[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Forget the Thermalilys, they were nerfed into uselessness. I had a setup with 55 of those (! That was before the Botania recipes got much more expensive) to power some orchids. They produced not even half as much mana as a 24 Endoflame setup that I used before. And they produce now their mana in bursts with a long cooldown, which makes them even crappier when you need a continuous mana supply.
Thats totally not me now :p

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Thats totally not me now :p
Yeah the botania mod dev is constantly trying to balance the flower output. He did the same thing with the water ones a while back.

They seemed to matter to someone since this entire thing was started from me saying that I prefer not to cheat and that I recommended a way to make the time spent not cheating go by easier.
Maybe he was offended by you saying he was cheating? I was pointing out that your opinion on what is or isn't cheating doesn't matter, because it's factually incorrect. Go look up the definition of cheating.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe he was offended by you saying he was cheating? I was pointing out that your opinion on what is or isn't cheating doesn't matter, because it's factually incorrect. Go look up the definition of cheating.
Again, it was started by my opinion of it being cheating, if someone is offended by it then it matters to him.

Whether or not you feel something is cheating is totally fine, go ahead and spawn in stuff from creative mode or use keepinventory if you don't think stuff like that is cheating, that is your prerogative.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Again, it was started by my opinion of it being cheating, if someone is offended by it then it matters to him.

Whether or not you feel something is cheating is totally fine, go ahead and spawn in stuff from creative mode or use keepinventory if you don't think stuff like that is cheating, that is your prerogative.
Yes it may have mattered to him, which is why I felt it was necessary to remind him that your opinion is factually wrong and not important. Move on dude

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it may have mattered to him, which is why I felt it was necessary to remind him that your opinion is factually wrong and not important. Move on dude
Again, if you don't think stuff like that is cheating, that is your prerogative.
I just don't see the point of playing a game if you are going to skip through the challenges.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Again, if you don't think stuff like that is cheating, that is your prerogative.
I just don't see the point of playing a game if you are going to skip through the challenges.
Just to kind of chime in here it isn't really challenge it's grind which is completely different...

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Managing to grind that much is a challenge.
Grinding a lot can get boring.
It can be boring so people use methods, like veinminer, to lessen the boredom. boredom is kinda the opposite of fun so by using these methods they cn get past the boring super grindy obnoxious stuff to get to what makes a good pack a good pack.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
It can be boring so people use methods, like veinminer, to lessen the boredom. boredom is kinda the opposite of fun so by using these methods they cn get past the boring super grindy obnoxious stuff to get to what makes a good pack a good pack.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
o_O just woke up (8am here). Meh the veinminer thingy is just a tool, not a hack like xrays and kill auras. I respect any opinion regarding about it so just drop any debate regarding should it be used or not. Do whatever and enjoy the pack. :)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
o_O just woke up (8am here). Meh the veinminer thingy is just a tool, not a hack like xrays and kill auras. I respect any opinion regarding about it so just drop any debate regarding should it be used or not. Do whatever and enjoy the pack. :)
I think that that was what I was saying?

See? I said it there.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
See? I said it there.

I should have my coffee first before turning on my pc.
PcPTrlo.gif

Reactions: Crittenden2

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I think that that was what I was saying?

See? I said it there.
Rather backhandedly I might add, considering how many times you say the word "cheating" in that sentence. You do understand how the english language works right? Or language in general? The purpose of language is to communicate meaning through the use of words, and when you infuse your "opinion" on what those words mean that is incorrect to the actual definition of the word, then you create confusion and possibly misinterpreted meanings. The definition of the word cheating as it pertains to games is "To violate rules deliberately." Tell me what rules are being violated to denote that anyone is "cheating" by playing the game different than how you play it? Get off your high horse. The way you play this game is not the only way, and all other ways of playing it are not considered "cheating."

Last edited:

Forerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

I just downloaded this mudpack today and I used the recommended setting in the FTB Launcher. When I clicked on multiplayer there were 2 options: EZCore and HardCore. I chose EZCore being the noob that I am. When the world finally loaded I started in a basement next to a Spatial Port and a chest in the middle with beginning supplies. Although the reason I downloaded this was because ChimneySwift11 started playing not too long ago, and in his video he spawns in a totally different looking basement and while he was able to find the sapling storage grower easy I can't find the machine he used. I also teleported to the coords 95 55 1026 and ended up underground drowning in lava? Would just like for a normal start. Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

-Forerunner​

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
The definition of the word cheating as it pertains to games is "To violate rules deliberately." Tell me what rules are being violated to denote that anyone is "cheating" by playing the game different than how you play it? Get off your high horse. The way you play this game is not the only way, and all other ways of playing it are not considered "cheating."

The "rules" of a video game are the bounds of the game itself. It's not a card game or board game, there is no list of rules, because the game itself restricts your actions to fall into intended gameplay, rather than you or the people you play with having to enforce them on yourselves. Breaking the limits imposed by a game is breaking the "rules" of that game, it's cheating, by your own definition. It's like using a gameshark to give yourself infinite ammo in a singleplayer game, it may seem innocent to you, it may not effect anyone else, but it's still cheating and a gameshark is still a cheat device.

Hello.

I just downloaded this mudpack today and I used the recommended setting in the FTB Launcher. When I clicked on multiplayer there were 2 options: EZCore and HardCore. I chose EZCore being the noob that I am. When the world finally loaded I started in a basement next to a Spatial Port and a chest in the middle with beginning supplies. Although the reason I downloaded this was because ChimneySwift11 started playing not too long ago, and in his video he spawns in a totally different looking basement and while he was able to find the sapling storage grower easy I can't find the machine he used. I also teleported to the coords 95 55 1026 and ended up underground drowning in lava? Would just like for a normal start. Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

-Forerunner​

The map has been updated since then. You spawned in the correct location originally.

Forerunner

Jul 29, 2019
The "rules" of a video game are the bounds of the game itself. It's not a card game or board game, there is no list of rules, because the game itself restricts your actions to fall into intended gameplay, rather than you or the people you play with having to enforce them on yourselves. Breaking the limits imposed by a game is breaking the "rules" of that game, it's cheating, by your own definition. It's like using a gameshark to give yourself infinite ammo in a singleplayer game, it may seem innocent to you, it may not effect anyone else, but it's still cheating and a gameshark is still a cheat device.

The map has been updated since then. You spawned in the correct location originally.
Ok thanks so much!

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019

By your definition, every single mod out there is a cheat. By that very definition, the whole mod pack itself is a cheat, because it doesn't fall into the intended game play of the unmodified minecraft. (Consider how much better TiCon tools are over vanilla tools. Are those considered "cheating"?) I think you are generalizing the idea of what a "rule" is to fit your stance. Just because he decides to add different mods into this pack to fit his play style does not mean he is in any way "cheating". Minecraft is not a console game, especially once you start playing mod packs. You can't compare it to one.

Last edited: