[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

One thing in this pack that, imo, feels kinda 'cheaty' is the paperbark trees from pam's harvestcraft... basically you only ever need to make one paper via the stone slabs recipe, then just create the paperbark sapling and you're set for free paper.

Reactions: targetingyou78
T

targetingyou78

On the contrary! If the machine has one maintenance problem, the cost of a 120 EU/t recipe is raised above 128 EU/t, requiring an additional MV amp. Installing the first coil upgrade partially cancels out the added cost of the maintenance problem, bringing the recipe cost back down below 128 EU/t. The coil upgrade acts as "insurance" against maintenance problems!
I didn't mean that the the 5% does not matter early on. I meant that being multiplicative vs additive early on doesn't matter xD. I was referring to 90% cost (additive) vs 90.25% (multiplicative). Basically the .25% difference in cost is not significant.

One thing in this pack that, imo, feels kinda 'cheaty' is the paperbark trees from pam's harvestcraft... basically you only ever need to make one paper via the stone slabs recipe, then just create the paperbark sapling and you're set for free paper.
Wow, I used multiple Pam's harvest craft recipes early on (for apples and different nuts for seed oil). I forgot about the paper tree one. xD That sure would have been nice.

Reactions: codewarrior0
U

UNG_God

On the contrary! If the machine has one maintenance problem, the cost of a 120 EU/t recipe is raised above 128 EU/t

where this info came from? when a machine have maintenance problems it takes more time to finish, using more power, the only thing that increase the power input is overclocking.

Correct. Each 1800 allows only one overclocking level without efficiency loss.

just dont forget it is the recipe that says if it is overclocked or not.

what for? paper isnt much used anyway. even you can get a ton of paper, only golem or drone tree farms are possible for that kind of tree, and that is far off.

Curse you Blood Aspen!!! you dont mess with a mans food! he nerfed my delicious canned food.

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
where this info came from? when a machine have maintenance problems it takes more time to finish, using more power, the only thing that increase the power input is overclocking.

Not sure if I've read it anywhere, but I can confirm that maintenance problems do require more eu/t, not just more eu overall. I've mistakenly only used 1 battery to buffer power to my EBF before while it had a maintenance problem and its stopped halfway through the process.

The changelog mentioned something about adjusted fluid nuclear reactors to be more in line with IC2 (or something along those lines). Does anybody know what changed? Is there more/less HU/t output now from reactors? Or more/less hot coolant output?

C

codewarrior0

Before the Soldering Iron was added, your first EBF always had one maintenance problem, which means to start it up for the first time required three LV Energy Hatches fed by five LV Generators. This is because the one maintenance problem increased the EU/t of the recipe, not its time to finish.

I can also cite the source code: in GT_MetaTileEntity_MultiBlockBase.onPostTick, the mEfficiency stat is computed from the machine's repair status (and the efficiency provided by turbine rotors, which we'll ignore for the moment). A fully repaired machine has 10,000 efficiency; with one problem, 9,000 efficiency, and so on. Later, in GT_MetaTileEntity_MultiBlockBase.onRunningTick, the mEfficiency stat is used to compute the machine's EU/t. The recipe's EU/t is multiplied by 10,000 and then divided by the mEfficiency stat. A fully repaired machine thus uses 10/10 of the recipe's EU/t; with one problem, it uses 10/9 of the EU/t, or an 11.1% increase. Two problems, 10/8, or a 25% increase. The effect is that each further problem increases EU/t by even more than the last one.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Before the Soldering Iron was added, your first EBF always had one maintenance problem, which means to start it up for the first time required three LV Energy Hatches fed by five LV Generators. This is because the one maintenance problem increased the EU/t of the recipe, not its time to finish.

I can also cite the source code: in GT_MetaTileEntity_MultiBlockBase.onPostTick, the mEfficiency stat is computed from the machine's repair status (and the efficiency provided by turbine rotors, which we'll ignore for the moment). A fully repaired machine has 10,000 efficiency; with one problem, 9,000 efficiency, and so on. Later, in GT_MetaTileEntity_MultiBlockBase.onRunningTick, the mEfficiency stat is used to compute the machine's EU/t. The recipe's EU/t is multiplied by 10,000 and then divided by the mEfficiency stat. A fully repaired machine thus uses 10/10 of the recipe's EU/t; with one problem, it uses 10/9 of the EU/t, or an 11.1% increase. Two problems, 10/8, or a 25% increase. The effect is that each further problem increases EU/t by even more than the last one.
My brain hurt >_< And yet, i remember those old days. :p

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Why does Big Reactors have to do the goofy 1:1 water to steam ratio?
Because no other RF-based mod is able to convert steam to water. BR was never meant to mix with Gregtech.

Heck, Big Reactors seems almost useless in this modpack, since you can't really use the RF for anything without converting it to EU through Pneumaticraft, and the fuel efficiency of BR was nerfed heavily to boot.

U

UNG_God

it was necessary to make the ebf mv tier with lv energy hatch, not because the power usage was higher. But i never give the exact amount of power, always had a little extra to avoid problems.

and that seems a dumb choice, making it consume more power intake than making it taking longer, as the result is the same but generate more trouble. I thought it made it work longer because that is what happens on the dissassembler. And is from those choice we have the copper burning box melting down neutronium crucibles in gt6.

Why does Big Reactors have to do the goofy 1:1 water to steam ratio?

because the mod author chose to, the water to steam is mean to be used on the turbine generator, that returns the same amount of water back, so a closed system is created, but here we cant make rf first, so we could get the material to make the turbine.

