FTB Unleashed = NO aluminium?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wirblewind

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently started up on unleashed with a few friends and we have all noticed that there is almost no aluminum on the map.

Is this on purpose or is something overriding the ore generation?

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Well if your comparing the old xycraft aluminum ore to the new TConstruct Aluminium ore then you are bound to see a major drop in ore rates. A good tip for you is just to rush through high level caves for the ore, you are bound to find plenty to get you the casts you will need plus a bunch of other good stuff. Time and Effort is all it takes to succeed in Feed the Beast.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
TConstruct aluminium is ridiculously rare by default in the latest versions, except for Extreme Hills biomes. Drop a quarry on one of those and you should get a few dozen.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I've got a cave set up where, with 9 aluminum ore-berry bushes I can grow an ingot a day. I have caves set up for all the ore-berries and collect the bushes as I find them.

I've found several bushes, most recently Iron, growing on the surface...

Of course, this doesn't keep me from hitting the mines for real ore.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest getting a quarry setup, or looking for a cave world. Best way to get aluminum in my opinion.
Also, Tinkers construct

Kitchen_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
I also use the oreberry bushes to produce aluminum. I have made an automatic system that harvests and smelts the berries into nuggets. I have a ridiculous amount of aluminum now.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Where do you guys find all these oreberry bushes? The largest amount of aluminium oreberry bushes I had in any world ever was... two. (And 7 iron, 3 copper, 0 tin)

Kitchen_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
I find tons of aluminium oreberry bushes every time I go caving. I seem to find more aluminium and tin bushes than any others. I have a hard time finding gold oreberry bushes.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, I've got them coming out my ears. Look around the surface for random piles of gravel. You can get aluminum ore from those as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1379788619][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah, I've got them coming out my ears. Look around the surface for random piles of gravel. You can get aluminum ore from those as well.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I love ore berries. They make my ore obtaining much easier. But they don't cover all of my ores I need/use, nor can I find a way to process them into those kinds without EE3 (and a EE3 addon I installed). On the plus side, "Tastes Like Creeper".

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I find Gold ore-berries down close to bedrock. I don't know the specific range, but I also find essence-berries there as well.

BTW, I've grown ore-berries on the surface, but they do grow better in darker caves. I have mine illuminated to BL:9 in the darkest corners to curb mob-spawning.

I process all my berries (except essence) in a smelter. Smelter ingots seem universal, as long as the metal type is known by the target tech.

BTW, the only use I've seen for essence berries so far is from a video where the host used some king of "Queen Grub" to spawn glow-worms, Essence berries were the queen's food. Anyone have other uses?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, the only use I've seen for essence berries so far is from a video where the host used some king of "Queen Grub" to spawn glow-worms, Essence berries were the queen's food. Anyone have other uses?

Erm... you eat them and gain XP? I thought that was the only point of them.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Where do you guys find all these oreberry bushes? The largest amount of aluminium oreberry bushes I had in any world ever was... two. (And 7 iron, 3 copper, 0 tin)

I find them all over. I have 11 now but only 1 iron. That's only after I figured out you can pick them up. I don't know how many I passed up before I figured out I could pick them up. I've even found a couple of aluminum on the surface. I still need a couple more copper for an ingot per harvest and I need to find the single gold bush I found.
There are quite a few ravines in the general area I'm at and many caves I know I passed a few in mineshafts also.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Those are Torchberries which you use to regenerate a Moonworm Queen. Both from Twilight Forest. Torchberries hang from the roof in caves. There's a bug that makes them disappear when you look at them, but you can still break the block above them to make them drop.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the additional info. I've only played modded Minecraft since July.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
You don't really need aluminum, all its uses have substitutes making it entirely optional. Steel is a better and cheaper substitute for alumite and can be made with 1 iron and 4 coal, and gold can be used for your casts if you are short of alumite.