EnderIO wires over Thermal Expansion

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have been using EnderIO Energy conduits for wiring my base. Are the Thermal Expansion wires better? Am I losing power or does it really not matter?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
You aren't losing power at all with either as in per-block power loss or anything. The enderIO ones give you more control but have a slightly larger game performance overhead.

Actually I don't think that's true. As far as I have heared it is the TE conduits that are more laggy (in 1.6.4 that is) then the EnderIO conduits. That's also my experience if I look at opis results.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
The COFH marketing machine tends to be very successful.

What I'm wondering is if the conduits were so amazingly optimized and stable in 1.6, why does it take so long to update to 1.7?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The COFH marketing machine tends to be very successful.

What I'm wondering is if the conduits were so amazingly optimized and stable in 1.6, why does it take so long to update to 1.7?

Weren't the conduits ripped from TE and placed into their own mod? And weren't they reliant on FMP, which happened to be causing a massive amount of lag with conduits under the right circumstances?

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, they're in their own mod now, but that's hardly cause for delay. Well, Tema who now does Thermal Dynamics managed to make his own pipes work fine with FMP, so we can hope.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
A complete rewrite however is cause for a delay and implementation of new pipes and functions of existing pipes. Plus real life and stuff always cause a delay

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
As I remember it a large number of server admins complained a lot about the over heads of itemducts, I never found them a huge problem, more a case of some players that used them not having them setup well & allowing a build up of items in ducts that could end up 40-60k of items bouncing around ducts, some players just cant seem to add a trash can to stop this type of thing happening, or just can loose a single block of that awesome cobble!!.

Ender IO does not suffer from this issue, if there is no valid place for items to land there just not sent, logic wins

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG and xTordX

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
As I remember it a large number of server admins complained a lot about the over heads of itemducts, I never found them a huge problem, more a case of some players that used them not having them setup well & allowing a build up of items in ducts that could end up 40-60k of items bouncing around ducts, some players just cant seem to add a trash can to stop this type of thing happening, or just can loose a single block of that awesome cobble!!.

Ender IO does not suffer from this issue, if there is no valid place for items to land there just not sent, logic wins

Feed a TE power conduit through something from FMP, and do so about 15-20 times. You will begin to see lag.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
TE power conduits in 1.6 were buggy as hell often disconnecting at chunk borders (but still appeared connected visually) causing people to rip their hair out trying to figure out why there was no power going into machines.

Looking forward to seeing what Tema comes up with, the sneaky peaks so far look interesting.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Bobs I do remember the chunk loading thing now that you mention it & on servers that did not allow or donator only loaders could be a big problem, Padfoote I'll take your word on that one :).

Lot of the time I build compact (small footprint) builds, one time I built the entire base in one chunk, was well over 100 blocks tall & lagged like hell, 1.4 random server not even sure what pack it was.

Thats one of the good things about modded MC, soon as you think you have learned it all, they go & change it :)

Last edited:

Ingonian2

Jul 29, 2019
Enderio all the way, I just love being able to run power, liquid fuel and a redstone signal through one block. Thermal Expansion stuff just does not have that attraction to me.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
I used to play only with the TE stuff, but have been using EIO with all the 1.7 packs and I doubt I will go back. As some have already said, TE itemducts are laggy unless you set it up correct with a trash, which I find annoying now that I can just use EIO conduits without that problem. EIO also gives the ability of more compact systems, which is really nice when you come to a point with pretty much endless chains of machines all over the place. What I do like with the TE stuff is the usability, they are way quicker to setup and use, cheaper and have a better filter system IMO. I really miss the fluid filters in EIO. I'm playing mostly skyblock (as I'm playing on a calculator which can't handle much else) and have found it annoying that you can't reach those configuration plates on EIO conduits if they are placed under an inventory block, unless you are standing two blocks below the position of the inventory block, which causes some problems in early game skyblock with a 1 block thick platform and no jetpack. It forces you to place your machines or whatever 1 block higher than you normally might do, which isn't an issue really, but annoying.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Surely you can craft a piston and lever if you can build machines?

Yes, which is an extra annoying step that takes up more time than placing everything one block higher. It isn't an issue as I said, but a small annoyance that occurs with EIO and not TE. (Edit: In skyblock that is)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Enderio all the way, I just love being able to run power, liquid fuel and a redstone signal through one block. Thermal Expansion stuff just does not have that attraction to me.
Exactly. In 1.6 I was amongst those going insane over my TE conduits have glitches. I finally switched to EIO and I was so pleased with the space savings alone. I dont miss the TE stuff in 1.7. I'll still use TE machines but I'd have to see something amazing in the duct mod to make me go back to TE for piping or wiring .