Should ic2 be boycotted untill the power system is fixed ??

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
uploadfromtaptalk1394826814116.jpg

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
The History channel was never a good source for actual history documentaries anyways, the best history was/is on PBS. History channel's current focus on reality shows comes from executive decisions, not focus groups and public pressure. They have a very specific line up designed to emphasize certain cultural themes. It's not actually a good example of the common denominator ruining things (there are far less of those then people think, it's a leftover of Aristotelian thinking, the whole upper vs. lower classes. Same root for the concept of highbrow vs. lowbrow in art/comedy/culture)

But you know, PBS is the public channel so it must be bad or something. *rolleyes*

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, once you get mods that do damn near everything IC2 does outside UU-Matter and quantum armour (single mods, that is, I know you can do it with a mix), its entire purpose is whittled away in the face of the many hurdles you have to overcome in learning the complicated, over-punishing energy net. You know what does do complex energy right, in my opinion? RotaryCraft. You've got to pay attention to what you do, and there are consequences for fucking up with certain things, but the potential payout is enormous. The potential payout for IC2? Speedy smelting and little bonuses from their ore doubling mechanic. Before you bitch, I've played IC2-exp quite a bit, and its still irritating as hell to use, even though I know what I'm doing. The automated mining system is smart, but you can't give it enough power to both mine a respectable area and do so efficiently, and the miner itself can't handle fluids without a pump. Its a pain in the arse, and it is eclipsed by quarries, digital miners, RotaryCraft and Railcraft borers, hushers, and AE-based tunnel bores. The mechanics are annoying, they're not fun to play with, and the punishments do not befit the crimes you commit.

Again, if you want something hard, go RotaryCraft. If you want something simple that does almost everything IC2 does, but better and smarter (albeit a tad more expensively, in some cases), then use Mekanism. Or Engineer's Toolbox. Or Thermal Expansion. Or even freaking Thaumcraft. They are all far, far more interesting that IC2 and far less annoying.

Note that the above post is my opinion and is not to be taken as a presentation of facts. Anyone caught interpreting it as such will be kneecapped with a claw hammer.
You have a ton of good points there.
My personal choice, due to the damming nature of it is that the IC2 Autominer is actually the worst option on the market, since even ancient greek auto-mining systems are better! #HusherAutomining4Lyfe!

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a awful idea in my opinion, IC2 may not be completely balanced right now, but it still is a incredible mod. However my experince may be different from others as I use IC2 primarily along side Gregtech and multiple other IC2 Add-ons.
Yeah, GregTech makes IC2 worthwhile. Keep in mind that this is a base IC2E thread, where many of us feel it is certainly not worthwhile.

Nyoros

Jul 29, 2019
I think this might go without saying, but mod makers do what mod makers want.

Whether or not you like, dislike, or don't care about IC2-Experimental or even IC2 in general, to suggest a boycott is well, I'm not trying to be rude but it's overdramatic. The fact is, we don't pay money to the developers of IC2 to use their mod, they don't get any reward other than compliments like "Great job on the mod" or "Awesome mod!", a statistic on downloads and rarely they get donations to continue their work on the mod, donations which I doubt could sustain any human being in the modern world.

If you don't like a change in a mod, you can express your opinion that you don't like it, that's your right and no one should argue that.
But if you want to force a mod maker to make a change to the mod that he has made for pennies on the dollar with his own valuable time and shared with the entirety of the Internet for free you're beginning to push past what entitlement you do have.

My honest opinion here is that if you don't like a mod or how a mod's turned out, don't play it. Simple as that. If a lot of people feel the same and don't play the mod, the numbers will naturally reflect that, and it is the mod maker's decision on whether or not to make a change based on the opinions being voiced and the change in statistics.

You don't need organization, a group effort, a pledge, etc for your opinion to make a difference. At the end of the day, it's not our creation nor is it our right to tell a mod developer how to make his mod. If the mod maker wants to ignore an opinion? That's his right, he put the time and effort into it, and if he's fine with the drop in people playing the mod, so be it.

I'm not saying that people should or shouldn't play IC2-Experimental, but just the word "boycott" on something like a Minecraft mod is a step over the line. Whether you play it, or don't play it, like it or hate it, that's for every person to decide on his or her own. The mod maker is free to do what he/she wants too though, so long as he/she can deal with the results of their actions. For instance, I know Rotarycraft has been brought up, and I'd like to point out all the suggestions Reika has turned down to keep the integrity of his mod. Reika's more than willing to take suggestions (heck I've even made a few), but just because people would like it doesn't mean it's going to be done.

I apologize if this seemed like a rant, though I don't intend it to sound like one, I just figure I should express my thoughts in full on why I believe boycotting any mod is too far. Just play it or don't play it, and hope that the mod developer likes your recommended change, you don't need a group or a collective cause to do that. I personally quit playing with IC2 a while back, and like everyone who stops doing something I have my reasons of course.

So, I'll finish this lengthy post with a quote
"You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose."

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Whether or not you like, dislike, or don't care about IC2-Experimental or even IC2 in general, to suggest a boycott is well, I'm not trying to be rude but it's overdramatic. The fact is, we don't pay money to the developers of IC2 to use their mod, they don't get any reward other than compliments like "Great job on the mod" or "Awesome mod!", a statistic on downloads and rarely they get donations to continue their work on the mod, donations which I doubt could sustain any human being in the modern world.

If you don't like a change in a mod, you can express your opinion that you don't like it, that's your right and no one should argue that.
But if you want to force a mod maker to make a change to the mod that he has made for pennies on the dollar with his own valuable time and shared with the entirety of the Internet for free you're beginning to push past what entitlement you do have.

My honest opinion here is that if you don't like a mod or how a mod's turned out, don't play it. Simple as that. If a lot of people feel the same and don't play the mod, the numbers will naturally reflect that, and it is the mod maker's decision on whether or not to make a change based on the opinions being voiced and the change in statistics.

You don't need organization, a group effort, a pledge, etc for your opinion to make a difference. At the end of the day, it's not our creation nor is it our right to tell a mod developer how to make his mod. If the mod maker wants to ignore an opinion? That's his right, he put the time and effort into it, and if he's fine with the drop in people playing the mod, so be it.

I'm not saying that people should or shouldn't play IC2-Experimental, but just the word "boycott" on something like a Minecraft mod is a step over the line. Whether you play it, or don't play it, like it or hate it, that's for every person to decide on his or her own. The mod maker is free to do what he/she wants too though, so long as he/she can deal with the results of their actions. For instance, I know Rotarycraft has been brought up, and I'd like to point out all the suggestions Reika has turned down to keep the integrity of his mod. Reika's more than willing to take suggestions (heck I've even made a few), but just because people would like it doesn't mean it's going to be done.

I apologize if this seemed like a rant, though I don't intend it to sound like one, I just figure I should express my thoughts in full on why I believe boycotting any mod is too far. Just play it or don't play it, and hope that the mod developer likes your recommended change, you don't need a group or a collective cause to do that. I personally quit playing with IC2 a while back, and like everyone who stops doing something I have my reasons of course.

"You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friend's nose."
You've hit the nail right on the head, sir or madam.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

You are VERY late, but it does not change the fact you are correct :)

Reactions: RedBoss