ModMyMC Official Launch

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
mSUq7In.png

For a long time now the most active thread on the FTB forums has been "What's new in modded minecraft today?" which lets the community come together and post all the latest news in the world of modded Minecraft. We want to help make this information easier to access for everyone.

To achieve this we have created ModMyMC. We hope that ModMyMC will be a community driven project operating totally separately from FTB. A team of editors will be created with the task of taking community news updates and picking out the most informative ones. They will then be formatted and posted on our new Twitter account @ModMyMC, to the forums and hopefully in time directly onto the FTB launcher. Editors will initially be chosen by us but after the initial editors are in place I hope for them to operate totally independently of the FTB team. We think that the community is doing a fantastic job already and my aim with this project is to enable you to make it even better.

Initially the main types of stories we aim to cover are:

Mod Updates
New Mods
Critical Bugs
Utilities
Pack Release
Pack Updates
Map Releases

If you want to see other topics covered just let us know and we will see what we can do. We have people already lined up for the ModMyMC Editor positions and we will be contacting them over the next few days to confirm their interest.

Be sure to check out our new forums and twitter account, I hope to see you all taking part soon!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
For pack releases does this also account for 3rd party packs or will it be for main packs only?
If you allow 3rd party packs could I suggest there be a way for pack devs to release their changelogs as and when, and update what they are working on, like a mini blog?

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
For pack releases does this also account for 3rd party packs or will it be for main packs only?
If you allow 3rd party packs could I suggest there be a way for pack devs to release their changelogs as and when, and update what they are working on, like a mini blog?
Sure, anyone can post updates using this form so if that is something mod/modpack authors wanted to do then they could do that for sure. Third party modpacks are included but I would say they would at least need to be listed in the main modpack list on our launcher or equivalent on other launchers. Side-note: this isn't just for our modpacks, anything that is news in the modded community is in.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I think this should totally have a personal column or something similar for promoting unlisted 3rd party packs, Although I can't see how that could currently be worked into a twitter account.

Maybe modpack reviews? I'm sure that would be a good way of spreading awareness of unlisted packs, and also get some level of quality measurement.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I think this should totally have a personal column or something similar for promoting unlisted 3rd party packs, Although I can't see how that could currently be worked into a twitter account.

Maybe modpack reviews? I'm sure that would be a good way of spreading awareness of unlisted packs, and also get some level of quality measurement.
I agree with this as well.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Why is there no "double, triple ultra mega like" button?

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
If anything, I'm just wondering who would have the time to do it, I reckon that you'd need at least a few days of good playing before you can write a good review, and I'm not sure if people have that amount of time.
Maybe have multiple reviewers who take turns, say, two or three people play a pack over a period of a week, and then give their reviews? And what if modpackers make an update to their pack, that may significantly alter their review score if they get re-reviewed. and should they do the same amount of playing for a repeat?

These are questions worth considering if you plan on making this a reality. However, I think small articles of modpack reviews would be pretty cool, and I'd love to see how the community would react to that idea.

Utopiaman

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I was thinking if you are going to do reviews and wanted to do follow up reviews they should cover what has changed and possibly use backups from certain key points in modpacks that provide good bases to cover whats new etc so it would be easy to re-review/cover updates

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Yes I was thinking if you are going to do reviews and wanted to do follow up reviews they should cover what has changed and possibly use backups from certain key points in modpacks that provide good bases to cover whats new etc so it would be easy to re-review/cover updates
Yes. I agree.

I would, once again, be perfectly willing to do this.

Reactions: Utopiaman

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Very interesting. I am going to just watch this, but not participate. I will be that one guy who just brings popcorn to every events and sees what happens.