[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing 1.1.3, and I seem to remember from 1.1.2 that there was a quest that rewarded a full set of Pneumaticraft seeds. Has it changed, am I misremembering it, or was it a reward bag?
It is a reward bag, after playing AS when I came across the bag I thought "Dis gonna be good" ...then got the seeds

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Cause SFM is awesome :)

Jk. He prolly has alr set up sfm, and would probably take much more to remove and replace the set up.
Don't forget the hopper, auto packager, and pneumatic servo to rout the less proceed dusts back in the system

My point was not "Don't use SFM at all", it was "this particular portion of the setup (e.g. block placement) could be accomplished far cheaper and easier using other mods. I'd still recommend using SFM for most everything else, in particular a rapid item valve would be better to collect the hammered outputs. But once you're to the point of just wanting to place the ore gravel/sand to be hammered by an AA, an Openblocks block placer with an XU redstone clock underneath of it will do the gravel/sand placement job better than any solution you could get with SFM, no SFM programming required.

TE3 Itemducts are evil. And they'll get stuffed [in this application]. And they're not in 1.7, so best get used to doing without.

Also, it seems SFM has no issues crossing chunk boundaries [so far no problems and with chunks loaded of course.]

Calling them "evil" would be more than just a slight overstatement, but that's not the point. Replace "itemduct" with "item transport thingy of your choice from any mod." Or even just a vanilla hopper.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Calling them "evil" would be more than just a slight overstatement...
Yup, beating a dead horse [bored on Sat night ;)]

TE3 ducts ARE evil...eeeeeeEVIL. For one simple reason...only the mod author(s) know how to use them properly.
They're extremely cheap to make so usually everyone's first go-to method of item movement. But it's also super-easy to lag-out games/corrupt worlds with them [granted, this happens over time] and you don't usually find out what's wrong until it too late/very time intensive to fix. No real acknowledgement of these issues from mod author(s) [other than user error]. And no attempt to correct these issues because of 1.7/1.8 focus. End users in the know abhor them and most modpack authors [also in the know] defend them. Seems pretty evil to me...[DOUBLEPOST=1413681189][/DOUBLEPOST]
Humpf. I guess I'll have to get grass seeds and craft them the hard way.
I agree with Hoff. Depending on where you're at in the Tech Tree, it's usually much easier to raid the PC buildings [unless you've already done that?] to get a full complement of PC seeds.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason you HAVE to use SFM to do this? 'Cuz you can accomplish the exact same thing with an itemduct, an Openblocks block placer, and an XU redstone clock. Much easier, and no SFM programming required.
The biggest reason is this is going on the back of a pre-made SFM sieve. As such it would be cleaner to tap into the manager and add new parts to program. It also eliminates the need to transport metals from one system into another, just to have the resulting items be pumped into yet another system(metal processor)

As others have stated itemducts, if used incorrectly, can cause exponential amounts of lag. My computer isn't the best for gaming so any small reduction in lag producers is a /HUGE/ help. After switching from itemducts to SFM my frames increased from roughly 40 to 80

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yup, beating a dead horse [bored on Sat night ;)]

TE3 ducts ARE evil...eeeeeeEVIL. For one simple reason...only the mod author(s) know how to use them properly.

I didn't know I was a mod author :eek:

As for the rest of that: The problem is very known to the authors of TE3 and it is an issue that cannot be fixed in 1.6 without removing them completely because they rely on FMP which is what causes the issues of sending items across chunk borders. As for stuffing issues: it's not actually the fault of itemducts it's the fault of inventories that are poorly coded. For example the old crucible bug was that crucibles appeared to always be empty but actually had a full internal inventory. Without a way for ducts to know that they just kept sending items. This happens with any inventory coded in such a manner.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The city ~600 to the NE has like 80% of them IIRC.
On my map (v1.1.3) the city 600 blocks to the north-east is one of those loot chest cities that I posted a screenshot of a couple of days ago.
2014-10-17_00.03.59.jpg

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know I was a mod author :eek:
As for the rest of that: The problem is very known to the authors of TE3 and it is an issue that cannot be fixed in 1.6 without removing them completely because they rely on FMP which is what causes the issues of sending items across chunk borders. As for stuffing issues: it's not actually the fault of itemducts it's the fault of inventories that are poorly coded. For example the old crucible bug was that crucibles appeared to always be empty but actually had a full internal inventory. Without a way for ducts to know that they just kept sending items. This happens with any inventory coded in such a manner.
[Further beating commences]
I'm just ranting based on my experiences. I had issues with TE3 stuff whilst playing AgS. When I asked on the TE3 chat for help I received 2 versions of response 'keep everything chunk-loaded' and 'you're doing something wrong/user error'. That's great and all, but much more helpful would be a 'use warning' or some directions on how to use them properly. After some searching, I managed to find ONE vid showing how to use ducts [Jaded's vid on itemduct sorting]. I skipped through the vid [~60 min? tl;dr] but even Jaded didn't mention some of the more important self-imposed restrictions that are needed when working with ducts to prevent tick lag/world corruption. On the other hand, Jaded vehemently defends ducts as not-broken/working-as-intended and any dangerous use side-effects are either obscure or hard to reproduce.

IRT the inventory coding problem, ducts don't operate in a vacuum and you can't use TE3-only blocks for all duct connections.
[/Beating concludes - boy is my arm tired]

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@SmokeLuvr1971 This is generally the biggest issue when it comes to games with large modding communities. There's a whole lot of finger pointing from various authors claiming that an opposing mod is 'doing it wrong' and that said mod should conform to 'our standard'. This is the case with TE3 itemducts. If a mod doesn't conform to how TE3 expects a block's inventory to function issues arise and usually the non-conformant mod is blamed, when its a mix of the two.

