The Ongoing Battle Against The Spambots

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, will do. :p

Techno shooed everyone off the orbit station. After moving the essentials, he leaned against the side and the station soared up, never to be seen again.

Ashbite had found a furnace. Settling himself on the burning hot coals, he waited for the fire to flare up.

Hugs! Now we can get back to surviving the shiznit of the apocalypse. I hereby decree that there shall be a spambot attack in three days which will be... five IC posts I guess.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Ken woke and got up from his bed. He ate and went on to refurnish the room, lowering the table and adding various decorations. He left the room and started to explore the bunker. "Hullo?" he asked. His voice reverberated across the halls.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Techno attempted to persuade Ashbite to get off the wood, just in case he was hit by a metal rod while someone tried to hammer one flat. Since Ashbite refused, Techno instead nudged the chicks into a corner of the forge, ignoring their protests, and lit the wood.

The fire then caught, flaring up in the most spectacular manner. Techno picked up some scrap metal, and held it in the flames. Once it had softened, Techno hammered it into shape. Taking the new shape, Techno placed it into the pond. After the steam cleared, Techno inspected the shape.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Actually Conduits are kinda not gone because Kameh has them.

IC: Technician pressed a couple of keys on his computer, then turned attention back to the head of the spambot attached.

He fiddled around for a bit, then activated a program, titled "Civplayah.exe" The spambot's eyes lid up a blue, and multiple spambots around the world stopped functioning. Civilization V opened on Technician's computer, and in his base, Kamehameha was yelling at his spambots. He thought he had patched that.

OOC: Technician is playing Civ5 with some bots, just around six of them.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: Conduits are not gone. All 50 of them were running around wreaking havoc mindlessly because there was no one controlling the Sphere. Ken accidentally touched it thinking it was a lamp but put it in a cupboard when it didn't. The Conduits are milling about like regular humans now.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: Conduits are not gone. All 50 of them were running around wreaking havoc mindlessly because there was no one controlling the Sphere. Ken accidentally touched it thinking it was a lamp but put it in a cupboard when it didn't. The Conduits are milling about like regular humans now.

I need to talk to you about Conduits, can Kameh make like a big computer run and enhanced with conduits or do they not work like that

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I need to talk to you about Conduits, can Kameh make like a big computer run and enhanced with conduits or do they not work like that

The Conduits can only willingly pour power into a machine. Only in perfect condition and emotion can they do this. Theoretically, he could, but he could not trap them or threaten them, as that would make their state... not perfect.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Actually Conduits are kinda not gone because Kameh has them.

IC: Technician pressed a couple of keys on his computer, then turned attention back to the head of the spambot attached.

He fiddled around for a bit, then activated a program, titled "Civplayah.exe" The spambot's eyes lid up a blue, and multiple spambots around the world stopped functioning. Civilization V opened on Technician's computer, and in his base, Kamehameha was yelling at his spambots. He thought he had patched that.

OOC: Technician is playing Civ5 with some bots, just around six of them.

OOC: XD. :p

OOC: I thought conduits usually milled about like regular humans... It's not like they're possessed in any way, I think. They're regular people, for the most part, in regards to psychology, anywho. Also, I thought we settled on the Sphere being a piece of carved stone?

The Conduits can only willingly pour power into a machine. Only in perfect condition and emotion can they do this. Theoretically, he could, but he could not trap them or threaten them, as that would make their state... not perfect.

OOC: You remember the old overloading types we used to discuss? Maybe we could use those here?

Techno kept an eye on Ashbite, to ensure the latter did not get hammered by a metal rod while someone was working. Whenever Ashbite got too close to the working zone, Techno would pause for moment, and poke Ashbite back with the metal rod he would have been working on at the time. Other than that, the Pheonixes were well hidden, feeding off the flames. So far, everyone had settled on using a sturdy rock as an anvil. Once the rock wore out, a new one was found, and moved. So far, the teamwork went well, and people co-operated in ways that they had not, for a lengthly amount of time. Too long, it could be said.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

OOC: I thought conduits usually milled about like regular humans... It's not like they're possessed in any way, I think. They're regular people, for the most part, in regards to psychology, anywho. Also, I thought we settled on the Sphere being a piece of carved stone?

OOC: You remember the old overloading types we used to discuss? Maybe we could use those here?

OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR, we could get rid of conduits all together :D

Reactions: ApSciLiara

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019

Techno kept an eye on Ashbite, to ensure the latter did not get hammered by a metal rod while someone was working. Whenever Ashbite got too close to the working zone, Techno would pause for moment, and poke Ashbite back with the metal rod he would have been working on at the time. Other than that, the Pheonixes were well hidden, feeding off the flames. So far, everyone had settled on using a sturdy rock as an anvil. Once the rock wore out, a new one was found, and moved. So far, the teamwork went well, and people co-operated in ways that they had not, for a lengthly amount of time. Too long, it could be said.
I am not understanding at all.
Conduits can still run out of energy and pass out.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR, we could get rid of conduits all together :D

OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR you're making the RPG boring. Your complaining about it is just as bad. I UNDERSTAND that yes, Whizz is being OP but the Conduits aren't a bad idea. They just need to be more defined, so we understand them. RPG is about figuring out what path is going on just as much as the actual plotline. That's what it is, an interactive, fun story. You're making it boring because anything that could be great is "OPOPOPOP."

Let's get Whizz to tell us exactly how it mostly functions, and it's facets, then we can agree to tone it down.

