Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why everyone is going "OMG 1.0.2!!! MUST HAB NAO!" It is not the recommended version for a reason and from what I've seen posted about it so far, it doesn't really update anything (still uses the buggy version of aromabackup for one) and breaks more than it fixes.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why everyone is going "OMG 1.0.2!!! MUST HAB NAO!" It is not the recommended version for a reason and from what I've seen posted about it so far, it doesn't really update anything (still uses the buggy version of aromabackup for one) and breaks more than it fixes.

As far back as I can remember, FTB launcher only seems to give us a "Recommended" version change for odd-numbered updates and I never understood that. Since I refuse to believe they would release a version not ready for play, I tend to ignore the "Recommended" feature and upgrade as soon as I can.

One thing I noticed after upgrading to 1.0.2 is that all my AE2 hard drives suddenly increased how many bytes were being stored. Same number of materials on the drives, but I had one 64k drive that showed 85k of materials stored on it! LOL Needless to say I immediately used the ME IO Port to move the items to other drives, but that sure was weird. And like I said, all the drives available space decreased. The thing is, I have no idea if this was a previous bug in AE2 that is now fixed, or if something has occurred that has caused a new bug. :eek:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Best thing to do about power is to get a 5x5 Big Reactor up as soon as possible since by the time you get it you can forget about power generation for a long while.
Big Reactors lets me completely skip pumping lava for power. I just used 4 EnderIO generators while I got the reactor set up. Since you can craft cyanite from yellorium + sand, I want straight for actively cooled with a 7x7x16 turbine (80 blades, 3 full coils with room for 1 more). I started with electrum coils until I could get enough enderpearls to make enderium. I just finished using some of the reclaimed electrum to make flux-infused armor, including the jet pack from Simply Jetpacks.

I notice that a lot of TE recipes now need silver in the mix. With an enderman spawner up & running, silver & redstone are what I have to keep going out for. I think it is time to put the ender quarry on my projects list.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Is there any advantage to moving to BR turbines instead of just staying with your BR?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Still getting used to this not being Monster.

I added mimicry and magical crops (because I lubs them), but the lack of portalgun* means I need more than one ender pearl as feed stock for my ender production line :/

*Monster crossmod exploit 101, use the mimicry/portalgun recipe of 1 ender pearl + 1 mimichite to make 1.8 ender pearls.

Now imma have to actually get 4 pearls and make myself ender seeds.

It's a hard life.

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a mass storage device available to carry round with you? Got a 22 speed Hammer with silk touch and i want all that juicy stone without filling up my golden bags of holding for ores and rares..

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Anyone know of a mass storage device available to carry round with you? Got a 22 speed Hammer with silk touch and i want all that juicy stone without filling up my golden bags of holding for ores and rares..

I use an ender pouch linked to an ender chest hooked up to my ME storage system. I haven't set up auto ore processing yet this world, but it is on my to do list. That said, if it is just the stone getting in the way, the deep storage units keep their inventory when picked up, but you have to put it down to fill it.

Reactions: asb3pe

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
So, why is 1.0.2 so fucking buggy? I can't even create a world with a starter chest without it crashing the crap out of me xD

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I've made one mystcraft world, and it was a mess. So I left, then I threw the descriptive book into a trashcan deleting it. I made a new world, and when I spawned in I crashed immediately. I've reopened the save multiple times, and all I can see around me is a field of obsidian, and I may be in a crater of obsidian. But then it crashes immediately.

So I have put the log onto pastebin, and if anyone could help me figure out how to fix this problem then it would be much appreciated! It is stopping me from playing on my world :( And my last backup was at 11 am this morning, so I'd really love it if I wouldn't have to roll back to that.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/VdChsTsh

Jul 29, 2019
I use an ender pouch linked to an ender chest hooked up to my ME storage system. I haven't set up auto ore processing yet this world, but it is on my to do list. That said, if it is just the stone getting in the way, the deep storage units keep their inventory when picked up, but you have to put it down to fill it.
I was thinking DSU, which i dont mind placing and pickin up, but I realise i cant afford the enderpearls for it, so converted all of my ghast tears to pearls and used them to find a stronghold, pretty sure i can kill the dragon with a infinity power 5 bow in ghast form (more hp than bat).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I was thinking DSU, which i dont mind placing and pickin up, but I realise i cant afford the enderpearls for it, so converted all of my ghast tears to pearls and used them to find a stronghold, pretty sure i can kill the dragon with a infinity power 5 bow in ghast form (more hp than bat).

