Taking Damage from nothing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SuperDino

Jul 29, 2019
I am on a server I own. Regular Survival on normal difficulty with the Monster modpack.

I take some amount of damage between 1/2 of a heart and 2 hearts every couple seconds. Doesnt cause durability loss on my armor. My hunger bar is full. And it doesn't matter where I go. No mobs or other players around.

I reset the server, still taking damage. I tp'd myself 1,000,000 blocks away, still taking damage. Invisibility, still taking damage. Drop all my items, still taking damage. Travel up to y 200, still taking damage.

I'm at a loss as to what to do.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
You are not in the deep dark by chance are you? You get damaged by the darkness there.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Have you got any Blood Magic Rituals running, while being out of LP?

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Have you got any Blood Magic Rituals running, while being out of LP?
AFAIK the rituals only stop working and cause dizziness when running out of LP. The bound tools and apparel on the other hand can kill you quite quickly :)
Does the damage stop if you refill your Soul Network?
Or deactivate the sword with Shift-right click.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
AFAIK the rituals only stop working and cause dizziness when running out of LP. The bound tools and apparel on the other hand can kill you quite quickly :)
The sigils and spells can also kill you if you run out of LP. The Imperfect Ritual Stone, too, but the Lava Crystal and most of the advanced rituals are safe, at least once you activate them.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many mods or things this could be, without a mod pack/list it could be anything.

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
He did say the Monster pack. And dropping all items does not stop the damage. Hmmm. is it possible for the client/server to get stuck somehow thinking the character is being suffocated by a block?

Also, if your in a Mystcraft age, that constant damage could be an instability of that age.