Usually these situations end with nothing changing and the user-community bearing the burden.

Reactions: immibis

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
On my map (v1.1.3) the city 600 blocks to the north-east is one of those loot chest cities that I posted a screenshot of a couple of days ago.
2014-10-17_00.03.59.jpg

Didn't see that o.o

That's pretty weird.

[Further beating commences]
I'm just ranting based on my experiences. I had issues with TE3 stuff whilst playing AgS. When I asked on the TE3 chat for help I received 2 versions of response 'keep everything chunk-loaded' and 'you're doing something wrong/user error'. That's great and all, but much more helpful would be a 'use warning' or some directions on how to use them properly. After some searching, I managed to find ONE vid showing how to use ducts [Jaded's vid on itemduct sorting]. I skipped through the vid [~60 min? tl;dr] but even Jaded didn't mention some of the more important self-imposed restrictions that are needed when working with ducts to prevent tick lag/world corruption. On the other hand, Jaded vehemently defends ducts as not-broken/working-as-intended and any dangerous use side-effects are either obscure or hard to reproduce.

IRT the inventory coding problem, ducts don't operate in a vacuum and you can't use TE3-only blocks for all duct connections.
[/Beating concludes - boy is my arm tired]

The issue wasn't extremely well known until several months into AgS so some people knew some didn't which resulted in people not knowing the proper information from the mis-information. When that video was made there's a strong chance she didn't know of the issue either which is why the video did not cover it. Jaded vehemently defends that ducts are coded properly, yes. She vehemently disagrees with ducts relying on FMP because of the issues it causes and is very open about them. She was one of the first ones to discover the actual issue behind ducts going across chunks which only part of the duct grid was loaded. She in no way hides this and instead fairly widely proclaimed it for a time after its discovery. Most information now is properly circulated so it doesn't take a mod dev to use them.

Ducts don't need to operate in a vacuum they instead need to operate with inventories that are actually properly coded. Coding an inventory to appear always empty via isided or w/e while actually filling up is poor coding on the end of that block and is an issue solely with that block.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Place 4 burst plant plastic in a 2x2 square in your personal crafting grid and you will crash. Version 1.1.2.1. Crafting tables work fine.
Code:
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] java.lang.NullPointerException
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at pneumaticCraft.common.recipes.RecipeGun.func_77569_a(RecipeGun.java:31)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.item.crafting.CraftingManager.func_82787_a(CraftingManager.java:307)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.inventory.ContainerPlayer.func_75130_a(SourceFile:80)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.inventory.InventoryCrafting.func_70299_a(SourceFile:81)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.func_75215_d(Slot.java:107)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75144_a(SourceFile:156)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78753_a(PlayerControllerMP.java:473)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_74191_a(GuiContainer.java:886)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73879_b(GuiContainer.java:821)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73867_d(SourceFile:132)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73867_d(GuiContainer.java:1009)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73862_m(SourceFile:107)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1566)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
2014-10-19 20:23:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Also I would very much like to see BuildCraft added, for the pipes (so everything besides pipes and redstone engines could be disabled). Apart from all the TE3 bugs, it's really annoying to add an intermediate chest every time you need a filter, compared to how diamond pipes work. And the only reasonable alternative to TE3 is Steve's Factory Manager, which is okay, but starts to feel very tedious after you set up a filtered output block for the 500th time.

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019
MineMaarten does accept them as far as I know. Doesn't mean he will necessarily release a fix for Minecraft 1.6 but the issue might still be in the latest version of PC.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
...I would very much like to see BuildCraft added, for the pipes (so everything besides pipes and redstone engines could be disabled). Apart from all the TE3 bugs, it's really annoying to add an intermediate chest every time you need a filter, compared to how diamond pipes work. And the only reasonable alternative to TE3 is Steve's Factory Manager, which is okay, but starts to feel very tedious after you set up a filtered output block for the 500th time.
Extra Utilities pipes work pretty well, although I haven't got into advanced filtering yet it does seem to have a good set of features for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1413734815][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm having difficulty autocrafting Machine Frames with SFM. I got PRC-LX100 crafting to work, but I had to blacklist it on the input and whitelist it on the output, specifying what items to input didn't work. The blacklist/whitelist tactic doesn't work with Machine Frames though. Could be a metadata thing I guess, but I tried "NBT independent", "Ore dictionary" and "Fuzzy" on the PRC, and I have "Ore Dictionary" on the ingots. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities pipes work pretty well, although I haven't got into advanced filtering yet it does seem to have a good set of features for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1413734815][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm having difficulty autocrafting Machine Frames with SFM. I got PRC-LX100 crafting to work, but I had to blacklist it on the input and whitelist it on the output, specifying what items to input didn't work. The blacklist/whitelist tactic doesn't work with Machine Frames though. Could be a metadata thing I guess, but I tried "NBT independent", "Ore dictionary" and "Fuzzy" on the PRC, and I have "Ore Dictionary" on the ingots. Any suggestions?

Trigger
Input - "whitelist", PRC100 (amount 1), Glass [fuzzy detection] (amount 2), Electrum (amount 4), Invar (amount 2)
Crafter - craft Machineframe
Output - "whitelist" machine frame (amount 1)

If detection not stated, anything should work fine.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@SReject i copied ur turbine but my rotor efficiency is only 78/80 is urs the same?
Mine run at 100% efficiency (80/80). Efficiency drops when you are putting in more steam than the turbine is using. Which is weird because the turbine is designed to use 2000mB/t (The max the turbine can handle)

J7DtSG1.png

----

Anybody else make hammers via SFM?
1KYdOdl.png

Last edited: