Builder?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

0rangesII

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys does anyone know if the FTB team is going to bring back the builder anytime soon? I know it is still in the game but I would like to know when it will start working again.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
That has nothing to do with the FTB Team, that has to do with the Buildcraft Team. Also, last I heard it was bugged and I believe it can crash your world, so don't expect it to be fixed any time soon.

0rangesII

Jul 29, 2019
I knew it was bugged, I was just wondering if it was going to come back soon. But I guess not :(

Ps. Thanks for the speedy reply

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Actually CovertJaguar has been meaning to take a stab at it for a while now. It's one of the most popular requests for Buildcraft... understandably so, since the Builder is part of why Buildcraft has its name in the first place ;)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Out of interest, what is the issue with it? I only heard that "it's broken", but not why it's broken exactly.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Out of interest, what is the issue with it? I only heard that "it's broken", but not why it's broken exactly.
It's not broken from a gameplay perspective more from a code perspective and it resets chunks iirc so basically generic "I have NFI what the hell just happened so meh roooooolll it back to the start" Minecraft behavior as well as some other nasty effects of bugs.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Also a disturbing tendency to corrupt world files. And trying to make a blueprint out of modded items got... umm... interesting. Sometimes it worked. If you were lucky. But usually... not so much.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
builder an item i desperately want too, the concept and functionality if it gets working is just huuuuuge. such a good idea, albeit difficult one.

i'd even be happy if it just used vanilla items and substituted all other types as air, but I understand its difficult to implement regardless. good luck getting it working!

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
They called it the Marsh "builder" MellowMan destroyer of worlds.... use at your own risk, before they removed it.

Here's a tip, place one block, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another see you can emulate what a builder does :p

Reactions: glepet1962

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
They called it the Marsh "builder" MellowMan destroyer of worlds.... use at your own risk, before they removed it.

Here's a tip, place one block, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another see you can emulate what a builder does :p
A builder's wand from extra utilities can cut your 'then anothers' in half! W00T