Werewolf-Little Town of Helyr [GAME THREAD]

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
The doc does not explain that, btw.
If you check the one I posted in my endgame post, there's a column for insanity win conditions, which shows if people gained special conditions or switched sides.

Hey hey hey

I was insane? Why did noone tell me this?
You didn't think you were coming back from the dead for free did you?

The same reason i wasnt told that i was insane, i guess.
Exactly. The Seer and Retributionist had insanity effects that would be pointless if you were informed of them. To be fair SpwnX, the only reading you were insane for was chbachman-everyone else you got :p

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I mean that the docs dont have a detailed walkthrough of the game, thus many info is missing.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I mean that the docs dont have a detailed walkthrough of the game, thus many info is missing.
Did you want a night by night playthrough?

How insanity works and what it does was always intended to be kept a secret to prevent people from gaming the system.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
RJS, I warned you. I WARNED YOU. Hidden rules etc etc :p

Looking forward to your next insanity attack, but lemme help you tweak the mechanics next time so that ppl like SpwnX (and myself) can't bitch and complain.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I personally dislike hidden mechanics and rules.

Mechanics and rules are meant to be fully understood and engineered upon, to obtain best results, always.

Reactions: Pyure

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I personally dislike hidden mechanics and rules.

Mechanics and rules are meant to be fully understood and engineered upon, to obtain best results, always.
But that's too...sane. :p

And you should have seen goreae's game :p

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
If you really want to keep it a secret, just explain them after the game, so the game has a reasoning, instead of "what happened and why" chaos that is left over.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
If you really want to keep it a secret, just explain them after the game, so the game has a reasoning, instead of "what happened and why" chaos that is left over.
Basically, everyone had a starting sanity. The deaths of people on your team lowered that sanity, and in addition, the presence of the cult passively lowered that sanity every day. Once that sanity fell to zero, people became insane and gained their new insanity abilities/win conditions. People discovered when they went insane if there was a) a major change to how their character functioned (e.g. gain or loss of abilities, change of win conditions) and b) informing them did not undermine the changes (hence why you were never told you were insane.)

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I see, now those are things that the doc failed to explain.
And with walkthrough i meant detailed night per night steps, as in how much sanity is left for ppl in the end of every night, so their actions is more or less justified.
However, i'm not bothering much about it. I won, understood most of the game and thats enough for me, i guess.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Basically, everyone had a starting sanity. The deaths of people on your team lowered that sanity, and in addition, the presence of the cult passively lowered that sanity every day. Once that sanity fell to zero, people became insane and gained their new insanity abilities/win conditions. People discovered when they went insane if there was a) a major change to how their character functioned (e.g. gain or loss of abilities, change of win conditions) and b) informing them did not undermine the changes (hence why you were never told you were insane.)
I think that's cool man, especially now that I know all that stuff was going on. Sadly I never actually witnessed any of that going on myself, it was just a typical werewolf game for me where peeps' rules seemed to shift around and nobody seemed to know what those rules were or how to progress.

I think that now that you've done a testrun you can expand, refine, streamline and improve it for next time, and I'll be the first to sign up :)

I have "ideas."