Looking for FTB server that allows Griefing and Raiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

digidude13

Jul 29, 2019
Literally all FTB servers I find are lame whitelist nobody gets hurt servers and thats lame you might as well play single player im looking for a server where you have to work to keep yourself and your stuff safe.

Please post any suggestions.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Just for the sake of it, I will explain one of the reason why griefing is usually not allowed.

It is because in addition to the normal building, you need to spend insane amount of time and resources into your machines and stuff.

If griefing between friends can be kept to a friendly competition, it is rarely the case with strangers, we usually don't care about them and strait off steal what they spent time and resources making.

I do agree that, if done the right way, with regulation and all, it can be fun, even more if the fighting is an all out war in a certain world, but all others are safe heavens.
You could have an accelerated world with many ores as the battleground, to give people more reasons to get into the fighting.

But most of the time, people would just destroy and steal, ad that is only fun for them, where they are making hours and hours of work vanish in minutes.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea if you want pvping and stealing there are a few that exists but I honestly finds it not fun because of all the loop holes. A good example of this how people can easily shutdown hours of work setting up a MFFS and have vanishes to the ground within the next day you logs on the server and they're not cheap to make and power. Being killed every 5 to 15 minutes isn't fun ether when you'r just making your mud hut with a vanilla furnace and a chest of essentials.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The picture memes... they call to me. They whisper sweet things in the dark places of the internet and beg me to bring them to the light of forum posts. This post, in particular, they beg about. They claim it is an open invitation to them, all I need to is link...

But no, I mustn't. For the mods frown on such eldritch horrors being summoned, no matter how well deserved it might be. And ultimately... they are right, for such things were banished to the dark beyond for a reason...

Yet still this calls to to them. Such a temptation, how easy it would be just this once... no. No, I must be firm in my resolve, for that is a slippery slope which ends only in disaster and banning. And so I hold fast, and do not link. This time. Whispers in the dark... perhaps I should not have attended Miskatonic University after all...

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
the only people that enjoy those kinds of servers are the ones that spend time killing and stealing (aka d-heads) and they seldom build their own stuff, they just steal it... soo... why bother playing an FTB server at all? Just to have more damaging things to steal?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Well your argument is invalid, because I enjoy those kinds of servers and I don't spend time killing and stealing. I like, that I must to hide, protect my stuff and be extra careful, which is a good balance to my SSP playstyle (mobgriefing off, always day, keepinventory). It is completely different play style and some mods really blossom only on that kind of gameplay (mostly MFFS). You can spend your time on traps, deception or abusing the mods, which is quite refreshing for me. After I log in the fact that my base is still standing is a pleasant surprise.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
The point of playing on a server is to contribute ideas to other server members and help those who are not as knowledgeable on certain mods. I learned a lot playing on a server living with someone who knew a lot about forestry.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
The point of playing on a server is to contribute ideas to other server members and help those who are not as knowledgeable on certain mods. I learned a lot playing on a server living with someone who knew a lot about forestry.
That is your reason for playing on a server, the reason for some people to play on a server is to be the biggest douchebag braindead griefing wanker they can hence the OP looking for a server that allows that type of behavior.......

Reactions: warfighter67

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
That is your reason for playing on a server, the reason for some people to play on a server is to be the biggest douchebag braindead griefing wanker they can hence the OP looking for a server that allows that type of behavior.......

Or some people enjoy PvP servers with some restrictions. Like servers (that I know and have been on) that say you can kill someone and take their inventory, but not break their machines or building.

Griefing and PvP can be fun as long as you are not D-bags about it. Heck, look at Dire's SMP videos. RichardG and Dire grief each other frequently and they don't care.

Reactions: TheLegendaryFoxFire

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I did say "some" people the OP however specifically mentioned raiding (as in I will come and steal your stuff and probably destroy your building while I'm at it).

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Or some people enjoy PvP servers with some restrictions.

Sure, but that's not what the OP is asking for. He wants a server where it's allowed to destroy something someone worked for hours on with a single nuke.

FTB is simply not suitable for this kind of play. I can understand people who play Vanilla and want some extra challenge. But FTB gives a lot of additional stuff to do that takes a long time complete. But on the other hand it gives you a lot of tools that makes it incredibly easy to completely wreck someones base without them being able to do anything. So you want to destroy someone's base? fine. Even if nukes are disabled just building a builder under their base with a clear pattern can turn any base into a huge hole in just a few minutes. Even if they are present they won't be able to find and disable the builder before it destroyed their base.

The OP wasn't asking about PvP. I can understand that you would play on a PvP server where you aren't allowed to destroy a base for example. The OP was asking specifically for servers where you are allowed to undo the work people spent days on in just mere minutes.

Reactions: warfighter67

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
Even still. If a server is made for that, then the players can't really complain. They knew what they were getting into. It would be a good challenge to make a base that is safe. You could also make secondary bases to hide other machines and start over if you need to. A server like this wouldn't be about making big automated systems, it would likely use more of the lower tech stuff and force you to leave a small footprint. If you build underground right, you could easily hide for days.

If everybody agrees to the rules, and have fun playing that way, then who cares?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Even still. If a server is made for that, then the players can't really complain. They knew what they were getting into. It would be a good challenge to make a base that is safe. You could also make secondary bases to hide other machines and start over if you need to. A server like this wouldn't be about making big automated systems, it would likely use more of the lower tech stuff and force you to leave a small footprint. If you build underground right, you could easily hide for days.

If everybody agrees to the rules, and have fun playing that way, then who cares?

If a server like that exists... well actually I'll just quote someone else as it sums up exactly what I think.

Let me know if you find one you like, so I can stay the hell away.

Status
Not open for further replies.