Bad lag in the new direwolf20 1.7.10 pack.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure why but i found disabling Journey map and using Opis or Zans imporved my preformance. I manually added zans

Woodie6288

Jul 29, 2019
Holy cow I had to turn down my settings so low just to try and fix this lag and nothing I did in video settings worked. I tried this suggestion first and I disabled the journeymap and wow I can actually turn my settings back up now. Journeymap fail. And seriously why is it that every new direwolf pack he's using a new map mod. Just stick with one already.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Holy cow I had to turn down my settings so low just to try and fix this lag and nothing I did in video settings worked. I tried this suggestion first and I disabled the journeymap and wow I can actually turn my settings back up now. Journeymap fail. And seriously why is it that every new direwolf pack he's using a new map mod. Just stick with one already.

The minimap mods keep not getting updated properly between versions. Journeymap is like the only one that mod packs can use in 1.7 right now. We can use the lite loader voxle map mod but its not official nor is it perfect. Really there isnt a perfect map solution out there right now.

lordgaspode

Jul 29, 2019
Install multiMC and open the program. Then go to options and check the "import FTB instances" option. Then the FTB packs you use should automatically be imported!

Thanks muchly, cant believe how much better it runs now, and it loads sooo much quicker

Reactions: Racemol

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity tho. Is there a reason why multiMC seems to fix my and some other peoples problems like magic. I had the same experience. Ftb unplayable simple import to multiMC and everything is perfect. I didn't clean any dust or anything.
Do you have multiple versions of Java installed? My server uses Technic launcher, but for whatever reason that launcher picks a weird version of Java on my system and doesn't have an easy way of changing it. I launch my client in MultiMC instead.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this might be derailing it to a multiMC thread but does it allow an easy way to make multiple instances of the same modpack that I might add mods too. I.E. if I want to add IguanaTweaks but be able to change back to the pack without it, while not having to copy and move configs.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this might be derailing it to a multiMC thread but does it allow an easy way to make multiple instances of the same modpack that I might add mods too. I.E. if I want to add IguanaTweaks but be able to change back to the pack without it, while not having to copy and move configs.
Last I checked, it could.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have multiple versions of Java installed? My server uses Technic launcher, but for whatever reason that launcher picks a weird version of Java on my system and doesn't have an easy way of changing it. I launch my client in MultiMC instead.

Only the latest version of java7 is installed. It was no big deal for me as I had multiMC on my desktop that I use sometimes anyway.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have lag on every single 1.7.10 pack I'm on Mac(Unfortunately) and DW20, Dark Trilogy, and Lite 3. Literally not playable.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I have lag on every single 1.7.10 pack I'm on Mac(Unfortunately) and DW20, Dark Trilogy, and Lite 3. Literally not playable.
Move the instance to MultiMC
For some reason the FTB launcher is causing me issues as well. After moving over everything is fine.

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have figured out it is the rendering, once the first spawn chunks were rendered I could walk around buy when I started rendering more chunks it lagged again

harshbarj

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, still at it. Still no luck making the new packs playable. Anything running 1.7.10 is a no go. My first post I was running windows, so here is the same computer running Linux Mint 17 with all the updated drivers. As you can see my frame rate is bad (this was one of the high points, it mostly sits around 3-5 fps)

And, I cleaned the P.C. out 1 week ago. It also now is overclocked to 3.6GHz.

This is a screenshot of the latest Resurrection pack. But the lag in Direwolf20 is almost as bad, but can be playable at times.

Attachments

• snapshot1.png
    snapshot1.png
    557.9 KB · Views: 49