Heck, Big Reactors seems almost useless in this modpack, since you can't really use the RF for anything without converting it to EU through Pneumaticraft, and the fuel efficiency of BR was nerfed heavily to boot.

even with all that, it have it uses, since running quarries give a huge amount of the fuel for that, i just make it to burn that fuel and get some power from it.

thanks to Ulises Fogliani with a comment on YT, i was reminded of a good water source that can actually keep it. (extra utilities)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So my Advanced Miner II just blew up, vaporizing nearly the entire thing along with a Bedrockium Drum full of Drilling Fluid. Lovely. Explosions, yes okay, but vaporizing blocks? No, that's not right.

Anyhow, I'm curious what happened. I was alerted to the event by an achievement, I think it was "Electrical Problems" and when I moused-over it, I think it said I lost a machine due to "overvoltage"? Huh? The Miner had been working without any issues whatsoever up until this point. What I think occurred is that I ran out of Nitro Diesel fuel for my Diesel Generators. But why would that cause an "overvoltage"? Wouldn't loss of power be an undervoltage and not an overvoltage? And why would it cause the entire freakin thing to blow to smithereens? Shouldn't the machine simply stop working if it runs out of power? Aggravating for sure. Especially when I don't understand what just happened. Please explain, and thanks.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So my Advanced Miner II just blew up, vaporizing nearly the entire thing along with a Bedrockium Drum full of Drilling Fluid. Lovely. Explosions, yes okay, but vaporizing blocks? No, that's not right.

Anyhow, I'm curious what happened. I was alerted to the event by an achievement, I think it was "Electrical Problems" and when I moused-over it, I think it said I lost a machine due to "overvoltage"? Huh? The Miner had been working without any issues whatsoever up until this point. What I think occurred is that I ran out of Nitro Diesel fuel for my Diesel Generators. But why would that cause an "overvoltage"? Wouldn't loss of power be an undervoltage and not an overvoltage? And why would it cause the entire freakin thing to blow to smithereens? Shouldn't the machine simply stop working if it runs out of power? Aggravating for sure. Especially when I don't understand what just happened. Please explain, and thanks.
Could it have rain on your machines electrical part?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Could it have rain on your machines electrical part?

I meant to put that into my post, silly me. Yes, I had a cobblestone cover over the Miner that is 5x5 so it extends one block farther than the 3x3 footprint. It wasn't due to rain, trust me. The reason I knew it had blown up was because I was playing another game with FTB running in the background, and I got the sound effect for an Achievement... "Well that's odd", I thought to myself - why would an achievement pop up when I am idling? LOL I knew right away it wasn't a good thing. The server operator is restoring a backup file for me, so I can't go confirm, but I distinctly recall the achievement being for "overvoltage" which makes zero sense to me. How exactly did the Miner get overvoltaged if all I did was run out of Nitro Diesel fuel for it?

Edit: Hmmm, I think my two HV Diesel Generators powering the Miner are at the very edge of the 5x5 cover. Do Diesel Generators blow up if they get rain on them? Maybe that's what happened? Just to be safe I'll extend the rain shield an extra few blocks when the server comes back up.

And not that it matters to anybody... but I think if it were my server, the one change I would make is to turn off that "machines explode in the rain" thing. I'm all for hard-mode, but come on...

Last edited:
T

targetingyou78

Bug: Has there been a change in the recipe to get Titaniumtetrachloride? I seem to recall it requiring chlorine. Currently it does not require chlorine, just Carbon and Rutile.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Bug: Has there been a change in the recipe to get Titaniumtetrachloride? I seem to recall it requiring chlorine. Currently it does not require chlorine, just Carbon and Rutile.
No. Someone (BloodAsp) messed up the code (or forgot to change a code with changed Chlorine state). So enjoy the not needing chlorine for anything. However.... I am not sure if it will be craftable, because It might still look for the liquid chlorine, instead of gas chlorine as it is now. When Blood will get a fix out, I will make a pack update, even if it will be the only thing that it fixes.

T

targetingyou78

No. Someone (BloodAsp) messed up the code (or forgot to change a code with changed Chlorine state). So enjoy the not needing chlorine for anything. However.... I am not sure if it will be craftable, because It might still look for the liquid chlorine, instead of gas chlorine as it is now. When Blood will get a fix out, I will make a pack update, even if it will be the only thing that it fixes.
I posted a bug on the GT5u forum as well telling bloody about the messed up recipes. Also, the recipes still work without chlorine.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Based on my comment about not understanding English all the time. What I understand here if I read between the lines: Whenever something is wrong, let's blame @Blood Asp . It's easy, it's simple and it work. :p

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, and what a coincidence, when my Advanced Miner II blew up this morning, I had just set it up directly over a Bauxite vein, so I could make Titanium, so I could make the Large Diesel Generator. Who's blaming anybody? Shouldn't we be thanking them instead? :)

I suppose an "honest" minecrafter would convert the normally-required chlorine, convert it into an eqivalent number of salt ore blocks, go mine that salt and throw it in the trash. But then again... everything really converts down, ultimately, to a "time cost"... so pretty sure I'm not gonna be as honest as I just wrote about. LOL

T

targetingyou78

Yay, and what a coincidence, when my Advanced Miner II blew up this morning, I had just set it up directly over a Bauxite vein, so I could make Titanium, so I could make the Large Diesel Generator. Who's blaming anybody? Shouldn't we be thanking them instead? :)

I suppose an "honest" minecrafter would convert the normally-required chlorine, convert it into an eqivalent number of salt ore blocks, go mine that salt and throw it in the trash. But then again... everything really converts down, ultimately, to a "time cost"... so pretty sure I'm not gonna be as honest as I just wrote about. LOL
I spent this morning mining for Rock Salt and turning it into Chlorine. I'm filling a barrel full of all the chlorine I should have been using and I'm going to delete it after xD

Reactions: asb3pe