[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right, now I remember. I avoided that crap like the plague. (In retrospect, that shizzle pre-dated so-called reality TV)

Me and Ung God aren't fighting. Its a communications issue. I watch all his videos. I like 34.2% of his posts. I correct his english. We're bros.
You make it sound less funny all of a sudden :oops:

Reactions: Pyure
U

UNG_God

After reading more of it, i think i get what "infinite" is more about, it is more about the abuse of a single source, so you just dont like to sticking too long on the same power type. Commendable.
Even people not liking, correcting of spelling can be good, i still have troubles with engrish , a lot of time i ask "why there is two c on accept and two f on different !!!?"

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
After reading more of it, i think i get what "infinite" is more about, it is more about the abuse of a single source, so you just dont like to sticking too long on the same power type. Commendable.
Almost nailed it. I avoid any power type that I *CAN* stick too long with. Tree farms are a decent example: In most packs I feel like I can scale up biofuel/charcoal production to a point where I feel like I'm producing Kardashev-1-type power. Fission and fusion and such are pointless except as interest-projects. Fortunately this pack attempts to tackle that problem via various recipe/machine expenses and via pollution.

Its plausible I'm going to find nitrodiesel is too easily-scaled into the late game. At which point I'll probably personally boycott that too :p

lot of time i ask "why there is two c on accept and two f on different !!!?"
Because English is stupid.

H

Herrminator1994

So I just found a sag mill recipe for uraninite ore that gives me a crushed U235 per uraninite. That seems a little odd to me, is that intended behavior?

H

Herrminator1994

Not super weird. The SAG specializes in giving secondary resources while drastically reducing the primary output. For some ores its pretty awesome.
I think the Advanced Miner II/ Pulverizer is still the better route with most stuff.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
i know you have posted a lot, but a simple question... are you now up to date with the version? i still recall the fuss that happened while ago with the version of the server being very outdated. most gems i dont bother to process. Aluminum in excess... did you started galacticraft? it really helps with on the excess of aluminum.

I'm on modpack v3.2.18 and the current is v3.2.19.1 so I'm not far behind altho you're certainly correct to wonder about me. :) It's great to know there will indeed be a use for Aluminium, and as you probably suspected, I have not started on Galacticraft yet. But it's been on my mind now that I seem to have arrived at a new "power plateau" and feel I can begin to branch out into some other things... if for no other reason than for the fun of it. I enjoyed Galacticraft in my one play-thru with it, it seems like a great mod with (hopefully) a good interaction with the GT ores (such as Naquadah, which I have never even seen in creative mode before. LOL

One thing I really love about this modpack and about GregTech is how all materials seem to have a use somewhere, at some point in the play-thru. It's almost as if it is all planned out perfectly, because I rarely have an excess of something building up with nowhere to use it. Aluminium dust was one of the few, which is why I made special mention of it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Advanced Miner II/ Pulverizer is still the better route with most stuff.

Yeah good point, Pyure's preference for the SAG Mill means we have to mine the blocks by hand, in order to avoid the automatic Pulverizing done by the Advanced Miner II. I've really grown fond of my Miner II, she's a beauty. :D

But yeah it's not that difficult by hand - Ruby, for instance, always seems to occur in a 2-block-tall layer within the Redstone vein... making it quite easy to get in there and clean them all out. And naturally... then we could set up our Miner II atop the vein to collect the rest of the Redstone and Cinnabar (which I assume we still would want to do, if only for the Mercury it contains, which allows us to process other ores for important by-products like Gold Dusts).

Last edited:
H

Herrminator1994

Yeah good point, Pyure's preference for the SAG Mill means we have to mine the blocks by hand, in order to avoid the automatic Pulverizing done by the Advanced Miner II. I've really grown fond of my Miner II, she's a beauty. :D

But yeah it's not that difficult by hand - Ruby, for instance, always seems to occur in a 2-block-tall layer within the Redstone vein... making it quite easy to get in there and clean them all out. And naturally... then we could set up our Miner II atop the vein to collect the Redstone and Cinnabar (which I assume we still would want to do, if only for the Mercury it contains, which allows us to process other ores for important by-products like Gold Dusts).
You can also use an ender quarry to clean up a specific vein if you want. That will give the ore blocks.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I almost forgot what I came here for... LOL

I just macerated a stray Cobaltite Ore that was lying around in a chest, and to my surprise the dust didn't stack with all my other Cobalt dusts... sure enough, the recipe changed, adding Arsenic as well.

So my question: What is Arsenic used for? A quick look thru NEI didn't reveal much, from what I saw.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Absolutely. But that's whats neat about the SAG mill now: they don't really compete as much anymore. Now they have specific uses. And in some cases, the SAG is superior to the point of being almost-OP.

