AE2 ME Interface or Export bus for Ore processing ???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I just noticed the Export buses only have 1 slot if we don't add some upgrades to them, is it possible to use ME interface (on top of Ender IO or Thermal Expansion machines) for Ore Processing instead without using some kind of auto-crafting, pretty sure I saw DW20 do it but I've searched through his episodes and it doesn't seem to be there, I know we can use them to make the system auto-craft certain items that require a machine (did it in the past in 1.6.4 modpacks), but is there a way to make the ME Interface work as a Export Bus, that would save me a lot of resources since even with all upgrades, the Export buses only have 9 slots, which isn't enough. Would really appreciate help here...

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
as ender io machines can pull from a inventory they should be able to pull from a interface if the filter is set to hold the items in the interface but your still limited by the number of filter slots on a interface

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well interfaces also have just 9 slots.
What you could do is use a storage bus - it can have much more slots. Make sure that you set it to a higher priority than your drives and that the inventory it is connected to always has free space (so put it against a buffer chest and pump the items from there into the machines).

Else, there's always the option to use multiple export buses.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
How many different ores do you have to process? :eek:

Seriously, I'm not 100% sure of how many variations I have, problem is I took the Utopia3 Age Of Adventures as a base, but there's not so much left of it since I added all the tech mods (ender IO, AE2, Thermal Expansion, Minefactory Reloaded) this modpack at base has the Metallurgy 4 in it so there's a lot of different ores in it, problem is all have their version of copper, silver, tin, lead and such, I think I'll have to fix it using the MFR Unifier but I'm not sure how I will do the setup exactly, I plan on using 3 Sag Mill (same thing as Pulverizer but with some bonus) and 3 Alloy Furnace in Furnace only mode but I may use a Redstone Furnace, not clear at this time yet.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a fuzzy card. Then it will not distinguish between different types of copper ore, tin ore etc.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
or branch off the import of the ores before they get imported into the network

You can also save the channels by putting an (empty) interface on the main net and a storage bus on that from a subnet. then the subnet can see everything in the main net

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Do they still exist, didn't see the Fuzzy Export Bus in the list, I was sure it was gone to never be seen again, so I need a card for this, will probably solve a lot of head banging for tomorrow, now I need to go to sleep, its 2h40am here.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Do they still exist, didn't see the Fuzzy Export Bus in the list, I was sure it was gone to never be seen again, so I need a card for this
Yup, there's only one variant of import/export buses in AE2. The additional functionality (redstone control, crafting, fuzzy, making it faster, more slots) comes from the cards.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Would really appreciate help here...
What I think works fairly well, is to process all ores directly as they arrive from the quarry tesseract / input chest. So you never import ores in the AE system, instead you use Ender IO conduits to route the resources, and simply pipe the finished ingots (or items that doesn't need processing) into a single AE2 interface.

If you need multiple item filters (10 filter settings per connection is max with Ender IO advanced filters), just use a buffer chest so you get 6 sides to work with. Ender IO also has the mod filter, which may be helpful if all Metallurgy 4 things should go to the same place.

Reactions: RJS

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I have a stack of each ingot in a interface. So when im low on ingotes the system will autocraft what I need. I dont need to have 4342342k of iron ingots if I dont need them.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I have a stack of each ingot in a interface. So when im low on ingotes the system will autocraft what I need. I dont need to have 4342342k of iron ingots if I dont need them.

Isn´t it really the same in terms of storage? Sure ores do not need that much storage space then the ingots but this should not be a problem if we are looking to a late game solution.

The processing is actually even more complex. Because you have to setup a interface for each ingot. If you process all ore, you just have to filter all ores in 2 conduit filters and you can easily see in your system if you forgot one if you search for “ore” since there should not be any ore in your system.

That was what made me to process all ores at the end. Because in general I´m ok with your mindset of not needing thousands of Ingots of each type. But it’s just more complicated than to process it all.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I dont need to have 4342342k of iron ingots if I dont need them.
I usually end up with a wall of around 25 deep storage units with AE2 storage buses, having replaced Jabba barrels with them as I go. Then it doesn't really matter if I have one iron ingot, or a billion. The storage space needed is the same I mean.

