[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
The only changes between the beta map and the new official map is the terrain height I tried to use a mod to help with bats but it broke too many things so I made the terrain height 74 this way bats only spawn in the deepest builds.
The one down side I see to this is that natural squid spawn only happens below 64, so it'll take some digging to get there.
You know I'm really not sure it's been so long since I played through the early game but it should be spawning you at noon time. I'll double check to make sure the time isn’t off, but if this is the case there’s not much I can do I right now, fortunately this shouldn’t be too much of a prob for most but if it does become a prob then I’ll see about posting a fix.
On 1.1.2 we started in the morning, and had a full 10 minutes of daylight. Maybe that was a mistake, and previous versions started at noon?

It's not necessarily a problem, but it definitely changes my first day strategy. No way I can get a trench around the front of the ship, and 2+ stacks of dust in that time now.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
For a true hard core experience, set the game clock to midnight on starting the map.
The one down side I see to this is that natural squid spawn only happens below 64, so it'll take some digging to get there.
I usually excavate under the ship anyway, and dig a hole down to bedrock just so that I have a place to get dust without venturing out at night.

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Shane, your assitance with CL has been greatly appreciated! I'm really looking forward to some kind of REAL end game here.

The only changes between the beta map and the new official map is the terrain height I tried to use a mod to help with bats but it broke too many things so I made the terrain height 74 this way bats only spawn in the deepest builds.

I don't know why I only noticed bats in 1.1.3 beta, but I did the same thing I always did and never saw bats before. HOWEVER, simply lighting up my trench suddenly caused the bat problem to go away for me. Clearly my new bat friends were caused directly by my dark, 1 block deep trench.

Commander_Cole5

Jul 29, 2019
SO will my saves reset or? Casuse it was only through dumb luck I got as far as I have so far, ad I will probably break my computer if that happens again DX.

One funny thing, I may have been using compressors as bombs and not even knowing it XD

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot to ask this last night... I upgraded to the 1.1.3 and started a new world and all of my waypoints from the beta were present.

Not sure if I was supposed to delete the beta first (I didn't see any instructions for that).

Anyway, I got together some gear (since there's no more waypoint teleporting!) and went out to visit my old home. Yep, ship was still there (I took one piece of beef jerky from the lockbox as a souvenir). All of the towns/structures/etc. that I had waypointed in the beta were still there. And of course the giant 10 block high wall of dust was now in place...

Now, I know I'll die soon enough in my current world. Once that happens, what's the best/proper way to upgrade to 1.1.3 so I'm not on an old map with waypoints and structures from the beta?

Thanks!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Forgot to ask this last night... I upgraded to the 1.1.3 and started a new world and all of my waypoints from the beta were present.
Not sure if I was supposed to delete the beta first (I didn't see any instructions for that).
I know that when 1.1.3 beta was distributed as a zip file, you did need to delete the old version's directories first. I made that mistake, just unzipped the 1.1.3 stuff, and the old ship was there at the same co-ordinates as in 1.1.2 (north of the small city). This is because the new "template" directory only contains the chunk regions that it needs, so the chunk regions from the old map just stayed there and got picked up.

Did you install 1.1.3 from the launcher? If so, there's a big problem with the update process!
...what's the best/proper way to upgrade to 1.1.3 so I'm not on an old map with waypoints and structures from the beta?
I'd be inclined to delete everything in the crashlanding directory and re-download the pack from scratch.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I used the FTB installer, so I guess I should go through and blow it all away and start over next time I die. Thanks! For now, I'll try to explore in the opposite direction. I won't use the ship, but the other buildings should be fair game, right?

I know that when 1.1.3 beta was distributed as a zip file, you did need to delete the old version's directories first. I made that mistake, just unzipped the 1.1.3 stuff, and the old ship was there at the same co-ordinates as in 1.1.2 (north of the small city). This is because the new "template" directory only contains the chunk regions that it needs, so the chunk regions from the old map just stayed there and got picked up.

Did you install 1.1.3 from the launcher? If so, there's a big problem with the update process!

I'd be inclined to delete everything in the crashlanding directory and re-download the pack from scratch.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Yeah, I used the FTB installer, so I guess I should go through and blow it all away and start over next time I die. Thanks! For now, I'll try to explore in the opposite direction. I won't use the ship, but the other buildings should be fair game, right?
Depends where they are - if they match up to the waypoints that you set in 1.1.2 then they will be from that version and will not match the design of buildings in 1.1.3, but I don't think that that really matters as the new buildings aren't significantly more dangerous than the new ones.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Depends where they are - if they match up to the waypoints that you set in 1.1.2 then they will be from that version and will not match the design of buildings in 1.1.3, but I don't think that that really matters as the new buildings aren't significantly more dangerous than the new ones.

They're waypoints from the 1.1.3 beta... I didn't try them all; at least one of them is in the new 10-block deeper dust zone, so I wonder if it's completely buried. Might be an interesting project, digging up that town...

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Something is wrong with mob spawning in 1.1.3. I started a new map and had dug out some of the dust under my starting structure, and a spider spawned there while I was working upstairs, despite me being too close for that to normally be possible.

It was a Tough Spider. I could not kill it, because Tough Spiders are ridiculous and take like 1 damage from each needle.

nuker22110

Jul 29, 2019
if i shouldnt use the ftb launcher to update the game, how do i update it? also where can i get the 1.1.3 server? the option is greyed out in ftb launcher

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
An update:

I visited several of my 1.1.3 beta waypoints in my 1.1.3 game and several of the structures still existed, but some did not. I eventually enabled waypoint teleporting and then promptly died on the VERY FIRST waypoint I teleported to when it put me inside a structure (or way up high, or in the void, I couldn't read the death note in time). That'll teach me for cheating!

So, since I died, I blew away my entire CrashLanding director and re-launched via FTB. The launcher re-downloaded 1.1.3 and I started a new game. This time, all of my 1.1.3 beta waypoints were gone.

I forgot to install InGameInfo, anyone else here using that with 1.1.3?

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Nooooooooouuu.... Not the soy... I can't kill those harmless creatures to eat their meat....

It broke my auto feeder (Actually just make my auto farm and cooking harder)

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I recall reading something several pages back about possibly nerfing/eliminating the villagers who trade one emerald for a full stack of awesome food. I didn't notice anything about that on the faq, just curious if any changes were made there.