opinion makes it a very overpowered mod. Starting with anything but Dartcraft is flat-out worse. Force Wrench and chest inception = move your entire base with you without any issues whatsoever. It's armor and the fact that it's armor takes enchants that are meant for tools, and not armor, but stack with enchants on tools. It's seriously overpowered compared to any other mod... Make a Grinding, Smelting, Fortune Force Pickaxe and Fortune on armor, and you now automatically get a crapton of ingots out of one piece of ore. Quarries, why do we even need them? Ore processing? What's that? You don't even need a proper energy grid if you're going with Dartcraft, you can just amass a vast amount of resources with just normal mining, and the recipes for enchanting are REALLY easy too. And Force is just too easy to get. Force Trees? Now i don't even need to mine for force gems to get my force juice. Dartcraft axe? Fortune and Auto-Smelt and you'll get insane amounts of charcoal from cutting trees down. Force Engines are also still extremely OP compared to other engines, even after the nerfs. And it's all too easily and convenient enough to do all this. Within one day of playing you'll already have progressed much much farther than if you had started with another mod. I think it just doesn't works with other mods, it's balance is very heavily on the Powerful & Convenient side: like a shadow-twin of Gregtech, that makes everything harder, Dartcraft makes everything easier and trivial.
One word: Configs. They are there for a reason.

Reactions: PierceSG

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
One word: Configs. They are there for a reason.

trajing has a good point there, don't like something? Use the configs. Also: #no1curr.

EDIT: Also fortune/grinding/auto smelt on a pick is just as easy to set up with TiC, as is Fortune/Auto smelting/Whole Tree Cutting, and unlike TiC, using these upgrades in Dartcraft takes extra durability from the tool, which also break eventually if you don't keep them fed with liquid force(which still will run out really fast on these tools).

Also wasn't the fortune on armors disabled, what, months ago now?

Reactions: PierceSG

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
In the new 4.1 update you are now able to automate any crucible crafting. The infusion altar can be piped/hoppered items into and can do any crucible operation given enough essentia
I've seen that said a couple of times, but I'm fairly sure it's nonsense. The Arcane Construct can do any crucible operation, but I'm sure the Infusion Altar can't.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen that said a couple of times, but I'm fairly sure it's nonsense. The Arcane Construct can do any crucible operation, but I'm sure the Infusion Altar can't.
In TC4 it was basically the only way to automate crucible usage, but again, this was reported to work on a couple things, not sure it worked on everything.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, for the most part, I will probably stick to what I have. Etho made light of some of the engineer-ability of TC, but that is in 1.6 +. I am currently playing 1.5.2, since I am more interested in a stable modpack, than to have every new feature.

Tune in this season ^^.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

I don't get it. Are you trying to bait an argument? Do you know how sensitive the word "balance" is around here? It's becoming more difficult for me not to respond with an equally long and equally ranty post. All I'm saying is you don't have to undermine everyone else's opinion because you disagree with it. Also two fingers to balance when DC is that much fun.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
To each his own, i guess, but i still think Dartcraft upsets balance in packs. No, i'm not trying to bait an argument, so sorry if it came out that way...

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo:

What do you guys use TC for? Aside from magic researching and stuff, are there any things that can be massively produced, to say... Produce energy? Another useful item?

Given the advantages of TiCo, I do strongly doubt I will need thaumium, just to get that one out of the way, right away.

Mas produce nitor to fuel a boiler for the energy part and thaumium can be used in TiCo and its a really good material choice as it works like paper but has better stats.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am assuming most of you guys are 1.6.x.

What about your arguments for 1.5.2? Specifically Unleashed.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am assuming most of you guys are 1.6.x.

What about your arguments for 1.5.2? Specifically Unleashed.
My arguments haven't changed much on why TiC and I don't see eye to eye. Just so happens now that we have DartCraft which is better balanced and more fun.
Also I didn't use the FTB Launcher much during 1.5.2; it was pointless to me. Now I see reasons to use it. And... uh, was Unleashed the one with GT or was that Unhinged? Either way, I personally thought they both sucked. One was WAY too easy, and the other took everything to to GT Hardmode.

Hardchlor

Jul 29, 2019
I personally really like the TiCo Weaponry and Tools and I usually like to start with it generally at the time I get obsidian. In my world, I firstly built a pickaxe consisting of an obsidian head, because it's pretty fast (almost as fast as alumite) and easy to repair, a paper or obsidian binding, because all it affects is the modifier. The handle is normally the part which you normally want to make out of the toughest material, i.e. alumite in the earlier stages and blue slime or manyullyn (or however it's called) later on. The best tool head in general is imo cobalt which is the fastest one of all. For modifiers I take Repair (moss) on all of my tools, Speed on my pick (the shovel will instamine if you make it too fast), sharpness (quartz) on my sword and luck (lapis) on one pick and if you so desire, make another one with silk touch. The sword can have a bunch of cool upgrades like healing for part of the damage dealt, but I can't really afford them. Hammer, Excavator and Lumber axe are also really cool tools but they are really expensive as they require around 20-30 ingots each. I hope that was helpful in some way ^^

null123

Mar 27, 2014
well, since relationship between master and slave have been touched already i'll phrase it thus:
TC is like BDSM. compared to traditional sex the outcome is same - you get laid, but you do it with style.
Had to go there, didn't you.