A whole new world.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
But if you're at the point that you've fallen in lava.. You're just going to take damage anyway before you can get out.
Fly away (Wing / Feather!) before you even HIT the lava, or upgrade your armour with Sturdy (Obsidian) to vastly increase the damage reduction.

Not when 2 consecutive lag spikes strike you once you discover lava P:.

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
One way to get blaze rods outside of the nether is to go to a desert and find some of the (I cant remember the name) but its a firey looking plant, they give blaze powder; get 2 of them and use EE3 to make them into 1 blaze rod. Then use the blaze rod in a macerator or pulverizer and turn 1 blaze rod into 5 blaze powder, then rinse and repeat :)

RabidBurn

Jul 29, 2019
One way to get blaze rods outside of the nether is to go to a desert and find some of the (I cant remember the name) but its a firey looking plant, they give blaze powder; get 2 of them and use EE3 to make them into 1 blaze rod. Then use the blaze rod in a macerator or pulverizer and turn 1 blaze rod into 5 blaze powder, then rinse and repeat :)

Oh yeah, forgot about those flowers. Thanks!

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
That blaze rod recipe was removed, specifically because of that positive feedback loop

Reactions: RedBoss

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
oh really? i haven't tried it in any of the 1.5.2 packs, only ultimate
I found out when I tried to craft it. It was a cheesy exploit, but I used to do the loop a few times to get ender chests early for quarries and things. Had to do it the manly way and fight blazes this time (which is exciting with no armor or resistance potions).

Pahimar is working pretty hard to keep EE3 from turning out like EE2 was, exploit loops like this won't last long after they're found

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Or make a bow and shoot from distance...?

Viable but slow and less likely to get the 2 or 3 rods you want at the beginning if a world, off random spawns.
If you are close enough to a spawner to get them to spawn you will get shot at.

Really it depends on how much time you want to spend at the start of a new world getting a couple of rods.

Personally, I want to do it as soon as possible preferably before I hit the iron age.