Mech's FTB Ultimate Biofuel Energy Base

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Now I'm not sure if that worked as my post landed on the next page. XD

Yeah it does, I think if it isn't broken up then my post would just be appended to the previous page.
Not sure how to stop the double posting thing, it's annoying because when I'm posting screenshots then the thread starts getting pic-intensive.[DOUBLEPOST=1414843200,1414797437][/DOUBLEPOST]Update on the progress, I've spent time hooking up all the Applied Energistics stuff. All the autosmelting/pulverising is done and the M.A.C. is hooked up to the system, and there's no power issues whatsoever because now the network is hooked up directly to the industrial steam engine array.

1M5KdUZ.png

The Factorization solar array is finished now, I've settled for a double-layer setup because already it's just overkill for my intents and purposes:

D0OwDDB.png

Installed an second fermenter and a second still to the biofuel factory, and it's already producing excess biomass and biofuel. The golden transport pipes you see is my design idea for automatic sugarcane delivery to the fermenters (basically a spiral of pipes that passes over each fermenter and drops the goods in).

nCBkdp1.png

And been doing some bees and trees as a side project:

pYnXMV6.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1414909933][/DOUBLEPOST]I decided to play around with some of the Xycraft blocks for decoration, and came up with the idea for using these blocks for colour-coding the different factory levels.
Green engineering blocks and inverted lights signify the biofuel production level, and then red ones work great for the power production level.

nW6cB36.png

Reactions: CarbonBasedGhost

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
They just did the coloured lights to differentiate the floors.
Heh remember having to do that on a 1.4.7 server, because the other people on the server kept getting helplessly lost in my base :p

Installed an second fermenter and a second still to the biofuel factory, and it's already producing excess biomass and biofuel.
The Fermenter/Still ratio is not really 1:1. You would benefit a lot more from making a lot of stills per fermenter. Think you with basic saplings/crops etc. would want a ratio of around 1 Fermenter to 10-11 Stills if I recall. Varying a lot on kind of items/fluid used ofc.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Heh remember having to do that on a 1.4.7 server, because the other people on the server kept getting helplessly lost in my base :p

The Fermenter/Still ratio is not really 1:1. You would benefit a lot more from making a lot of stills per fermenter. Think you with basic saplings/crops etc. would want a ratio of around 1 Fermenter to 10-11 Stills if I recall. Varying a lot on kind of items/fluid used ofc.

Yeah that's true, what I might eventually do is run extra MJ power to the stills (with extra biogas engines or maybe redstone conduits) to balance things a bit more. I do need excess biomass production to power the factory so it's not a bad thing that there's more biomass than biofuel, but yeah the stills will need more power eventually.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:

Progress might be slow over the next week or so because I'm running dry on design inspiration and a lot of the high-priority stuff on the to-do list is already ticked off.
Plenty of things left to do though, I want to automate more stuff and do a lot more work on the factory, and since this map is my 'perfect world' project, ideally I don't want to drop it in favour of something else for a very long time.
I've been working on the bees & trees lately and already got industrious and imperial bees, and I've got edenic bees (the ones that give you xp) in my missile lock. But since I want 25 edenic queens, it may take some time....

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Been doing more bee and tree progress, I've got walnut trees now. Bees include sinister, fiendish, demonic, frugal, and so now I'm aiming to get 25 austeres.
Once I have 25 austeres, it'll be relatively simple to get the exotics and then the edenics, which will give tonnes of xp.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap you made a lot of progress.0_o

Haha thanks, it's been going pretty smoothly.
There was a little snag with the austere breeding when the first one I got literally blew my butt up in one hit (even despite 18 armor points) and threw some stuff into a cactus, so I may have to hold off on the austeres until I get an apiarist's suit lol
Nothing major lost, just my pants and some random inventory stuff that mustn't have been important.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I found a really good shortcut that allows me to bypass most stages of the bee breeding process to reach the edenics. I'm using just two sets of bees to make a beeline (geddit) for the edenics by breeding from the austeres, and then once I've got pure edenics then it's just a matter of making a crap tonne of drones, and then use those to convert other princesses directly to edenics.

Already got the exotics, so I may reach the edenics much faster than I anticipated:

2698ka7.png

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:

After a few hours of work all the Edenics are done, I've got 24 pures now lol (but I could easy go 30 or more no problem)
I settled for 24 because the bees need a clear view to the sky until I make them Nocturnal and couldn't find any good areas that would fit a 5x5 apiary setup.
I timed how long it takes to get to 30 enchanting levels and it's about 35 seconds, so it's much faster than any mob grinder. And you can afk!

lW4Db2Y.png

NuKJxBQ.png