I think there are two distinct philosophies/approaches to the game here: Those that enjoy keeping things a bit more "minimalist" and maximize efficiency wherever they can, and on the other hand those who basically just want to maximize. :)

There is one (at least) benefit of keeping the ores though, and that is that you can use them with later game ore processing which have higher yields. I've found that I usually end up staying at 3x however, which can be obtained fairly early.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all your inputs, I think my best trick will be to export all ores since they are already in the system, I want to have only 1 import chest (ender storage power with a Ender Pouch I can go mining and never come back, just unload in the Ender Pouch and everything goes in the system, now it will even be processed while I mine, I plan on a Ender Quarry in the Deep Dark later but for now I enjoy mining with a Tinkers Construct Hammer, Night Vision from my Dark Steel Helmet from Ender IO and I'm gone for hours of mining.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
for now I enjoy mining with a Tinkers Construct Hammer, Night Vision from my Dark Steel Helmet from Ender IO and I'm gone for hours of mining.

Whats wrong with you?! How can you enjoy manual mining... I will let you know next time I start a new worl and supplie you with the tools so you can enjoy mining for me :)

Reactions: Kikaha

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Whats wrong with you?! How can you enjoy manual mining... I will let you know next time I start a new worl and supplie you with the tools so you can enjoy mining for me :)

Maybe that's because the name of the game is Minecraft, there's nothing that can replace Mining for me, I encounter caves and explore them and find all the resources they can hide such as XP Berry bushes and such

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Actually, I think you may be looking at the problem backwards. Or maybe I'm looking at the problem backwards, perspective is always a pain to objectify.

You're wanting to filter x items from your AE network to your ore processing system, yes? With x being a possibly large number of items, most likely greater than 9.

So, I have a question for you: Why do the ores need to hit your ME Network in the first place?

Let's take, for example, using some sort of ore mining facility or just your drop-off point for manually mining ores. Typically, it's an EnderChest, assuming that mod is available, but it can be anything, but it is the place the ores are outputted to BEFORE they hit your AE network. With me?

Ores don't go into the ME Network. Ores are separately shuffled elsewhere. There's a couple of ways to do this. The easiest would be using EnderIO using an advanced filter so that all items from mod (thermal foundation) go to your ore processing facility instead of going to your ME Network. Then you can get as low tech as a hopper with a chest on it feeding into the system. If you have ores from other mods, they can be individually included elsewhere. I know that Refined Relocation can be used to filter ore* so that all items that are an ore are filtered.

The system I am currently using takes advantage of EnderIO to run ores to my ore processing plant, silk-touch ores to their respective plants, dirt/cobble/gravel/sand to their respective barrels, and everything else to the ME Network. So instead of having an Import Bus on your ender-chest, let EnderIO do some of the sorting for you.

tl;dr: filter your ores before they hit your ME Network.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Great idea here, I may do this and filter the stuff before they hit the AE Network, problem is I have a ongoing massive cobble production at the moment, so that would be a little bit tricky to setup, but I think its a really nice idea, problem is, I would need more than 1 advanced filter on the Ender chest so which one as priority in Ender IO, I'm not sure exactly with this, I mean, I have ores to filter out and the rest can go in the AE directly, so will Ender IO Item filters conflict with the AE Import bus on the same chest, which one will grab the items first, I guess it could be a challenge there.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Great idea here, I may do this and filter the stuff before they hit the AE Network, problem is I have a ongoing massive cobble production at the moment, so that would be a little bit tricky to setup, but I think its a really nice idea, problem is, I would need more than 1 advanced filter on the Ender chest so which one as priority in Ender IO, I'm not sure exactly with this, I mean, I have ores to filter out and the rest can go in the AE directly, so will Ender IO Item filters conflict with the AE Import bus on the same chest, which one will grab the items first, I guess it could be a challenge there.
You can do input as well as output filters. So instead of having to filter everything at the EnderChest, you have each destination whitelisted for items, and the ME network is the lower priority default route. So your ore processing has a whitelist for ores, your barrels don't need any filtering, they just get automatically sorted because the only thing that can go in them are things already in them, and everything else to ME Network by feeding into an Interface.

DW20 used EnderIO to make an early sorting system before he got into AE2 on his latest SSP LP series. Check it out.