Skeleton dressed exactly like me?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Joab_the_Great

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has been discussed before (found nothing when I searched). I'm playing Unleashed 1.1.3 in a whitelisted server and three times I have encountered skeletons outfitted the same as me. They were wearing the exact same armor, and the last two times they were also wearing the Advanced Electric Jetpack, just like me. The first time it was carrying a Force pickaxe, which I had in my inventory. The last two times they were not armed but did damage if they touched me.

Their health is 20 but it takes an incredible amount of damage dealt to lower that at all. This last time I couldn't get its health below 17 because of the regen the beacon at my base was supplying, so I picked it up with a Gravi gun and dropped it out in the middle of the ocean. Speaking of which, I kept blasting it so it stayed underwater but it wouldn't drown.

Can anyone fill me in on what mod causes this? Is the purpose of it to add some sort of boss to the game?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Not a boss mob, but just like a skeleton and zombie can appear in the game with an gold/iron armor they can appear with armor from IC2 and even modular power suits if I recall correctly. I believe it depends on how the mod author classifies their armor if the zombie/skeleton can equip it in the game.

I'm sure someone will have more info about this than me, but I just wanted to let you know it is not a glitch and not a boss until they come by with more info.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
If you are wearing it near where they spawn. They can spawn with your armor on, but they can't use the modules you have installed in it thou.

I have a mob farm near my base, and i have 3 copies of my power armor and power fist in my ae system.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If it looks just like your armor it doesn't actually do anything for them, in my experience.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If it looks just like your armor it doesn't actually do anything for them, in my experience.
Wrong. It works just like when they wear vanilla armor. Though, it doesn't replicate your MPS modules, so it will be just the bare armor pieces. A Skeleton in full Nano takes forever to murder, especially if you don't have a Rapier yet. Also, a skeleton in full Nano with a Rapier that does 5 hearts of damage is insane. Thank Christ nanobows have an explosive feature :p

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong. It works just like when they wear vanilla armor. Though, it doesn't replicate your MPS modules, so it will be just the bare armor pieces. A Skeleton in full Nano takes forever to murder, especially if you don't have a Rapier yet. Also, a skeleton in full Nano with a Rapier that does 5 hearts of damage is insane. Thank Christ nanobows have an explosive feature :p

perhaps you can make a filter using a disarm portal in mystcraft? get the goods one hundred percent of the time.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
So far the only mob i've seen not wearing vanilla armour was a skeleton wearing MPS armour (though it only halved the damage he took, not a 96% reduction like the player can get). I never knew this could happen.

Also, whats the best armour a mob can spawn with? I've certainly never seen nano armour.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

An MPS suit without any modules is "not doing anything for them", isn't it? I should have been more specific about which type of armor I meant.

Joab_the_Great

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks all for the replies. So far it's only happened with skeletons, and the first time was underground while caving. It's strange to see a skeleton coming at you wearing an amethyst helmet and leggings and with a jetpack and longfall boots.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Thanks all for the replies. So far it's only happened with skeletons, and the first time was underground while caving. It's strange to see a skeleton coming at you wearing an amethyst helmet and leggings and with a jetpack and longfall boots.

They copy tools as well. Be prepared for a skeleton(With increased attack speed based on close-ness) wielding nano sabres, Fully decked out cleavers/battle axes/rapiers/cutlasses, Fully enchanted swords, and all the rest. It's a funny day when you "create" a skeleton that can beat an iron golem in a 1v1.

Reactions: RedBoss

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
They copy tools as well. Be prepared for a skeleton(With increased attack speed based on close-ness) wielding nano sabres, Fully decked out cleavers/battle axes/rapiers/cutlasses, Fully enchanted swords, and all the rest. It's a funny day when you "create" a skeleton that can beat an iron golem in a 1v1.

I had a skelly come at me with a copy of a test kit i was trying out in creative once. (was trying out TiCo stuff, but hey. i wanted to be op when testing dps, so i went with some spawned in nano/advanced nano)

The durn thing was wearing the full nano kit, with the advanced nano chestplate and all, altho it did not manage to use the flight function. wielding a frikkin manyullyn scythe.

I have to say i was suitably impressed. meeting that thing in survival would have been really scary. for some reason i forgot to make screenies :(.

Reactions: RedBoss

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
This thread just reminded me; is there a way to force a mob to equip armour and/or weapons? I tried spawning a zombie, then letting it kill me while I had a suit of full diamond on and in my inventory, but I couldn't get him to pick it up. I'm also certain i've seen people give mobs equipment before. How do you do it?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
That is going to be hilarious. I would cause flux, taint and any other form of shenanigan to get this to happen
The number of giants you'd need to make to get lucky enough...