The Chronicles of a FTB Neophyte

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
I think that might be Meteorcraft if it's enabled. Blood Magic meteors have to be called down. Ritual of the Falling Tower I believe.

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to also.

New update! Let's jump right in.

I did a little exploring in the twilight. When I came into it though, a creeper blew up right where I came out. The portal broke. I had to find a diamond to made a new one.
W9g1JSm.png

Found this maze thing, but there wasn't any good loot.

8xen81Z.png

Yay!

dtAc3g7.png

All fixed up now.

BWmevn5.png

I set up a well of suffering above my altar.

h8XOKjb.png

A wisp! What does it mean? Do I have a lot of flux in the area?

WXtWALj.png

Yup, it's working.

0PMqTcj.png

These guys are the reason I put the fence up.

dp46PfJ.png

My plans for the farm. The clay blocks will be cursed earth and the wood block will be spawners/

K2ScRwG.png

I ended up taking out the top layer of the farm. It was not necessary. If I need to I will put in some spawners, most likely if I need a certain mob drop. Also, dark glass is expensive! I had to go out into the ocean at least 5 times to farm ink sacs. I had to capture some sheepies aswell to get wool.

pHAltG3.png

I died, multiple times. I wanted to put in some drawbridges with glowstone to light the room up. It didn't go well. I ended up just letting all the cursed earth burn. I lost my sigils to the fires, but that is all.

KM6Srkx.png

All fixed up.

Ys1hcVG.png

QYWtpZw.png

With and without the lights.

nd6oBPV.png

Simple vanilla redstone.

IZRTk9q.png

Wow, chunk loaders look phenomenal!

All that's left to do is build a hotel around it.

One more thing, what is the best way to collect the items? I don't want to use hopper minecarts and I imagine there is something from the mods that can put items through blocks. Let me know what the best option is!

World download if anyone wants it.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tn53wxu9p3gcjhq/Hazard's_Neophyte_World.zip

Thanks for reading!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Magic trick, is to either install the lights first, and connect them with MFR cable or Red Alloy Wire, so you can flip them on and off with a lever. Use inverted ones to ensure they stay on even if you lose the signal. Then lay down the earth.

Advanced Item Collectors are the best option, or failing those, microblock slabs around the edges and Vacuum Hoppers so they pull the item though the half block space.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at the item collectors when I was first wondering what to get the items with. Seems like the best solution to me.

Yeah, I should have put the lights in first. That would have made this a whole lot easier.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Time for another smaller update, but one I am super excited about.

More blood magic, yeah, I know, but I couldn't help myself.
ka2TWXL.png

Rp3sRFu.png

EA336yV.png

Don't mind me, just making a few master blood orbs...

rbHA0ES.png

Why?! What did I do to anger them and how do they keep getting into my storage!

hrWwCSh.png

Still not fully fixed.

TjXo1ib.png

Look at me, so poor.

3tjUhIX.png

I bet you can guess that this means.

8pXP0Vs.png

LbjArKi.gif

GdchI1p.png

This is literally the best thing ever.

I spent 15 minutes just running around. Right now I have an air sigil (no fall damage) Divination sigil (night vision), Sanguine Helmet, (acts as goggles of reveling) and the sigil of haste, my current favorite. I can run up a full block, jump 3 and I just move SO fast! I'm so stoked about this, I also get the added bonus of never taking damage! :p

Please let me know if you like these mini updates. Or if you would rather me do a bigger update when I have something big to show you. However it might be a longer time between updates if I do that.

Next time on The Chronicles of a FTB Neophyte:
ttXkkZK.png

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Suggestion. Use F7 to find out where the creepers are spawning. Then lay down a ring of Paving stones of warding around the building to keep them out.

Also, you should totally survive a point blank blast with full blood armor.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Time for another smaller update, but one I am super excited about.

More blood magic, yeah, I know, but I couldn't help myself.
ka2TWXL.png

Rp3sRFu.png

EA336yV.png

Don't mind me, just making a few master blood orbs...

rbHA0ES.png

Why?! What did I do to anger them and how do they keep getting into my storage!

hrWwCSh.png

Still not fully fixed.

TjXo1ib.png

Look at me, so poor.

3tjUhIX.png

I bet you can guess that this means.

8pXP0Vs.png

LbjArKi.gif

GdchI1p.png

This is literally the best thing ever.

I spent 15 minutes just running around. Right now I have an air sigil (no fall damage) Divination sigil (night vision), Sanguine Helmet, (acts as goggles of reveling) and the sigil of haste, my current favorite. I can run up a full block, jump 3 and I just move SO fast! I'm so stoked about this, I also get the added bonus of never taking damage! :p

Please let me know if you like these mini updates. Or if you would rather me do a bigger update when I have something big to show you. However it might be a longer time between updates if I do that.

ttXkkZK.png
It would be a sin if I didn't like this post

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion. Use F7 to find out where the creepers are spawning. Then lay down a ring of Paving stones of warding around the building to keep them out.

