Closed 1.0.2: Emerald Ores don't generate in the Overworld

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Version:

What is the bug:
After looking through the configs I noticed that Emerald Ores are not set to generate in Vanilla.json. If it is intended to get Emeralds in another way then this can be closed as solved. However, if Emerald ores are supposed to generate in the Overworld then they need to be added to the cofh configs.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:
Add Emerald Ore generation to Vanilla.json

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure this is not an actual bug, as I have indeed found emerald ore, albeit in version 1.0.1 where there is also no emerald in the vanilla json file, so both of you are just really unlucky or not digging at the correct height.

James dore

Jul 29, 2019
U can search where the best y level to mine at for a ore if u click on the ore itself then scroll the the pages

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure this is not an actual bug, as I have indeed found emerald ore, albeit in version 1.0.1 where there is also no emerald in the vanilla json file, so both of you are just really unlucky or not digging at the correct height.

My guess is that anyone who started their worlds in v1.0.0 or v1.0.1 are not affected by this bug, because our emerald ores were already "locked in place" (at least for chunks that were explored prior to updating to v1.0.2).

There's another report of this bug in the General Chat Forum - http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...lp-venting-and-discussion-thread.64443/page-2

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Well, if people are finding it using Vanilla rules then this bug report should probably be closed

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I have found plenty of emeralds in the Mountain biome I am living in on the FTB Team Server.