(Also worth noting that you can build the SAG considerably earlier than the Adv Miner, and its a loooot easier to use, so it *should* be inferior overall)

Reactions: Herrminator1994
H

Herrminator1994

Absolutely. But that's whats neat about the SAG mill now: they don't really compete as much anymore. Now they have specific uses. And in some cases, the SAG is superior to the point of being almost-OP.

(Also worth noting that you can build the SAG considerably earlier than the Adv Miner, and its a loooot easier to use, so it *should* be inferior overall)
I checked out the sag mill early, filed it under "things I don't have the tech to build," and forgot it existed for a long time.

H

Herrminator1994

So I built a little automatic processing line burning up some byproducts. Gregtech fun!
2017-01-04_22.13.48.png

N

nickicool

Hi! I'm novice in Infitech, but I really like infitech. There are resources on Mars that is not in the overworld? Why go to other planets?

N

nickicool

And, what are the first methods to mine in this modpack, after the usual picks? The quarry from buildcraft is off... drills like too. Sorry I'm novice in complex modpacks like infitech2 )) and sorry my bad English!

H

Hunew

Hi! I recently decided to run this modpack on my server. And I should translate the Quest book for my server users, they don't know English. So, may I translate the Quest book? If you dont mind, i wont.

stuned

Jul 29, 2019
And, what are the first methods to mine in this modpack, after the usual picks? The quarry from buildcraft is off... drills like too. Sorry I'm novice in complex modpacks like infitech2 )) and sorry my bad English!

I think you will stick a long time to the Pickaxe and upgrade it just to a Gregtech Drill, until you reach HV era. Unggod got a good idea to use the Mining Bore from Railcraft wich you can access in steam era i think and it helps alot to farm decent amount of a Ore vein. After you reach the HV era ,upgrade your EFB and build a Vaccum freezer you can build the advanced miner from industrial craft , the ender quarry . There are some other auto mining tools too, from pneumaticcraft/buildcraft/opencomputer the drones/turtle but i never messed with them so i dont know exactly if they are HV era or up or even down. And of course the new advanced Miner II Multiblocks.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I built a little automatic processing line burning up some byproducts. Gregtech fun!View attachment 31367

Yeah, my Distillation Towers processing Heavy Oil puts out so many of the tiny hydrated coal dusts I just have no clue what to do with them all. My first thought was to do what you did, turn them all into diamonds... but I soon realized I don't have enough Flint... and then I realized I don't have enough Gravel to make more Flint... I'm just being overwhelmed with Coal Dusts and I keep having to upgrade the Jabba Barrel tier to hold them all (and yes that is AFTER turning the tiny dusts into whole dusts, reducing their count by a factor of 9).

Ultimately, I decided turning them into diamonds wasn't really worth the energy cost, so I just store the coal dusts now. I mean, what use could that many diamonds possibly have, except perhaps decorative, if you wanna be "baller" and build using diamond blocks.

From a practical standpoint (this came up in a recent thread discussion), I liked the suggestion someone posted, they said they were using the coal dusts as fuel to power some processing operations somewhere. That's probably the best idea but I don't have any conception of how or where I'd use coal dust as fuel - the only thing I know is you can power a vanilla furnace with it, but that doesn't help me out at all.

C

codewarrior0

I just macerated a stray Cobaltite Ore that was lying around in a chest, and to my surprise the dust didn't stack with all my other Cobalt dusts... sure enough, the recipe changed, adding Arsenic as well.

So my question: What is Arsenic used for? A quick look thru NEI didn't reveal much, from what I saw.

Arsenic is used for absolutely nothing. I can't even imagine anything it could be used for, except maybe to brew poison potions.

Plain Cobalt dust comes from washing or centrifuging Copper and other copper-bearing ores. Cobaltite Ore gives the CoAsS Cobaltite dust which you're better off smelting for Cobalt instead of processing further.

and then I realized I don't have enough Gravel to make more Flint...

SAG Mill to the rescue once again! I turned all of that coal dust into Bedrockium Drums with the help of a Transfer Node, a few HV Packagers, and a SAG Mill.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

-crop-

As is not used for anything at the moment, maybe a possibility for later though.
I recommend making the Cobaltite into Cobalt Clusters, via thaumcraft. So that you get only Cobalt metal.
-crop-
From a practical standpoint (this came up in a recent thread discussion), I liked the suggestion someone posted, they said they were using the coal dusts as fuel to power some processing operations somewhere. That's probably the best idea but I don't have any conception of how or where I'd use coal dust as fuel - the only thing I know is you can power a vanilla furnace with it, but that doesn't help me out at all.
Well, I'm thinking about using my coal dust for the production of pyrotheum, but you could also use it for making gunpowder; to powderbarrels, a cheap extra way of using the ImpCompressor.