Botania- Looking for midgame setup

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing in the Mage Quest modpack, meaning I have no access to tech mods. But I am looking for ways to ramp up my mana generation. I currently have a 7x7 field of nightshade, sunblooms, and hydrogeneas. But I made a rod of terra firma and the mana generation from my field just is not enough to do anything with it. I am looking for suggestions about how to setup some good mana generation without the use of tech mods or using the lava ritual from blood magic with the regen flower.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing in the Mage Quest modpack, meaning I have no access to tech mods. But I am looking for ways to ramp up my mana generation. I currently have a 7x7 field of nightshade, sunblooms, and hydrogeneas. But I made a rod of terra firma and the mana generation from my field just is not enough to do anything with it. I am looking for suggestions about how to setup some good mana generation without the use of tech mods or using the lava ritual from blood magic with the regen flower.
Making the Band of Aura is a great way to get passive Mana - I rarely use it more quickly than I make it and I can drain the excess into a mana pool every so often. Endoflames also provide fairly decent power, and the Rosa Arcana and entropinnium are good for if you need extra mana and are in the area.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Automating the dropping of charcoal onto Endoflames also gives you a lot of mana

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You could also use Gourmaryliss (my personal fav generating flower, even if i can't spell it) The better the food you feed it the more mana it makes. Automating it is a little tedious, but for max throughput you'll wanna drop one every (hunger shanks restored) seconds, and no more.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Did you know that it is possible to farm trees with Botania? :D

or use a Thaumcraft/Botania crossover like @Haighyorkie did in his Let's Play, he uses thaumcraft golems to place down sapplings and chop down trees. any sapplings that fall get picked up and placed into a chest by a golem, where aonther golem takes the sapplings and placed them down. there's another golem that chops down the trees. the wooden logs that fall to the ground will get used by the endoflames which will generate mana for the nearby agricarnation which will boost the growth speed of the sapplings. any excess mana then gets send to a mana pool.

something that I'd like to know is how people do mana storage in the mid-end game of Botania
placing down a few pools isn't that hard, but I don't really have an idea about making a large mana pool storage

in my creative world I'm using mana distributors, sparks and augments, but I was wondering if there was a more efficient way of doing this

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't done it yet but Vazkii tells me you can essentially create batteries with spark and augments. That's as far as I know you can go end game Botania mana storage

Reactions: Yusunoha

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I yet have to play with sparks
They can be used to transfer mana right?

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the structures and blocks cannot have a mana spreader pointed to them and that is where sparks come into play. So, an example is the structure for creating Terra Steel has to have a spark.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Am I correct to say that sparks are kind of like mana tesseracts/ender tanks?
No. They merely transmit mana to nearby mana acceptors.

the only tesseract like item from Botania that I can think of is that mirror item, which allows you to link the mirror to a mana pool, and when you hold that mirror in your inventory your mana equipment and gear will take the mana from the linked pool through the mirror

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Sorta, although they don't push or pull mana by themselves.

Some blocks (most notably the Terrestial Algomation Plate and Mana Enchanter) can use a spark above them to pull mana from nearby mana pools with sparks. This is only the tip of the iceburg as to what you can do with sparks. You can augment sparks over pools to have extra properties, once you have access to elven materials. The Recessive Spark will try and move all the mana in the pool below it to other Pools with sparks, so long as they are either Dispersive or not augmented. The Dominant Spark is pretty much the opposite, it tries to keep the pool below it full by pulling mana from Pools below non-augmented Sparks.
The Dispersive Spark will use mana in the pool below it to charge mana-holding items (like a Mana Tablet) in nearby Player's inventories. And finally the Isolated Spark simply doesn't interact with Dominiant or Recessive Sparks, but still can be used for something like a Mana Enchanter.

Reactions: PierceSG

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I wish the mana spreader could accept a spark and that there would be a spark that could input/output to mana pools without sparks
but that probably makes it all too easy

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have still yet to go crazy with mana generation. But between my 7x7 square of; hydrogeneas, nightshade, sunbloom, and band of aura, I have managed to accumulate two and a half pools of mana. Once I get a dynamism tablet on my blood altar (think this will work) I will move to using the lava ritual from Blood magic. I think this setup is not as cheaty as regen flower + blood altar.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Once I get a dynamism tablet on my blood altar (think this will work)
You mean killing the mobs with a dagger? Well the Autonomous Activator does not work for that, so I doubt it.

I think this setup is not as cheaty as regen flower + blood altar.
It is IMO. Once you have a Well of Suffering you can get lots of mana very easily this way.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have still yet to go crazy with mana generation. But between my 7x7 square of; hydrogeneas, nightshade, sunbloom, and band of aura, I have managed to accumulate two and a half pools of mana. Once I get a dynamism tablet on my blood altar (think this will work) I will move to using the lava ritual from Blood magic. I think this setup is not as cheaty as regen flower + blood altar.

enjoy it while you can, the thermalillies have been moved to elven knowledge in recent versions