[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
none of the tinkers stuff renders it has see through to underground invisable blox also flower are only hit boxes. and no pam's harvest craft seeds when grass is broken.
Are you using Optifine? I have this same problem in *some* of the packs where I have Botania and Optifine installed.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Ah good call, Optifine is not compatible with this pack. Try Fastcraft from player if you need a performance boost.

Now if we could just get someone to make a multi-core chunk rendering mod we could completely ditch Optifine.

JustcallmeJJ

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I have been notified about this, I have it fixed in the next update which will probably post live Monday sometime if we do not find any bugs. Thanks for telling me though!

Awesome, even though I don't need it any more; I wanted to use it on a smeltery for auto casting but I now figured out that you can use the liquid transfer node on the drains.

ekoman93

Jul 29, 2019
So every time i try to load the pack it says downloading the pack and launches minecraft but when it loads up its just vanilla minecraft

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
If you set up BoP's Biome IDs not to overwrite any of the current Biomes. But by default they will conflict with Twilight Forest and a few others in this pack.
So in other words, there are biomes built-in to the pack that wouldn't require an extra biome mod to add them?

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
Just installed this on our server at The Obsidian Loft.
We were looking for something new and unusual.
Thanks for putting together this modpack. Everyone is welcome to pop in and join.
Note that it's running on Cauldron so there's a few plugins with it including Grief Prevention.

Notizbuch

Jul 29, 2019
@tfox83 I don`t want to say it, but when u don´t have other priorities can u please work on a fix for the rendering issues with Optifine?
Players can use Optifine as Xray...

Without Optifine:

xxymf7vm.png

With Optifine:

mbl9l99q.png

I have already Fastcraft installed, but my FPS are not higher, it fixes only the chunkloading freezes.
I need Optifine for the multi-core chunk rendering it pushes my FPS and performance.

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
I tried FastCraft but it crashed during launch.

Do you have any suggestions for Java Opts? I have a server with 3.5Gb RAM and the following settings:

Code:
-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=5 -XX:MaxGCPauseMi
llis=10 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

The reason I ask is my CPU is frequently at 200-300%

Cheers! :)

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
@tfox83 I don`t want to say it, but when u don´t have other priorities can u please work on a fix for the rendering issues with Optifine?
Players can use Optifine as Xray...

Without Optifine:

xxymf7vm.png

With Optifine:

mbl9l99q.png

I have already Fastcraft installed, but my FPS are not higher, it fixes only the chunkloading freezes.
I need Optifine for the multi-core chunk rendering it pushes my FPS and performance.
I will not support Optifine sorry, you are more than welcome to poke the mod devs asking them, but I bet you they will say the same thing as myself.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I tried FastCraft but it crashed during launch.

Do you have any suggestions for Java Opts? I have a server with 3.5Gb RAM and the following settings:

Code:
-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=5 -XX:MaxGCPauseMi
llis=10 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

The reason I ask is my CPU is frequently at 200-300%

Cheers! :)
Fastcraft and cauldron will not work together, but for servers I suggest Cauldron over fastcraft! 3.5 will only allow about 6-8 people max. Also I would try on forge and see if your CPU is still pinging, may be a plugin causing it.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way you can add Iguana Tweaks w/o disabling other tools. Is that in the configs or something.

Suiadan42

Jul 29, 2019
So, just started a server of this up, on a server that was running 1.6 TPPI fine, DW20 fine, and when no players are on here it runs this fine. However, when any player joins, it immediately jumps to less than 20 tps, with around 100ms tick time with just myself on, no mods, just spawned in. According to Opis, about 45 is entities alone, and the rest is world tick. Could anyone share successfuly java opts they are using? Also any config tweaks? I'd really like to this up and running nicely. If needed I can give more info as needed.

Another issue is EnderZoo, the client has it disabled by default, while servers have it enabled? I haven't read through all 10 pages of replies yet, so that might already be noted and isn't that much of an issue to me, but is a minor irritation.

EDIT: After a lot of testing disabling various mods, I went back and lowered view distance again (from 9 to 8) to start testing how much that would be effecting things, and the lag magically went away. Explored around spawn, no lag-spike to indicate some laggy chunk that wasn't loaded, nothing. After raising it back again, no lag. I am officially confused, but not questioning things...

Last edited:

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
So, just started a server of this up, on a server that was running 1.6 TPPI fine, DW20 fine, and when no players are on here it runs this fine. However, when any player joins, it immediately jumps to less than 20 tps, with around 100ms tick time with just myself on, no mods, just spawned in. According to Opis, about 45 is entities alone, and the rest is world tick. Could anyone share successfuly java opts they are using? Also any config tweaks? I'd really like to this up and running nicely. If needed I can give more info as needed.

Another issue is EnderZoo, the client has it disabled by default, while servers have it enabled? I haven't read through all 10 pages of replies yet, so that might already be noted and isn't that much of an issue to me, but is a minor irritation.

EDIT: After a lot of testing disabling various mods, I went back and lowered view distance again (from 9 to 8) to start testing how much that would be effecting things, and the lag magically went away. Explored around spawn, no lag-spike to indicate some laggy chunk that wasn't loaded, nothing. After raising it back again, no lag. I am officially confused, but not questioning things...
EnderZoo is disabled by default in 1.0.1, I had overlooked that by mistake.