Also, you should totally survive a point blank blast with full blood armor.

I found out where they are getting in. I will show it in the next update.

Also, it's not that I can't take the blast, it's that all my chests are blown to bits. For that last screenshot, I paused the game and took it, then I resumed and ran, he didn't even know what happened.

It would be a sin if I didn't like this post

Aww, thanks. :D

My vote is on more smaller updates.

It's not just that I would have more small updates or fewer bigger updates, I just want to make sure you guys are happy with these smaller ones.

There will still be big updates, however if I have content that I can post, not anything major, but interesting enough for an update I will post. I hope that makes sense.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah. I had that problem with the chests, then I started using strongboxes instead. A little more expensive on tin, but indestructible. For those things that they're not good for, I've taken to putting them up in the air so I have to stand directly below them to access them. That way even if a creeper does go off, chances are it's not going to pop the chest. A little annoying, but worth it.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've made some progress.

TsArPMG.png

I have constructed The Tunnels. I wanted to use Etho's design he had in the last season of Crackpack, but I didn't want to copy it straight from the video, so this is what I came up with.

XJLEOWQ.png

I imagine them being like the tunnels that the employees at Disney world use to get around. (hiddenmickeys) The elevator block there in the floor leads to my restaurant.

vMPVd28.png

My new tool.

RF9wnkp.png

There it is! The infusion alter! It's about time too...
HQGJCzI.png

Joff53K.png

My first task is to make some new wands.
quFJeTz.png

XF1ZJmd.png

f5ap7CO.png

3KGVIfE.png

This is where I really need some help. This is my setup:
01kDkHL.png

Ujtnx3g.png

It is Soooo slow to make anything here, I have to find things that have the essentia I want, cook it up and transfer it manually with phials to the appropriate jars. A ton of work. What is the best way to do this? I have seen people using golems for it, but I have no idea how that would work.

Also, sorry for the night vision bubbles. I only notice them when I'm standing still, but in these pictures they kinda ruin things sometimes. I'll try to fix it next time.

Thanks for reading!

rGQHPtI.png

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Set Particles to Minimum when taking screen shots. Or alternately, light the place up. :p You should have the arcane lamp if you'd rather not have torches.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Set Particles to Minimum when taking screen shots. Or alternately, light the place up. :p You should have the arcane lamp if you'd rather not have torches.

Yeah, I realize now that night vision isn't always good. I know you can take a sigil off with the ritual of unbinding, but is there a way to put a different sigil onto the bound armor?

Last edited:

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have an update, this is just kinda a noob moment.

LG9R7oQ.png

I decided to make a mystcraft age.

MLpxfFF.png

It's just a random one, this is what it made.

T2gT7tU.png

The FPS here really sucked for some reason so I had to turn everything down.

jhvcmlT.png

It's so laggy this dirt is not dropping dirt.

OtXueJ6.png

It's pretty much just a voidy island world, not very interesting.

The main reason I came here was to get some notes to make a real age, but I couldn't find one of those library's with all the lag. I'm not sure what to do, I have seen a lot of people just spawn in pages, I guess it's just really hard to find them? Let me know what you think.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Is that taint or an Eerie Biome? I've found Taint to be a bit laggy.

I'm fairly certain it's eerie, I never saw any taint.[DOUBLEPOST=1414260144,1413805542][/DOUBLEPOST]Welp, here is another noob molment.

d6jSvaB.png

It was taking WAY to long to find the couple pages I needed for a mining world. So I just got a creative spawned thing and went trough a few ages and got this one. It's extreme hills flat with enderstarfield and eternal day. Pretty simple, but it took me awhile to setup.

Here is my problem:

CfrWWlO.png

I have the quarry setup and everything, but it is SUPER slow. I have tried some dynamos and generators, but they produce RF instead of MJ. I thought I could power a quarry with at least lava generators, but it seems to not be working. What do I do?

KHGYzAw.png

It's been 15 minutes...

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
Put any kind of energy conduit between the source of power and the quarry, energy conduits automatically convert RF to MJ at a 10:1 ratio.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Put any kind of energy conduit between the source of power and the quarry, energy conduits automatically convert RF to MJ at a 10:1 ratio.

I figured it out. :D

Here it is, my lava powered quarry.

J3Ommbm.png

I have a pump pumping lava out of a blood magic nether ritual and into a liquid transfer node. From the transfer node it goes to the 4 magmatic dynamos to power the quarry and 2 lava generators to power the pump. Pretty simple I guess, but I'm a noob so...

CRIDlbB.png

It's all chunkloaded

Frsd6wI.png

Some iron chests to store stuff. I wanted some deep storage units to put the dirt and cobblestone in, but they are really pricey! Right now the cobble, dirt, gravel and such is whitelisted to the trashcan.

Ryz2tCp.png

How big it is now, I will have a progress update after being AFK for a night.

I know this isn't very interesting for you guys, but this was my first real tech build in this world. Everything else has been magic based. Hopefully with this quarry I can get to building more things faster.

Thanks for reading!