Updating my 1.5.2 Pack to 1.6

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
1.6 is around the corner and when all the mods are updated, will it be possible to update my little pack of 29 mods to 1.6? I know I have heard a lot about 1.5 modded stuff not being compatible with 1.6, so I'm not sure. The mods in my pack are:

CodeChickenCore
Immibis Microblocks
Not Enough Items

Rei's Minimap
Ars Magica
Bibliocraft
Biomes O' Plenty
Buildcraft
Ender Storage
Immibis Core
Iron Chest
Jammy Furniture Mod
Mystcraft
Natura
Project bench
Thaumcraft 3
Thaumic Tinkerer
The Twilight Forest
Underground Biomes

EDIT: Added:
Thermal Expansion
Eternal Frost
RedLogic

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
I know that is matters on when the mods update, but will my current world work in 1.6? Slowpoke has said that the 1.5.2 FTB Beta packs won't work in 1.6, so would that mean all modded packs in 1.5 won't work in 1.6?

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I know that is matters on when the mods update, but will my current world work in 1.6? Slowpoke has said that the 1.5.2 FTB Beta packs won't work in 1.6, so would that mean all modded packs in 1.5 won't work in 1.6?

No one really knows. You can always back up your world and try to convert it.

cloudbyday90

Jul 29, 2019
First off, 1.6 is in its pre-release..second higly doubtful that it would be an easy conversion. Right now, I am just messing with the mods and learning what does what. Hopefully, with 1.6 the IC2 and RP2 mods will be fully replaced.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
I remember the Forge guys talking about how the new liquid system will change in 1.6. This might mean incompatibilities with stuff like tanks and lakes not being there. I don't actually know much about that, though. Other than those changes, we won' be able to find out until all your component mods update, which will probably take a month or two.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Here are your odds, 70% chance your world wont even load, 10% you can get in and half your stuff has dissapeared and your quarry(if its still miracoulously running) spewwing stuff everywhere and a f-ing horse in one of your Iron Tanks, 9.999% chance you meet a creeper tmrw and find out he's really quite a nice guy, just a bit gassy... 0,001% it'll work without any major problems...

Pulled this all out my arse btw;)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I remember the Forge guys talking about how the new liquid system will change in 1.6. This might mean incompatibilities with stuff like tanks and lakes not being there. I don't actually know much about that, though. Other than those changes, we won' be able to find out until all your component mods update, which will probably take a month or two.

It was KingLemming who did the new Forge Liquid Api - I remember there was a misunderstanding at the time of the GT tesseracts, where SpawnX and Greg were talking about replacing a particular Liquid Tesseract in thier vbase with a GT one, and KL thinking Greg didn't like how TE Liquid tesseracts work, and made to sure emphasise how he was doing the 1.6 liquid api, so if Greg doesn't like it he can't use forge liquid.
Then KL realised it was simply due to that exact situation meaning that a GT one was the better solution for that particular incident due to space or something, and not a general Dislike of TE liquids.
Ahh the amount of crap on these forums...

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
Forge team appears to be up to their elbows working on the 1.6 update. It looks like they've gotten pretty far along, but still tweaking things. that said; it looks like a major update will be required for the Mods to get everything running in 1.6.. I wouldn't expect an update within a month for a beta pack, and at that who knows how long some of the mods will take to update (I'm looking at you IC2/Greg)

and then we have people like Chickenbones who seems to have some type of Tardis available to him.. how does he update that fast?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Naw as soon as IC2 is updated, so will Greg.
Greg updates quite frequently and is very fast for big fixes and updates.

Mystcraft I'm more worried about, TBH.
And perhaps Mekanism as well, if Aiden is having troubles with the buildcraft API.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
There's a Forge for 1.6 out already with an awesome new auto installer, no more fiddling with the jar just double click and youre done!!! Guys be realistic, there is not gonna be an FTB update until RP2 updates most likely or until Elo takes too long and they have to update to prevent mutiny;)

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
Naw as soon as IC2 is updated, so will Greg.
Greg updates quite frequently and is very fast for big fixes and updates.

Mystcraft I'm more worried about, TBH.
And perhaps Mekanism as well, if Aiden is having troubles with the buildcraft API.

And BC was just updated too. But they've been playing with the release candidate, so i would expect they will be ready for 1.6 soon after Forge is ready to go.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
1.6 is around the corner and when all the mods are updated, will it be possible to update my little pack of 29 mods to 1.6? I know I have heard a lot about 1.5 modded stuff not being compatible with 1.6, so I'm not sure. The mods in my pack are:

CodeChickenCore
Immibis Microblocks
Not Enough Items

Rei's Minimap
Ars Magica
Bibliocraft
Biomes O' Plenty
Buildcraft
Ender Storage
Immibis Core
Iron Chest
Jammy Furniture Mod
Mystcraft
Natura
Project bench
Thaumcraft 3
Thaumic Tinkerer
The Twilight Forest
Underground Biomes

EDIT: Added:
Thermal Expansion
Eternal Frost
RedLogic

if all those mods get updated then you'll have no problem. if you do it with out the mods then you'll loss the items in that mod.

and when you do update make sure that the block id's are the same or they changed to what it says they are