":)"

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Conduits are Humans who have been infused with regenerating Conduit Energy, or the energy of Life. As such, they live much longer lives and have various powers. They can, with their energy, power items or cause plants to grow very quickly. They are bonded to the Ray Sphere. If no one controls the Ray Sphere, the Conduits become mindless and reckless, invulnerable until someone touches the Ray Sphere and gains control. At that time they will return to being exactly like regular humans.

The Ray Sphere is a Blue Sphere of unknown origin which possesses the power to infuse humans with the energy of Life. This Sphere is indestructible for reasons unknown and destroying it could have dire consequences, first being that all Conduits will suddenly begin to wreak havoc, completely invulnerable, using their powers to destroy. No one has ever found a way to destroy it.

Any more lore you request I'll give.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Conduits are Humans who have been infused with regenerating Conduit Energy, or the energy of Life. As such, they live much longer lives and have various powers. They can, with their energy, power items or cause plants to grow very quickly. They are bonded to the Ray Sphere. If no one controls the Ray Sphere, the Conduits become mindless and reckless, invulnerable until someone touches the Ray Sphere and gains control. At that time they will return to being exactly like regular humans.

The Ray Sphere is a Blue Sphere of unknown origin which possesses the power to infuse humans with the energy of Life. This Sphere is indestructible for reasons unknown and destroying it could have dire consequences, first being that all Conduits will suddenly begin to wreak havoc, completely invulnerable, using their powers to destroy. No one has ever found a way to destroy it.

Any more lore you request I'll give.

Didn't you fuse the ray sphere with yourself? And didn't I kill you, therefore destroying the ray sphere? What happens now?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Techno was working in the furnace when J walked up to him.
"Hey, have you seen the pheonixes?"
"Oh, yeah, they're in here."
"Ah, right. Here chickey chickies!"
About a dozen little orange chicks fell out of the furnace, and started cheeping around J. He lowered down his hand, and on hopped Ashbite, who he promptly put on his shoulder.
While Ashbite nibbled his hair, J asked techno, "Hey, uh, I know very little about pheonixes, and I reckon I need to train them. Could you give me a hand?"

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
I am not understanding at all.
Conduits can still run out of energy and pass out.

OOC: Ok, to recap, conduits can put energy in things. If they put too much, that thing may explode/combust. That was overloading. I fail to see why the Ray Sphere should be electronic in nature.

Techno prodded the coals, and allowed the flames to flare higher. The flames began to lick at the shroud. Still unsatisfied, Techno pushed a large energy packet into the flames.

They shot up with a roar, spewing out of the top of the chimney, and throwing burning coals everywhere. Since the flames where just barely hot enough, Techno started melting down an odd metal. It would be stable, but very brittle. It would handle an explosion, but explode into dust at the slightest tap in the wrong place. Techno wanted to make an alloy.

Techno took the Pheonixes out of the shelter. They had grown considerably. At the moment, they were the size of a rock. They would grow, but the flames alone were not enough to nourish them. They needed proper food, and to be taught. Techno could help with teaching them how to use their abilities, but only to a slight extent. They would be more likely to follow a leading figure. So far, there were several wooden shacks being established, so that the people had shelter to work with. The smithy that was being built would be able to serve as a training area for the young'uns. While everyone would prepare everything else, Techno would work with the metals, as that was more of his element, and he was more familiar with that.

Blaze, inexplicably, enjoyed the water. She enjoyed it as much as she enjoyed the fire. It just fit her. She was growing a little more independent of Ashbite, but she still looked up to him as her older brother. She began protesting when Techno picked her up, but stopped when he put her in a bucket of warm water. She just swam, and dived, enjoying it and spraying water everywhere.

When the_j arrived, Techno put the blade he had been working on in the trough of cold water, and responded to the_j's question.

Picking up Blaze, Techno then walked outside, pursued by a relentless swarm of hungry pheonix chicks.

OOC: They will grow to be very large indeed, well, in regards to wingspan. But it will take training and time. :p

Reactions: the_j485

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Blaze was having fun. The lake was lapping at her feet. She did not notice the shadow that crept up to her. When a paw almost tapped her on the tail, Blaze fled. She ran and hid. The cat seemed to find her, and trapped between three crates, on a puddle of water, she tried to hide from what was certain to be her fate.

Techno whipped around. He felt the energetic shockwave, but nearly anything else would not have.

Anger, and Fear rose up in Blaze, forming a deadly combination. Almost of their own volition, they exploded out of her a combination of water and flame. The puddle evaporated, the cat was sent flying, and the crates were flattened. Feeling immensely tired, Blaze curled up and went to sleep, but not before being picked up, and placed into the burning coals of the forge.

Techno watched the slumbering form of Blaze. She had spent a gigantic amount of energy, and would still need to eat, perhaps more than usual. He nudged her into the corner, and let the flames warm her small body, while he began to work on making a new set of crates.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
J was helping around the city, moving some construction materials for people, anything he could do to help really.
He heard a cheeping by his left foot, and saw Ashbite, walking along next to him. HE seemed to be content to stick with J, so he didn't bother him.
Suddenly, J's foot hit a rock, tripping him up. He realised, to his terror, that he was about to crush little Ashbite, and he could do nothing.

Suddenly, the box stopped falling. It was levitating, above Ashbite. J grabbed the tiny phoenix, and the box fell.

He looked in his hands, and apparently the poor thing had escaped unscathed, but now it was sleeping in his hands, passed out from exertion.