Skeleton dressed exactly like me?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
This thread just reminded me; is there a way to force a mob to equip armour and/or weapons? I tried spawning a zombie, then letting it kill me while I had a suit of full diamond on and in my inventory, but I couldn't get him to pick it up. I'm also certain i've seen people give mobs equipment before. How do you do it?

no need to die to give them something, altho the AI is a bit random in what any given mob is willing to pick up. I usually try to give them some leather boots or a stone sword.
the mobs seem to prefer vanilla equipment. I have never been able to give a zombie a mining laser for instance, and they seem to always leave my TiCo sword alone too. good thing that imho. would be really hard to win that stuff back once stolen. that sword is capable of putting on a crapton of hurt on an unarmored opponent.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
no need to die to give them something, altho the AI is a bit random in what any given mob is willing to pick up. I usually try to give them some leather boots or a stone sword. the mobs seem to prefer vanilla equipment. I have never been able to give a zombie a mining laser for instance, and they seem to always leave my TiCo sword alone too. good thing that imho. would be really hard to win that stuff back once stolen. that sword is capable of putting on a crapton of hurt on an unarmored opponent.
I did know this, I was just saying I had been unable to do it. I just spawned in some diamond equipment to see if the zombie would pick it up, but to no avail.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I did know this, I was just saying I had been unable to do it. I just spawned in some diamond equipment to see if the zombie would pick it up, but to no avail.

If a zombie will not pick up something once it never will. They seem to be spawned with a pre-disposition to being able to pick up armor/tools or not.

Reactions: YX33A

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
If a zombie will not pick up something once it never will. They seem to be spawned with a pre-disposition to being able to pick up armor/tools or not.

yeah. a lot of the time they will ignore anything you toss at them. I wish the take items mechanic was a bit more consistent. it would make things like dressing up skellies for use as decoration more feasible.
seriously. how am i supposed to make a nightclub without a couple a zombie bouncers at the door hey?

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
This happened to me too. I just spent half an hour customizing my armor and it's colors, then when i go out to kill some mobs I find a mirror image of me charging at me. I nearly had a freaking heart attack. Its armour was the exact color and shape as mine, with all the things I had added like the cosmetic jetpack wings. I thought herobrine was out for my blood. Then I went closer and damage indicators told me it was a skeleton. Still creepy as hell though.
On the note of armour customization, does anyone know how to customize the color of the power tool? I can and already have customized the armor itself using the 'L' button but i can't customize my powertool, since the options for each bit of it's model does not appear. Help please?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This happened to me too. I just spent half an hour customizing my armor and it's colors, then when i go out to kill some mobs I find a mirror image of me charging at me. I nearly had a freaking heart attack. Its armour was the exact color and shape as mine, with all the things I had added like the cosmetic jetpack wings. I thought herobrine was out for my blood. Then I went closer and damage indicators told me it was a skeleton. Still creepy as hell though.
On the note of armour customization, does anyone know how to customize the color of the power tool? I can and already have customized the armor itself using the 'L' button but i can't customize my powertool, since the options for each bit of it's model does not appear. Help please?

it was possible to color your powertool in the past, but you haven't been able to do that in most recent versions.
I do hope it gets added back in though, gotta have a matching powertool with your armor afterall

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019

Chance that the zombie will be able to pickup equipment depends on difficulty, you will have the best results on hard. Also zombie that picked up an item will not despawn.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Ive had a skeleton with a gravisuit ultimate solar helm quantum leggings and quantum boots and a vajra in there hand they are a pain to kill... but it did drop the gravisuit so yea

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
Ive had a skeleton with a gravisuit ultimate solar helm quantum leggings and quantum boots and a vajra in there hand they are a pain to kill... but it did drop the gravisuit so yea
Stick that puppy in a safari net and it could make for a killer mob farm!

Reactions: nobutty

Flyin_spaghetti

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I see this is an old thread but anyway, as an update, in the case of modular powersuits, mobs can use speed upgrade modules.