1.0.2: Game crashes randomly when playing the pack

mitaka90

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
It usually doesn't happen very often, but when I play the pack, sometimes the game crashes and just closes everything. Well, today it crashed 2 times in like 10 minutes or something. I'm not sure what the problem is because I do not understand too much the crash reports so please, if someone knows what the problem is, it will be kind of you to tell me. :) I'm going to pastebin the crash report and maybe give you some information about the way I play the pack. I have installed FastCraft and I play on semi-high video settings and 3.75GB RAM allocated.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/DNZwX1Xp

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so first off the recommended amount of ram allocated is 4 gigs. If you cannot do so, let's head on to the next bit.
Turn off Aroma backup and Journeymap. These are both big producers of issues, though Aroma backup can be updated to the latest version and solve most of the lag it would otherwise create.
Good that you have Fastcraft.
Given the number of key error messages here, the next thing I suggest is to check your keybindings for various things in game. It's possible something is conflicting and causing problems. Try to bind each of the things you use to separate keys, or unbind them altogether if you don't use them at all.

Reactions: mitaka90

mitaka90

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so first off the recommended amount of ram allocated is 4 gigs. If you cannot do so, let's head on to the next bit.
Turn off Aroma backup and Journeymap. These are both big producers of issues, though Aroma backup can be updated to the latest version and solve most of the lag it would otherwise create.
Good that you have Fastcraft.
Given the number of key error messages here, the next thing I suggest is to check your keybindings for various things in game. It's possible something is conflicting and causing problems. Try to bind each of the things you use to separate keys, or unbind them altogether if you don't use them at all.

Thank you for the response! If you say, that 4 gigs are required, not a problem - I have total of 8GB. I run it on 3.75GB because that was the maximum I could set. But I recently pre-installed my windows and probably I didn't have 64 bit java or something dunno, but now I can allocate more. :) Thanks for the advice, I will try everything you said.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
32bit java can only handle up to 1 Gig of RAM anyways. 64bit java is NOT shipped with windows in anyway and you have to get the install-files for 64 seperatly than the ones for 32bit.

mitaka90

Jul 29, 2019
32bit java can only handle up to 1 Gig of RAM anyways. 64bit java is NOT shipped with windows in anyway and you have to get the install-files for 64 seperatly than the ones for 32bit.

Yea, I don't know why I was limited to 3.75GB but now I am to 7.75 so it doesn't matter no more :).

mitaka90

Jul 29, 2019
I only have 3gb allocated because too much will give worse performance not better.

Well, I don't think so. The more ram you allocate, the better is for your game. But you have to keep in my mind your total RAM and not to allocate too much, so that you have enough left to run the OS. I understand it this way and if I'm wrong correct me please. :)

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
With java, less is better sometimes, due to the way the garbage collector works. I am no expert however, so I am not going to attempt to explain it. I do know that it seems to run a little better with 4 gig, instead of 8.

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't think so. The more ram you allocate, the better is for your game. But you have to keep in my mind your total RAM and not to allocate too much, so that you have enough left to run the OS. I understand it this way and if I'm wrong correct me please. :)
Although I reccomend using MultiMC for launching your FTB packs as I have found for whatever reason, FTB launcher causes severe lag( dont ask me why), in your FTB launcher options, set to 4GB of RAM, no more, more will cause issues. and then under your advanced options put in "-XX:permSize=m -256XX:MaxPermSize=512m"

And also update your java to the latest 1.8 x64bit version.

You don't need to disable journeymap all together if you dont want to, you can fix the lag it causes by opening its options in game and disabling webmap.

Reactions: mitaka90

mitaka90

Jul 29, 2019
I just read some comments on direwolf20's last singleplayer episode and it seems that other people experience crashes, too. Most of them say that it is because of the newest version 1.0.2. of the pack and that it is better to play singleplayer with the version 7 of Java, not 8. How that could be the case?

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
I just read some comments on direwolf20's last singleplayer episode and it seems that other people experience crashes, too. Most of them say that it is because of the newest version 1.0.2. of the pack and that it is better to play singleplayer with the version 7 of Java, not 8. How that could be the case?
I play 1.0.2 with 8 and have no crashes. I have fastcraft installed, use multimc to launch, and have webmap in journeymap disabled. 4GB of RAM allocated.

mitaka90

Jul 29, 2019
I've spotted a really annoying bug... I'm using a Filler from BC to clear some space outside and when I interact with it it causes something like server lag where you can't open your inventory or break blocks without them dropping... I don't know what's the case here but when I leave the filler and do other things the problem isn't occuring.

EDIT: Well, it actually Freezes the game and if you do not reload the world there is no way fixing it... Damn it, what should I do?