Closed 1.0.2: Infinity - Exception generating new chunk

Thranx

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Server crashes/closes gracefully, crash logs report Exception generating new chunk. (see paste) This is occurring multiple times daily (4 times today between 9am PST and 2pm PST).

World was initially genned in 1.0.1, is currently running 1.0.2

Mod & Version:
FTB Infinity 1.0.2

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/415f3d6f

Can it be repeated:
It is repeating, but unable to intentionally cause the failure.

Known Fix:
None.

Thranx

Jul 29, 2019
This issue persists in 1.10

We are able to consistantly reproduce it by entering a flowered fields biome. I don't know the specific name, my players simply have described it as a field that's just completely flowers, but isn't the biome with the flower shaped tree-like structures.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I'm assuming this is in an RFTools dimension? Can you give me the information about that dimension? i.e. with the dimension tab in hand. Shift-right click and give me what it tells you.

Thranx

Jul 29, 2019
It happens in the overworld as well. That's actually the primary place we get the fault, but we did get it twice of our RFTools dimensions yesterday as well.

#m188,#L254,T409,s365,M340,e429,f418,S399,d178,d179
Digits: 01
Terrain: TERRAIN_NORMAL
Baseblock: Stone
Base fluid: Water
Biome controlelr: CONTROLLER_DEFAULT
Feature: FEATURE_NON
Structure: STRUCTURE_NONE
Sun brightness: 1.0
Star Brightness: 1.0
Sky color: 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
Fog color: 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
Time speed: 2.0

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
If that happens in the overworld then that's really weird as that code should only be used for generating RFTools dimensions. I also notice that the crash also involves MultiParts somehow. I'm wondering if there is perhaps a bad interaction between that and RFTools. Do you make heavy use of multiparts? Perhaps in the RFTools dimension? Just at the moment trying to gather as much information as possible about this as I cannot unfortunatelly reproduce this problem myself.

Thranx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm more than happy to send you the entire build and 2 approximate locations where we get the issue consistently. It's big tho. :-/ around 8gb zipped.

In case it helps, here's the crash from about 3 minutes ago. http://pastebin.com/F1Sbb3GG

Thranx

Jul 29, 2019
an on your multipart questions... I'm unsure what mods leverage that. It's not a mod itself I assume. We have around 15 people on a daily basis... so safe to say nearly everything in the mod pack is used in some way.

Swiegetank

Jul 29, 2019
MiYgyVV.jpg

Sounds like you are having issues with the BOP biome "Flower Field" (as seen in image). I haven't had any issues with it in worlds created with 1.01 or 1.02, but thats servers for ya.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
That's a strange looking biome. What is it called and from what mod is it? You can use F3 to see the name of the biome.

And those 2 locations are not in an RFTools dimension? Is an RFTools dimension chunloaded perhaps?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I'm gathering some help with this. Mostly finding people who can also reproduce this so we can find the pattern and from that hopefully a solution.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok, I have been trying very hard to reproduce this myself. I made a custom infinity server. Create a few worlds with only that biome in it. Nothing. I couldn't get it to crash. I did this with Infinity 1.1.0.

Are there other people who get similar crashes? Perhaps the biome is just coincidence and it is something else that is casuing it.

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Im guessing your creating chunks as you explore? I had a problem with pre generating world with ServerTools, vanilla biomes dont have any trees/flowers or anything living on them. I saw similar looking errors in log after the generation was done. So there is something fishy on chunk generation sometimes...

Thranx

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I'm leaning more towards it occurring on chunk generation as opposed to being a specific chunk. It may be because those same 3-4 people in the row were in that biome at the end of the world.

Again, I can send you my world..., I'll just zip up the whole thing.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yea, I'm leaning more towards it occurring on chunk generation as opposed to being a specific chunk. It may be because those same 3-4 people in the row were in that biome at the end of the world.

Again, I can send you my world..., I'll just zip up the whole thing.

Yes, maybe that will be the only solution to reproduce this.

Thranx

Jul 29, 2019
I'll roll the 1.20 update and see if it's still occurring (no real reason to think it's fixed) and then package it up.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Getting the same error on my molten lead deep ocean dimension, can't generate ANY new chunks there. (SP)

http://pastebin.com/jaqe6Mqy

can reproduce very easily

Ok, this seems something else. This can have something to do with molten lead not being suitable for world placement. Not sure. Will have to look into this. If molten lead is the problem then I can probably add it to the blacklist.

kroom

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this seems something else. This can have something to do with molten lead not being suitable for world placement. Not sure. Will have to look into this. If molten lead is the problem then I can probably add it to the blacklist.
It worked fine for a while, had an ender-thermic pump and casting basins in there for a few days. Went to move the pump closer to the liquid and then got the crash.

Just created the same dimension again with digit 0 and its working again, can load new chunks no problem.