AE2 ME Interface or Export bus for Ore processing ???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Thanks, I saw DW20 do his first sorting system and ore processing but I can't figure out the rest to get the system to get the stuff in the AE Network, I'm 100% sure its a piece of cake and I'm just blind by something at the moment, you know when the solution is easy but you only figure it out after 3hrs of head banging on the walls and you're ashamed of yourself once you find out the solution is so easy. If you have any kind of tutorials on video, I'M more visual so perhaps seeing it would help, I already know the EnderIO part, the trick is to be able to put everything into the Ender Pouch while mining and the ores are processed then goes in AE Network, and all the rest of it goes straight in the AE Network, cobble is auto-compressed by the AE system at the moment.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Thanks, I saw DW20 do his first sorting system and ore processing but I can't figure out the rest to get the system to get the stuff in the AE Network, I'm 100% sure its a piece of cake and I'm just blind by something at the moment, you know when the solution is easy but you only figure it out after 3hrs of head banging on the walls and you're ashamed of yourself once you find out the solution is so easy. If you have any kind of tutorials on video, I'M more visual so perhaps seeing it would help, I already know the EnderIO part, the trick is to be able to put everything into the Ender Pouch while mining and the ores are processed then goes in AE Network, and all the rest of it goes straight in the AE Network, cobble is auto-compressed by the AE system at the moment.

Instead of having the 'input' EnderChest that your quarry/EnderPouch feeds into be directly connected to an Input Bus, it attaches to an EnderIO conduit set to pull. Your ore refining facility is one output of the EnderConduit, set to high priority, and set to whitelist ores. The other goes to your ME Network by outputting to an ME Interface (no bus necessary). The output from the ore processing facility loops back and because the only viable destination is the ME Interface the rest of your stuff from the quarry dumps into, the output automatically goes into your ME Network.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Got it solved I think, 4 export buses on 4 sag mills with the appropriate cards with fuzzy upgrade should do the trick, the stuff is pulled out of them automatically to an alloy smelter that sit on the side set to furnace mode only, then stuff is pulled out of them by item conduits to the original ender chest which then stores the items into the AE Network again, I may choose to have a buffer chest for all the ores before the ore processing and use item conduits to get the stuff into the sag mills and the ME Export Buses into that buffer chest instead but I don't think I'll see any benefits from this, maybe some acceleration cards in the only upgrade slot left in the export buses could help out to speed things up, but since the sag mills and alloy furnaces are slow even with octadic capacitors in each of them, I don't think it would go faster anyways, only the buffer chest would be filled up faster maybe, only thing that could be helpful is that I could distribute some Dark Steel balls more evenly than with the export buses using the enderio conduit and use a round robin method which doesn't seem to exist for AE export buses, or I need an upgrade card that I didn't check for this.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Just to add to this experience, you need buffer chests in two steps if you want to max the output you can get from the sag mills secondary slots, I had to have 1 buffer chest for the ores to go before processing which will also content the dark steel balls for the sag mills, I use 4 export buses on this chest to get the ores from the AE Network, then I use Item Conduits from Ender IO set to round robin mode to distribute the Ores into the sag mills, it also distribute the dark steel balls when available into the sag mills, this way I'm sure its evenly distributed in each sag mills, then the processed dusts and other resources (at the moment the only other resource I saw was cobblestone that get cooked into stone but that's fine, who never need smooth stones anyways) go in a secondary buffer chest again with Ender IO Item Conduits, then this secondary buffer chest with dusts in it is again distributed evenly with Ender IO Item Conduits to 4 Alloy Smelters set to Furnace Only, after that it goes to the ender chest with again Ender IO Item conduits, those things are awesome and save a lot of channels on the network.

Artea

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of either, try an ME storage bus with a few capacity cards hooked up to a buffer chest. A total of 42 Separate ores can be entered. Make sure to have it set to a higher priority than your ME Drives and set the mode to insert only to hide the chest contents from your terminals. Draw the ores out of the chest into one or more overclocked pulverisers and you're set. If you have trouble emptying the chest fast enough, throw in 3-4 speed upgrades to the extraction item conduit.
cFn7siI.jpg

Last edited:

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I may take a look at this solution, didn't know this one existed, but the one I have currently works fine, but if this can reduce the number of channels used, I'll be sure to check it out soon.