Looking for FTB server that allows Griefing and Raiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, that's the awesome thing about Minecraft... there's No Wrong Way to Minecraft. If he can find a server which permits griefing... more the power to him.

I will, however, agree that it wouldn't be a server I would want to play on.

EpicPwn

Jul 29, 2019
well eveyone hates grfeing and raiding, and with the mods and everything it would lag massively sits rare that you find a server like this

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this specific style of play even has name. Anarchy.

Better than wolves is balanced with this style of play in mind and the comunity has several mature but competitious servers for said style of play.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I realise this is an old thread that's been necroed but it raises an important point.

I feel, like most people, that Minecraft is best played as a PvE game. Mojang added the option for PvP for a reason though and whilst that playstyle is relatively unpopular dismissing it entirely is arrogant; as has already been said, there is no "illegitimate" way to play a sandbox game, especially Minecraft which is the sandbox to other sandboxes; the most extreme sandbox in gaming. People who define "legit" and "not legit" play styles for their Minecraft are just setting their own personal rules they feel comfortable with and imposing them on other people. It's important not to forget that.

On the actual matter at hand, I don't feel FTB is really designed for PvP play so you're going to struggle to find a server. A PvP version could be fun though, but it would have to be very carefully balanced in the configs.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well, more necro'ing, but there is a server on the UE packs, it has grieving and raiding. It's...the only UE server, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I think such a server would quickly end up looking like an apocalyptic scene. Craters everywhere (not necessarily from nukes) You'd travel a long way finding only ravaged buildings/ facilities of those dumb enough to build on the surface. You'd see some old factions attempt at making a faction monument mostly blown to hell.
The only real bases would be made of warded stone and will be underground.

Would actually be an interesting server to visit... But not to stay and actually play.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from bases being underground and made of warded stone they will also probably be VERY far away from spawn. To me there's not much sense in playing together if you're not somewhat 'together'.

EpicPwn

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this specific style of play even has name. Anarchy.

Better than wolves is balanced with this style of play in mind and the comunity has several mature but competitious servers for said style of play.
Oh please it nothing like that

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Another option is to disable greifing (however you define it) on the server for a certain amount of time. As soon as everyone is self sufficient, relax the rules. Thats what were are doing. We are even keeping some mods back just for this point in time (ICBM, trailmix, etc).

The only difficulty is deciding when that point could be. We run a small private server of 6 people, all rl friends, so its not hard to discuss and have consensus. Might be an issue if you host a public server though.

Alternatively you could set up zones with specific permissions.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The definition of "griefing" is spoiling someone else's fun, so why would anyone want to play on that server? It's not even fun for the griefer if everyone is doing it. So by definition the server is no fun.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
You cant be too rigid on the definition. One person may consider PvP greifing, the other, not so much. I think its up to the server admin(s) to interpret greifing and apply limits/ rules tailored to their definition.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
On a PvP server, it is reasonable to assume that people are there to beat each other up in the most elaborate and amusing fashion possible. I would use that as the barometer of "fun" here.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
PvP is fun but he's asking about a griefing server. Griefing in the minecraft world means destroying someone's work by tearing holes in it and such. Some mods allow you to make very large holes instantly.

So on such a server no one would build anything (because tearing something down is infinitely vaster than building it) so there would be nothing to grief. So yeah, PhilHibbs is right: such a server cannot exist in the standard definition of griefing.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
I would beg to disagree.

I still stand by being flexible on the definition of griefing. PvP whereby someone repetitively kills someone (blood feud?), might be seen as griefing by some, and not by others. I think your are too narrowly defining griefing when referring to blasting huge holes everywhere, wiping out someones efforts. Thats one specific scenario. Minecraft players have great imaginations individually and collectively; there will griefing scenarios that will catch you by surprise. You kind of need a flexible definition of griefing if you want to adapt to this, especially public server admins.

Its also possible to have a server with multiworlds or mystcraft dimensions zoned as "Grief fest/ all vs all/ no rules", done via permissions/ anti-griefing plugins or something similar. Its possible to run flexible scenario servers, just gotta be creative and diligent.

And fyi I would personally class pvp and deliberately blowing someones work up as 'griefing', especially in FTB. I guess im just more open to alternative interpretations by other people ;)

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever you define "griefing" as is just wordplay.

Fact of the matter is, a server where destroying others' property and killing them (whatever you want to call it) is allowed, is possible and there are several around. Those actions are not intended to cause anybody harm, and you shouldn't feel any harm done if someone comes and raids your place: everybody joins the server with consent and full knowledge that these things can and will happen. Just because adversity is allowed, it doesn't mean people are actively hostile and hate each other. Simply friendly cooperation is replaced by friendly competition - just like pretty much every other competitive multiplayer game. And it is very much possible to defend yourself - you just have to build in a completely different style from what you're used to. Instead of a pretty house by the river hide your stuff in a cave and cover the entrance by a forcefield (or a lava trap). If you think people will just use x-ray to find you, think again: the fact that PvP and destroying stuff is allowed doesn't mean there are no rules at all.

Getting punched in the face doesn't sound like my idea of fun either. But martial arts are a thing and they are widely practiced.

tommy5567

Jul 29, 2019
whats the fun in mining, setting up a quarry, and crafting for days, raiding forces you to play differently, more quick and carefull, and only pussys think otherwise[DOUBLEPOST=1388856949][/DOUBLEPOST]btw the OP means anarchy: for the stupid people, no rules

Status
Not open for further replies.