Disapointment with infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

djrajir

Jul 29, 2019
First let me start off by saying that I have a lot of respect for the FTB team, you guys have done great work in the past and I enjoy many of the packs and maps made by you.

That said, I had high hopes after reading the post about the inclusion of "Kitchen Sink" packs. Then we come to infinity and I feel let down. Sure it has a lot of mods in it, including all the staple mods; However, it is still lacking in a lot of areas. One of the main things I had hoped would make it in is more tech based mods that focus less on ore processing and more on building. PneumaticCraft alone would have been a big improvement. I'm not sure if this is all the FTB teams fault or if mod authors play a role here as well. I think a good portion of this is on the shoulders of mod authors for there not being a lot of mods that do these sort of things, and of course there is the issue of permissions. (Also before people come in and say that I should look at Resurrection, I have and it share the same issue though to a lesser extent. Also its built around gregtech which is a mod that you either love or hate)

All in all, I am happy with the direction the team is heading with the returned inclusions of "Kitchen Sink" packs. I just wanted to express my opinion on the current packs, in hopes to give the team so ideas of types of mods to add.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, is Pneumaticraft all you can come up with? Not that it really matters to me because I choose my own mods, but the Infinity mod list looks fine to me. No Mekanism though, whats up with that nonsense?! But I guess it would be too way hard to add a couple mods, so I will just complain about it instead. Damn you FTB team, y no mekanism? Damn you all to hell!

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB guys seem to have a deep seated aversion to it and all the old UE mods. Except for MFFS for whatever reason. Probably because it was just too cool to ignore.

Reactions: Golrith

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's only v1.0, give it some time and perhaps some mods will be added.
and you always have the option of adding mods youself if the modlist doesn't suit your taste, though I try to play the pack as how it's released, otherwise I'd make things too easy for myself

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing mod packs like this 6 months ago, nothing new to play here.

Come on jaded where's your packs .... itching!!

Reactions: RedBoss

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am just very surprised that we have now gotten two of these large all-round packs from the main FTB team. They were very insistent on that was absolutely not going to happen in 1.7 some months ago. But think it is great as I (as I also mentioned back then) really believe this is what the main group of players is looking for.

Personally I think I am going to wait for something like TPPI2 however. There appeared from a gameplay experience to be a world of difference between effort put into say Monster and TPPI in 1.6.

djrajir

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I noticed that Railcraft, Buildcraft, Forestry, Big Reactors, Project Red, and Steves Carts are heavily focussed on ore processing and do not encourage building large, complex systems which require a bit of forward thinking and ingenuity to put together.

True they do more than process ore, but I think you missed my point. I am referring to tech mods that specifically add things for building. (i.e. Lifts, Elevators, Electronic Doors and so on)

Lol, is Pneumaticraft all you can come up with? Not that it really matters to me because I choose my own mods, but the Infinity mod list looks fine to me. No Mekanism though, whats up with that nonsense?! But I guess it would be too way hard to add a couple mods, so I will just complain about it instead. Damn you FTB team, y no mekanism? Damn you all to hell!

I could come up with a whole list but to make sure I didn't post a huge list of mods I simply named one. Also I am well aware who easy it is to add/remove mods; However, that is only useful for a solo game play experience because modifying a pack like this can harm a servers player base.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing mod packs like this 6 months ago, nothing new to play here.

Come on jaded where's your packs .... itching!!

I agree FTB are way to late to the party here, there are far better and more established kitchen sink packs out there, that have had 6 months or more of work put into them.
Feels to me like it got to the point where after almost a year of 1.7 and constant "the packs are just around the corner posts", it got to the point where they had to release something so they chucked this out of the door.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Not too bothered by the selection. However, after mining up a ton of silver and thinking "time for some mirrors" I was rather surprised by the absence of Factorization.

The hell kind of FTB kitchen sink is missing Factorization?