Werewolf: The Purification - Game Thread

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
hah how meta. Technically I said no screenshots, and I think it needs to hold in this case since it functions as proof of something.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
kk. I'll non-direct quote it (removing "convMessage" from the BBCode)
If you already have it in text-format, its not a screenshot...

GUYS
The summary has been updated. There was a whole chain reaction of shit happening. I also had to decide if the Madman would be the lowest-ranked villager at the time of reveal, and decided he was not a villager yet. Enjoy.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
*Erautnien was killed by suspenseful silence
Taken from a dream.
FTFY
Murdered: SpwnX (Spy)
NOPE NOPE NOPE THAT'S NOT REAL WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME SPWNX I CONFIRMED YOU
Me too. I botched this and I can't undo it :\
That would make sense, if a bodyguard protected from lynching. Considering SpwnX is the bodyguard.
Hold on... We have 3 spies (SpwnX, RJS and Gideon)? Something tells me Gideon isn't who he said he is. It's possible but highly unlikely we have a third one. Any comment Gideon?
Yes. I had a conversation with SpwnX earlier (also don't forget about my original claim, which is pretty airtight if you ask me):
(quote added in first for context):
Gideonseymour said:
K buddy reindeer, vote Gideonspymour, I interpreted mewtwo's call as "why i haz no votes".
I don't feel like that was a mistype.
SpwnX said:
Didn't mean anything regarding this game though.
Gideonseymour said:
Oh. Well, you were pretty accurate in guessing my role for this game.

*Editors note: Here lies the thing I pasted as my role claim, refer to the link above.*
SpwnX said:
I carry the same role as the previous game. You can guess me this night I guess.

Since I don't remember if the last game roles got revealed i'll tell you anyways, I'm the second highest rank of the "good" guys
So, unfortunatly, here's where things get complicated in explaining the story. Ya see, if you'll remember a previous game *whirling sound as we travel back in time for a black-and-white flashback*....

The day end recap for some day or another showed me being killed, but, I survived, thanks to the work of a bodyguard.
  • GideonSeymour was attacked, but lived, thanks to the bodyguard!
I promptly replied:
I <3 U BODYGUARD
Now, SpwnX, who was the bodyguard in that game (WHY DIDN'T YOU REVEAL ALL THE ROLES, BACHMAN?!?!?) opened a conversation with me afterward, titled "You're Welcome":
SpwnX said:
I am it :3
Gideonseymour said:
Aw, thanks! I'm the Golem. I revived NobodyVikestep yesterday. Not sure who I should revive today.
SpwnX said:
I'd say revive mewtwo. His role is known.
So, that obviously implied SpwnX was the bodyguard in this game, too. But, just to make sure, and thanks to my amazing spy powers, I was able to confirm that SpwnX was the bodyguard:
Gideonseymour said:
SpwnX - Bodyguard
Pyure said:
acknowledged. Btw, Do you mean Bodyguard, or an actual role?
Gideonseymour said:
Er, the role equivalent to bodyguard. Beta, I think.
Pyure said:
Pyure said:
Confirmed; SpwnX is the Beta.
Now, to make sure Spwn knew I knew he wasn't lying, I responded, saying:
Gideonseymour said:
You're confirmed
And once again, don't forget this

So yes, SpwnX had his role changed at least once by the Imposter. Which means that there is at least one, possibly two spies. Not really looking good for me, but that's my argument.

Reactions: SpwnX

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
vote chbachman, the assassin. It seems it was revealed that I am a decoy
Showing your hand? Come on, Vike. I was about to write a full speech.

Everyone, listen up! He's lying. I contacted Bachman yesterday, and he claimed decoy before any of this night's events went down. Vike's the assassin! I bet my wolfishness/honor/integrity on this. Vote Vikestep.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Showing your hand? Come on, Vike. I was about to write a full speech.

Everyone, listen up! Vike's lying. I contacted Bachman yesterday, and he claimed decoy before any of this night's events went down. Vike's the assassin! I bet my wolfishness/honor/integrity on this. Vote Vikestep.
I'll nullify my own lynch then *sighs*

There are many explanations but I don't want to make a false accusation. If it comes to it I'll find a reason as to why this occurred but I have got a big surprise for you. Humans can lie *shock fills the room*.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I'll nullify my own lynch then *sighs*

There are many explanations but I don't want to make a false accusation
Go for it. A decoy would have no reason to fear a lynching, right?

Hm, that sounds familiar...
I still don't get why you suspect me... I voted for you yesterday because you were one of the two prime targets for the villagers. It happened to be FireFistRay. But whatever. I don't have a very good role, so go ahead.

m88888s. Hold up. We can settle this peacefully. I can confirm which one of them is the Assassin.
We can't, actually. The Imposter's gonna screw with you.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Possible Explanations:
1. the assassin, chbachman, knew he was the lowest ranked human and therefore claimed to be the lowest ranked wolf in advance (explaining why he chose decoy) in case an omega died.
2. Shazam08 is an impostor protecting chbachman. I haven't seen any confirmations that Shazam08 is a wolf

Please tell me why these are implausible

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Possible Explanations:
1. the assassin, chbachman, knew he was the lowest ranked human and therefore claimed to be the lowest ranked wolf in advance (explaining why he chose decoy) in case an omega died.
That would've been some amazing foresight and preparation for such a small eventuality. That post I quoted above, showing that Bachman was unafraid of lynching, appeared just after the end of the second day. A wolf would have no way of knowing if or when an Omega would die, right? He would have no reason to start faking a role that early.

By the way, why would a liar choose the second-lowest ranked role (Decoy) instead of the absolute lowest (Omega)?
2. Shazam08 is an impostor protecting chbachman. I haven't seen any confirmations that Shazam08 is a wolf
Entirely plausible! I think I've got a few ways to prove my role, though, which I'll be more than happy to do once the Assassin is pushing up daisies.

And, though this may come off as defensive, you're the last one to criticize a lack of proven innocence. Your proof so far has been "I'm a decoy."

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
That would've been some amazing foresight and preparation for such a small eventuality. That post I quoted above, showing that Bachman was unafraid of lynching, appeared just after the end of the second day. A wolf would have no way of knowing if or when an Omega would die, right? He would have no reason to start faking a role that early.

By the way, why would a liar choose the second-lowest ranked role (Decoy) instead of the absolute lowest (Omega)?

Entirely plausible! I think I've got a few ways to prove my role, though, which I'll be more than happy to do once the Assassin is pushing up daisies.

And, though this may come off as defensive, you're the last one to criticize a lack of proven innocence. Your proof so far has been "I'm a decoy."
Well in my defense, decoys have no defense. The only thing I can do is provide explanations for why chbachman is the assassin.

If I was the assassin I would've told people I was the decoy. I thought it would seem obvious to claim it. In fact out of all the roles decoy is the easiest to lie about since there is no way to prove it without nullifying a lynch, but by the simple act of proving it you are made redundant...

Regarding your claim of choosing omega vs decoy. Firstly if an assassin claimed decoy it would mean that any sane villager would kill the omega to find the lowest ranked human so it would be worthless. Secondly if the omega is killed it means that there is one less omega and i'd put more money on there being one omega than there being two so that is why an assassin would also choose the decoy.

Also I know I am the last one to criticize a lack of proven innocence, but my head is on the line.

"But VikeStep, surely you can nullify your own lynch. Then you are safe and we can kill chbachman". Ah, that is where you are wrong. See chbachman will probably use his assassin ability on me since by tomorrow he will have not been able to use his assassin ability and therefore it is best for me if we remove chbachman from the possibility of using his ability as soon as possible. Like lynching for example.

Reactions: Pyure