Thaumcraft Angry Zombie

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you may want some backstory.
So, I've finally begun doing TC 4.2 on the 1.7 server I play on, with my end game goal being to get void thaumturge armour. However, in order to get Fortress Armour ( the main component), It needs the Brain in a Jar research, which is a hidden research. The only way to get it is ( I think) by scanning a Zombie Brain (Didn't work), Knowledge Fragments( Dont have any), Zombie (nope) or an Angry Zombie( Bingo!)

If only I could find the stupid thing.
I have spent 6 hours looking around the server, trying to find one. I have tried cursed earth, tainted biome, zombie spawner, autospawner, And I've searched the Twilight Forest and Aroma's Mining Age looking for the dungeon, with NO LUCK AT ALL. I've all but given up.

So here's my question: Is it possible to forcibly spawn an angry zombie in survival, or is there another way of unlocking the Brain in a Jar research other than knowledge frags?

PLEASE HELP. This is making me go crazy; I can't continue Thaumcraft without the zombie.

-Mysticmage the Flux Phage ( lololol.)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Since normal angry zombies don't seem to exist anymore you'll need to be around a sinister node at a point when mobs can spawn around it so as to encounter a furious zombie for scanning. Easiest way to do this is just to hang around a totem at night. It shouldn't take long to get one to spawn, the sinister nodes are kinda like toned down vanilla mob spawners

Reactions: RedBoss and loboca

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've finally begun doing TC 4.2 on the 1.7 server I play on, with my end game goal being to get void thaumturge armour. However, in order to get Fortress Armour ( the main component), It needs the Brain in a Jar research, which is a hidden research. The only way to get it is ( I think) by scanning a Zombie Brain (Didn't work), Knowledge Fragments( Dont have any), Zombie (nope) or an Angry Zombie( Bingo!)

I have spent 6 hours looking around the server, trying to find one. I have tried cursed earth, tainted biome, zombie spawner, autospawner, And I've searched the Twilight Forest and Aroma's Mining Age looking for the dungeon, with NO LUCK AT ALL. I've all but given up.

So here's my question: Is it possible to forcibly spawn an angry zombie in survival, or is there another way of unlocking the Brain in a Jar research other than knowledge frags?

PLEASE HELP. This is making me go crazy; I can't continue Thaumcraft without the zombie.

I've got the research available, but I haven't done much with Thaumcraft
What i Have done is scan a sinister node, and gotten a little bit of warp, and every now and again I get "whispers reveal secrets to you" thing in the chat

Those are the only two trigger things that I can think of in my world

Megamanbody

Jul 29, 2019

I have been searching for the required research for SO LONG, I finally found it! :)

Thanks.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
If scanning a zombie brain didn't get it for you, then you may not have its prerequisite(s) completed. Iirc, certain researches only show up under the condition that all of its prerequisites have been completed and you scan a certain item or item containing a certain aspect.

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
i have similar problem but i manage to do it by making a 9x9 dark room around a sinister node then put down some cursed earth 4x4 around the node.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
holynecropostingbatman.jpg