Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I would consider your name well-known (mine is too, because of StopModReposts). But yeah, people seem to dislike people defending themselves.

This is why victim-blaming is still a thing. Its like when kids are suspended from school because they had the audacity to give poor little Billy Bully a black eye when the latter was trying break the former's nose. Too many effing cowards in this world spreading their cowardly drivel, I swear...

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
People generally don't like it when they can't have something their way.
Combine that with a general sense of self entitlement and the I'm right, therefore you're wrong philosophy.

Though in all honesty, its just common decency to ask/notify the author before you include their work.
Open communication is a necessity; simply because it makes technical issues [bugs/exploits] a hell of a lot easier to deal with, and if the packs popular the author won't get spammed out with [near] identical bug reports.

But then again, Curse rewards you for using their bandwidth.
BrB- building a massively inefficient texturepack which contains a lot of extra images/audio files to bump up the filesize.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Then again, if some mod doesn't have blanket permission then many pack makers will not bother to ask and either just skip it or include it illegally.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Skipping isn't really an issue.
Its the pack dev's decision to/not include a mod.
Though it is making the decision for the wrong reason, if they can't be bothered to put in the effort then what will the rest of the pack be like?
(The other potential issue is people out and out copying another mod's function then saying yes to packs)

Reactions: CoolSquid

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Spigot User said:
I DO MY SERVER BUT WHEN I CHANGE IP FROM XX.XXX.XXX.XXX MY FRIENDS TO CANT CONNECT AND I PUT SERVER.DOMAIN.ORG WHEN I USE START SERVER IT CLOSE PLZ HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I never said the code was copied.
More something written from scratch to provide a [near] identical function
I don't see a problem with this if the mod disallows distribution. As long as no code and no assets are copied of course. It's a means to get freedom to people.
Sure, it'll probably cause drama, and it doesn't seem to happen often.
I admit that it is kinda a dick move if the functionality is really copied 1:1.

Reactions: Padfoote

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
The hard part is working out the intent of the second modder;
Was it made for the right reasons (which is normally fine), or is someone doing it to override the original permissions [or something equally malicious]. The latter means significantly less creative freedom and design integrity, where's the former has potential to drive evolution and creation as long as it isn't drowned in toxic bickering and power creep.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
1FDqWTz.jpg

Is it just me or is the ftb team really unpopular?

Sent from: uhhh what even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.