[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Tabris

Jul 29, 2019
And seeing @Henry Link's post i most say... I just started playing, began with 1.1.3 Beta 2 and i'm amazed with the way this mod changes the game, i also like the idea of the setting, stuff like salvaging and etc. I might make some fan art in the future if i have time because i find it very inspiring.

Last edited:

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
And seeing @Henry Link's post i most say... I just started playing, began with 1.1.3 Beta 2 and i'm amazed with the way this mod changes the game, i also like the idea of the setting, stuff like salvaging and etc. I might make some fan art in the future if i have time because i find it very inspiring.

That's a good point -- I've found myself drawing a bit from this in this year's nanowrimo novel...

Reactions: Shane2482

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Just started 1.3... Is it just me or is the first day going by more quickly than in prior versions? I didn't get as much done on day 1 as I usually do...

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Just started 1.3... Is it just me or is the first day going by more quickly than in prior versions? I didn't get as much done on day 1 as I usually do...

You not joking!! it wasn't even a full min before night fell. Before I was able to get about 3-4 stack of dust, plug the hole in the engine leak(Pyrotheum), and plant my first tree before the first night.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Were those map changes present on the betas or do i need to start again to get them?
The only changes between the beta map and the new official map is the terrain height I tried to use a mod to help with bats but it broke too many things so I made the terrain height 74 this way bats only spawn in the deepest builds.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

You not joking!! it wasn't even a full min before night fell. Before I was able to get about 3-4 stack of dust, plug the hole in the engine leak(Pyrotheum), and plant my first tree before the first night.
You know I'm really not sure it's been so long since I played through the early game but it should be spawning you at noon time. I'll double check to make sure the time isn’t off, but if this is the case there’s not much I can do I right now, fortunately this shouldn’t be too much of a prob for most but if it does become a prob then I’ll see about posting a fix.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
@Shane2482 Very COOL! Thanks for taking this project over and keeping it up to date.
That's a good point -- I've found myself drawing a bit from this in this year's nanowrimo novel...

Thank you and everybody else for supporting me in taking over this pack. I’m glad that others have gotten inspiration from this pack the same as I have.

As to the salvaging and etc. that was added to 113 to get things started for the end game so be ready to go looking for special salvage to finish the pack in 114.

Reactions: loboca

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
For endgame I'd like either rebuilding the ship or something you can use to terraform the planet and repopulate... SAVE THE WORLD!!!

EDIT: is wheat possible? and how do I get it?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I managed to dig and build a trench and wall around the main body of the ship before the end of the first day.
Grow some grass (sieve dirt for grass seeds), let it spread, and right-click some of the grass with a mattock (always leaving at least one to spread, and make sure there is no water near), and you have a chance (1% I think) to get a grass seed.

Last edited:

noah4

Jul 29, 2019
Grow some grass (sieve dirt for grass seeds), let it spread, and right-click some of the grass with a mattock (always leaving at least one to spread, and make sure there is no water near), and you have a chance (1% I think) to get a grass seed.

To add to this, make sure you get a watering can to speed up the process of the grass spreading.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Got wheat 3sec after asking that;) is Spice Leaf from breaking grass or the mattock thing?

Still got my watering can so I'll make sure not to lose it!!!

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
For endgame I'd like either rebuilding the ship or something you can use to terraform the planet and repopulate... SAVE THE WORLD!!!

I managed to dig and build a trench and wall around the main body of the ship before the end of the first day.

Seeds now in 113 if you can find a farm you will have a chance to get almost any seed in the game including wheat.

ScottulusMaximus end game you are close but not quite on one of your ideas not saying which you all will just have to wait and see what it is.

PhilHibbs glad the time isnt too bad

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Besides finding a farm, is spice leaf from breaking tall grass or mattocking grass block?

Ummmmmm my mattock just broke and disappeared instead of letting me repair it????

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Besides finding a farm, is spice leaf from breaking tall grass or mattocking grass block?

Ummmmmm my mattock just broke and disappeared instead of letting me repair it????
I cant remember where all the seeds come from best to just do both as to the mattock breaking that is a bug with Tcon that i cant fix. In the future repair befor it breaks for now you can use NEI to go into cheat mode so you can get the parts to make a new one

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Watering Can recipe hasnt changed theres 2 recipes for it one is peaceful mode only and doesnt require any bonemeal the other will work in any mode but it needs bonemeal
When I click on the first watering can icon in NEI, I only get the info screen, not the recipe screen, so I assumed it's not got a recipe. I just assumed that the watering can was disabled deliberately, as I feel it makes the map too easy. I think I'll play without one.
I cant remember where all the seeds come from best to just do both as to the mattock breaking that is a bug with Tcon that i cant fix. In the future repair befor it breaks for now you can use NEI to go into cheat mode so you can get the parts to make a new one
I thought NEI cheat mode was disabled. It appears to be in cheat mode, as it always is when you start a new world, but clicking brings up the recipe instead of giving items. I assumed that this was enforced by the lockdown mod.
You pressed the right-click button too hard.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
A spiceleaf plant pops up when you bonemeal on grass blocks if anyone is interested...

Oh and you utter utter "you know what", changing hunger overhaul from 18 to 24!!!

I hope you were joking about the right click too hard thing btw

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
When I click on the first watering can icon in NEI, I only get the info screen, not the recipe screen, so I assumed it's not got a recipe. I just assumed that the watering can was disabled deliberately, as I feel it makes the map too easy. I think I'll play without one.

I thought NEI cheat mode was disabled. It appears to be in cheat mode, as it always is when you start a new world, but clicking brings up the recipe instead of giving items. I assumed that this was enforced by the lockdown mod.

You pressed the right-click button too hard.
In NEI thers 3 watering cans, watering can,watering can(full),watering can(Broken) recipe only shows for watering can. But to get the others take watering can right click on water to get watering can(full) place watering can(full)into autonomous activator to get watering can(Broken) broken i think still works but at 10% efficiency so maybe since you dont like the watering can a watering can(Broken) would be better for you or would that be too easy :D

As to changing NEI you must first change the Global button in the top right to World befor changing your settings this is a great way to fix bugs that pop up in Hardcore worlds so long as ppl dont use it to flat out cheat