Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
All done before my 14th birthday, and all written in entirety by me.
A good testimony to skill, but when I can do the same thing in a much better language much more efficiently (in terms of lines of code). Why bother writing the C ;)
After you understand the C of course

And here is the python
Code:
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
import time

GPIO.setwarnings(False)
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM)
GPIO.setup(4, GPIO.OUT)

state = True

while True:
 GPIO.output(4,True)
 time.sleep(1)
 GPIO.output(4,False)
 time.sleep(1)
That is ofc for a 1 second blinking LED, but you could do ever smaller.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
After you understand the C of course

And here is the python
Code:
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
import time

GPIO.setwarnings(False)
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM)
GPIO.setup(4, GPIO.OUT)

state = True

while True:
 GPIO.output(4,True)
 time.sleep(1)
 GPIO.output(4,False)
 time.sleep(1)
That is ofc for a 1 second blinking LED, but you could do ever smaller.
While True!? What kinda stupid Pythonic capitalisation is this!? It should be "true"!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Odd, it never did when I was using it, but that was two+ years ago in version 2.6. And it was the second coding language I learned, after Arduino.
bool inherits from int with the values 1 and 0. Kinda like how some languages don't even have bools, but use 1 and 0 for everything

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
More like 0 = false, everthing else = true
due to the assembly instruction jz (jump if zero)

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
And that's what's wrong with today's generation...

BCA ALERT: Biased Content Ahead
Well, minus PC and Retro-type Nintendo gamers, they seem to be more well-grounded than say, XBOX or Mobile gamers/snapchaters/whatevzers. (Not including Playstation as they go either way usually.)
I do Nintendo AND Xbox. Granted, I have 2 games on my 360, and they were Christmas presents (alongside the 360), but still...I know where you're coming from. I looked up the MKX trailer on YT, and the comment section was just, I'm sorry, I can't...*quietly sobs*

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I do Nintendo AND Xbox. Granted, I have 2 games on my 360, and they were Christmas presents (alongside the 360), but still...I know where you're coming from. I looked up the MKX trailer on YT, and the comment section was just, I'm sorry, I can't...*quietly sobs*
I was meaning people who main XBOX, plus it was more of a generalization based on the people I've met throughout my life than anything.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
i do know one mod dev that has added his own security manager
A certain modder is using his time making me look like an idiot to other modders. The so called mod with a security manager was a standalone program, not related to MC at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.