MineTweaker syntax highlighting and auto-completion in Atom

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Fairly self-explanatory. This is a package for the Atom text editor that provides syntax highlighting and auto completion for ZenScript/ZenCode, the scripting language used by MineTweaker.

You can find it here: https://github.com/satanicsanta/atom-minetweaker/ Please report issues there.

To install it, you can either search in the settings -> packages for "minetweaker", or run "apm install minetweaker@<latest version>" where <latest version> is the latest version. I recommend the first one.

Latest version is 4.1.0

Last edited:

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, this is fairly self-explanatory. Atom, the text editor made by GitHub, allows for custom packages that can do things like syntax highlighting and custom themes. I have made a package (appropriately named "minetweaker") that allows for MineTweaker's syntax to be colored in Atom. It will automatically detect .zs files and use pre-set grammar to color. There's still a lot of work to be done on it, and I'm still learning CoffeeScript and CSS (the two languages this is written in).

You can find it here: https://github.com/satanicsanta/atom-minetweaker/ Please report issues there.

To install it, you can either search in the settings -> packages for "minetweaker", or run "apm install minetweaker@<latest version>" where <latest version> is the latest version. I recommend the first one.

Latest version is 1.0.7.
Lucky for you coffee script is extremely easy to learn if you already know javascript (I learned coffee script a while ago so I know)

oh ya, \o/

Reactions: 1SDAN and Chaka

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Hurray for comments!
  • Add single and multi-line comments to the stylesheets and grammars.
  • Made comment gray slightly lighter

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I actually did this a while ago, but I just got the time to test to make sure it works, so I'm labeling it as an official release: 2.0.5

We now have auto-completion!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
New version 4.1.0 (I wonder why I never updated this thread for 4.0.0...)
  • Improve spec with actual code samples from various places
  • Add support for numeric constants
  • Add support for all language keywords (in, is, as, package, bool, any, etc)
  • Improved function calling syntax, is now dynamic instead of an enormous list of methods
  • Add support for <> syntax (e.g. <liquid:copper.molten>, <ore:ingotIron>, <TConstruct:MetalBlock:3>)
  • Add NBT key syntax (Key: "value")
Here's a preview of what it looks like now
7591b89c56.png

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
New version, 4.1.1 available on Atom.
  • Remove specific grammar for the format method(s), as it should be handled by the general/dynamic method call grammar (#8).