Even more 1.7.10 update stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Stuff is happening on 1.7 after forge 1.8 released :p

It's pretty common for them to be a version behind. Some modders jump ahead and push versions for the latest MC, others lag behind since they know they'll be working in a static MC environment and not having to deal with pushing a .1 version that finishes by the time Mojang has rolled it up to .3.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Can i expect some issues if i add Pam's harvestcraft and bibliocraft in MagicQuest pack?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Can i expect some issues if i add Pam's harvestcraft and bibliocraft in MagicQuest pack?

Bibliocraft should be fine in any pack, and Harvestcraft should be fine, though you may need to go over the configuration file of Harvestcraft to change some configurations

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've come across an issue with FTB Lite 3: crafting the TE induction smelter requires invar, but you need the smelter to get invar, unless there's some other way to get invar in this pack (that's not listed on NEI).

matthijsvdmeulen

Jul 29, 2019
I've come across an issue with FTB Lite 3: crafting the TE induction smelter requires invar, but you need the smelter to get invar, unless there's some other way to get invar in this pack (that's not listed on NEI).
Pulverise ferrous and iron, combine the dusts, and you have invar, try clicking the arrows in NEI, it does show it

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Pulverise ferrous and iron, combine the dusts, and you have invar, try clicking the arrows in NEI, it does show it

Thanks - was only looking at ingots in NEI, didn't think of dusts.[DOUBLEPOST=1414602090,1414417415][/DOUBLEPOST]Found another (possibly real this time!!) issue. Vanilla cake is uncraftable. Cake does show up in NEI, but the top three slots in the recipe display a chequered pattern, rather than buckets of milk.

EDIT: Just realised this is not the place to post any bugs or issues and there's already a few bug reports relating to this issue anyway.

Last edited:

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks - was only looking at ingots in NEI, didn't think of dusts.[DOUBLEPOST=1414602090,1414417415][/DOUBLEPOST]Found another (possibly real this time!!) issue. Vanilla cake is uncraftable. Cake does show up in NEI, but the top three slots in the recipe display a chequered pattern, rather than buckets of milk.

Are you sure it's uncraftable, or just a display issue (that checker pattern is a minecraft default when something doesn't have a texture defined). I noticed the same thing in another 1.7.10 pack when looking at the cake recipe, but when I looked up uses for milk it showed up correctly.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be uncraftable and showing up wrong in NEI ...

CUi7vTu.png

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
A user has just updated the wiki page http://ftbwiki.org/Dimension and it got me thinking that maybe there are people here, like Jadedcat (I know - we all like Jadedcat) that can help make it more complete. The list was done by a DW20 player so there may be mods that are not listed. My thinking is that dimensions must be "reserved" in some fashion like block id's so a pack author may have some info. Thanks, I hope you can help

Reactions: ostPavel

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
A user has just updated the wiki page http://ftbwiki.org/Dimension and it got me thinking that maybe there are people here, like Jadedcat (I know - we all like Jadedcat) that can help make it more complete. The list was done by a DW20 player so there may be mods that are not listed. My thinking is that dimensions must be "reserved" in some fashion like block id's so a pack author may have some info. Thanks, I hope you can help

I only do stuff on the official wiki. http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks - I'll have a look to see what info is there that can be ported over. It is a bit confusing "ftbwiki.org" "feed-the-beast.wikia.com" and "wikia.feed-the-beast.com" there may be more and everything SEEMS to be "official". Now that I know it is where you update I have book marked your link and will make that my research destination. Thanks again.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks - I'll have a look to see what info is there that can be ported over. It is a bit confusing "ftbwiki.org" "feed-the-beast.wikia.com" and "wikia.feed-the-beast.com" there may be more and everything SEEMS to be "official". Now that I know it is where you update I have book marked your link and will make that my research destination. Thanks again.

Its also linked at the top of the website :p

Reactions: SatanicSanta

ostPavel

Jul 29, 2019

Hey! I am an admin of ftbwiki.org.
I have 3 things to tell:
-We clearly mention that we are an unofficial wiki (I think it's in the logo, which is displayed at every page). Oh, and wikia is dead, blame wikia's high page rank for still popping up during search.
-If by porting content you mean copying, neither ftbwiki.org staff nor wiki.feed-the-beast.com staff tolerates that :p
-Come to the dark side, we have cookies and atlwiki.net

Reactions: DeathOfTime

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Lite 3: I've noticed that NEI shows that you can get shiny by pulverising shiny ore (as well as 10% chance from pulverising ferrous). Is shiny ore part of the world generation? I've never come across it and I've done quite a bit of mining so far.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
It is definitely not in ftb lite. But maybe it's available in the ore gen configs.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Okay - thanks. Was just wondering really since it popped up in NEI.

I'd prefer to stay with JadedCat's configs for balance even though I've only got one solitary piece of pulverised shiny so far :(

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Here's the best way to get shiny.... silk pick Redstone and grind it up in the pulverizer. Then use cinnabon with ferrous in a TE induction furnace.

GantradiesDracos

Jul 29, 2019
hey, i was wondering, any news on the new Tech pack(s)? lotta the stuff in TW2 is heavily outdated/ compatibility broken due to careless patching, and there hasn't been any news in a while :p

Status
Not open for further replies.