Mac's suggestion works to perfection and its very easy to setup and implement. I always have exactly such an Ender Pouch linked directly into my AE2 storage network, when my inventory fills up, I just open the pouch and shift-click everything into it, then keep right on going with hardly any time lost whatsoever. In fact, the worst part of "early game" for me is when I don't have this setup going yet (because Ender Pouch and Ender Chest requires enderpearls which can take a little while to acquire), and its never-ending trips back to base to empty my stuff out. That's aggravating.

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I've made one mystcraft world, and it was a mess. So I left, then I threw the descriptive book into a trashcan deleting it. I made a new world, and when I spawned in I crashed immediately. I've reopened the save multiple times, and all I can see around me is a field of obsidian, and I may be in a crater of obsidian. But then it crashes immediately.

So I have put the log onto pastebin, and if anyone could help me figure out how to fix this problem then it would be much appreciated! It is stopping me from playing on my world :( And my last backup was at 11 am this morning, so I'd really love it if I wouldn't have to roll back to that.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/VdChsTsh
I think that's the wrong log. The correct crash log should be at C:\FTB\direwolf20_17\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2014-11-18_15.33.34-server.txt

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong log. The correct crash log will be at C:\FTB\direwolf20_17\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2014-11-18_15.33.34-server.txt
Backup first. You can always manually delete the dimension in your saves folder and you should appear at spawn when you log in.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
JABBA barrel on a dolly will work just put in a golden bag of holding to remove the debuff you would neen to upgrade it a little to get a decent storage space

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if compatibility between MFR Planter and Extra Utilities Ender-Lily seeds was removed? It was supposed to have worked at one point but I can't get a planter to plant on end stone. Exact same setup works fine with seed/dirt.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Wasps can fly too and have the full 10 hearts of health. Not too hard to find a wasp's nest in the nether...

Having said that, any kind of flight makes the dragon encounter extremely easy. Dodging it is not difficult at all, and your bow should kill it pretty fast.

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
Best guess: use Java 7 instead of 8 or reinstall Java. Or delete the pack and redownload a clean version off the launcher.

No dice. I ran java 7 (latest) before, thought it might be the problem, switched to java 8.

You're using Java 8u25, and you have the PermSize tag in your JVM arguments. Java 8 removed Permgen features, so that argument no longer does anything. I doubt taking that out will fix your crash, since Java is supposed to just ignore the tag now, but you can try it. Sorry, I'm not very good at interpreting crash logs, but I figured I'd at least mention that, lol.

I run j8u11 (found here) and I stopped using all java arguments completely. I simply check the "Use Optimization Arguments for fast computers" box and set the RAM slider to the lowest value that will work. When I run without resource packs, I think I can set it at 3.0 GB and Direwolf 1.7 runs fine, but when I use my preferred Sphax resources pack, I have to set it at 6.0 GB minimum and I'm actually using 7 GB just to be safe. I have a lot of RAM obv... but the point is, I think the need for java arguments is overrated and causes confusion (as seen here). And with j8, I've been able to use (literally) an unlimited amount of RAM without any obvious side effects like herky/jerky lag during java garbage collection. Using j7 and playing some 1.6 modpacks I had a lot of that GC lag.

I don't think you people know how AGITATING it is to find that someone explained they fixed this problem, but they don't explain how to fix this problem.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
I'm running on Linux Mint 17 (64-bit, 8GB RAM), and have tried both Java 7u65 and 8u25. 7u65 was terrible - FPS drops, lag spikes, I couldn't play the game for more than 30 minutes without needing to restart. 8u25 is way better - not 100% perfect, the occasional restart is still needed, but it's very playable now.

Code:
[10:02:01] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:240: Setting MinMemory to 256
[10:02:01] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:242: Setting MaxMemory to 4096
[10:02:01] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:103: Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[10:02:01] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:124: Additional java parameters: -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=10 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

Those options are left in since I was messing around with 7u65 - they didn't help there, but I haven't gotten around to removing them since updating Java. Not sure how much of an effect they're having at this point.

BTW, I'm still using JourneyMap, although some features (mob radar & web interface in particular) are disabled.