If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Timm638

Jul 29, 2019
It's a [Irony] little complex [/irony], but i would be happy if you would add a crafting table with the Function to auto-craft missing components.
Also if i want to craft a diamond pickaxe and lay the 3 diamonds in, then it will guess the recipe and then i would if you press a button auto-craft the missing items (in this case sticks).
It will take Items from your Inventory.But it will only auto-craft the missing items of the diamond pick, but if don't have planks in your inventory, but wood, then it will NOT autocraft.Also it will not autocraft the missing items of the missing item of the diamond pick.Understood?
In short: A crafting table, that will auto-craft items until a layer.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
an isomorphic tool that can be used like any wrench or tool in the game, but will not work on wood.

Do you mean it could rotate vanilla blocks? I think Gany did something similar.

It's a [Irony] little complex [/irony], but i would be happy if you would add a crafting table with the Function to auto-craft missing components.
Also if i want to craft a diamond pickaxe and lay the 3 diamonds in, then it will guess the recipe and then i would if you press a button auto-craft the missing items (in this case sticks).
It will take Items from your Inventory.But it will only auto-craft the missing items of the diamond pick, but if don't have planks in your inventory, but wood, then it will NOT autocraft.Also it will not autocraft the missing items of the missing item of the diamond pick.Understood?

This sounds awesome, but way to advanced for me at the moment. You best bet for something like this is an ae system with lots of Autocrafting patterns to use. I could eventually do this but after I have learned more.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, Its a Doçtor Who easter egg. by sonic screwdriver, I mean can funtion as a wrench for any mod, wand, and vanilla tools, but cant cut wood or move barrels. completly overpowered, but fantastic.

Reactions: TheLordOfTheGeek

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I added this mod before into an old 1.6 mod, but it is always a great idea that no one seems to think is a good idea. The block is so imaginatively called the drop light. I'm sure you can guess what it does...
That's right. It is essentially glowstone that is affected by gravity.
Really simple, but a god send in ravines that don't have lava in them. Just drop the block, and it will fall to the bottom, and light up the area where it lands :)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Basically a table that scans the available inventory, and provides a list of the resulting craftables- with the option of using the crafting grid as a 'search' function to list only recipes with X item in Y position?

Flint Block
The shine looks a little weird as it doesn't tile properly.
Try changing lapis or diamond to grayscale and see if it fits.

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzawolf14

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
While not what you originally envisioned, the mod could be called RiseAgainMod (RAM). Sounds more awesome and is a play off your name.

I'd like a block made from mob drops that can spawn drops from said mobs (by dropping them into the world). Should be expensive for ones that dont take forever to produce a drop, so it is upgradable. Also keeps with RiseAgainMod "theme" in my mind. Could also upgrade down different paths if you want to introduce mod relationships with machine mods like TE3 and IC2 so they require power and can pipe items. Block would appear with a face of the mob (in agony?). Would be great for increasing server performance against sloppily designed mob grinder and more compact too. I'd suggest having config options to add in modded drops unless you can hook somehow.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Early game is tedious for a few reasons. Slow movement for one. If you could make a cheap set of boots that gives a speed boost, that'd be great. Also, something that stops rain. Theres a couple anti rain items out there already but expensive.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If I could add one block, I'd add vertical slabs because microblocks are buggy for me, cloud NEI with parts I'll never use, and I just dont like them.
And that is why I use Immibis Microblocks
I added this mod before into an old 1.6 mod, but it is always a great idea that no one seems to think is a good idea. The block is so imaginatively called the drop light. I'm sure you can guess what it does...
That's right. It is essentially glowstone that is affected by gravity.
Really simple, but a god send in ravines that don't have lava in them. Just drop the block, and it will fall to the bottom, and light up the area where it lands :)
Added this to the latest version of Santa's Toys (0.4) :)

Reactions: pc_assassin

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
And that is why I use Immibis Microblocks

Added this to the latest version of Santa's Toys (0.4) :)

No! Must make better drop lamp... :) You are satanic arent you? :)

Early game is tedious for a few reasons. Slow movement for one. If you could make a cheap set of boots that gives a speed boost, that'd be great. Also, something that stops rain. Theres a couple anti rain items out there already but expensive.

Leather slippers of speed or something? :) Sounds good to me. Ill get on this as well. As to rain, do you mean stopping it entirely? I was thinking about something along the lines of that and a day night changer for end game, but they may have to disabled on servers... idk

While not what you originally envisioned, the mod could be called RiseAgainMod (RAM). Sounds more awesome and is a play off your name.

I'd like a block made from mob drops that can spawn drops from said mobs (by dropping them into the world). Should be expensive for ones that dont take forever to produce a drop, so it is upgradable. Also keeps with RiseAgainMod "theme" in my mind. Could also upgrade down different paths if you want to introduce mod relationships with machine mods like TE3 and IC2 so they require power and can pipe items. Block would appear with a face of the mob (in agony?). Would be great for increasing server performance against sloppily designed mob grinder and more compact too. I'd suggest having config options to add in modded drops unless you can hook somehow.

This sounds good as well. Im going to look into the code and see what I can do. I never really thought about it before but is there any existing modded block that randomly drops items? I cant think of any...
Basically a table that scans the available inventory, and provides a list of the resulting craftables- with the option of using the crafting grid as a 'search' function to list only recipes with X item in Y position?

The shine looks a little weird as it doesn't tile properly.
Try changing lapis or diamond to grayscale and see if it fits.

Im still working on dat texture. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1412217286][/DOUBLEPOST]
No! Must make better drop lamp... :) You are satanic arent you? :)

Leather slippers of speed or something? :) Sounds good to me. Ill get on this as well. As to rain, do you mean stopping it entirely? I was thinking about something along the lines of that and a day night changer for end game, but they may have to disabled on servers... idk

This sounds good as well. Im going to look into the code and see what I can do. I never really thought about it before but is there any existing modded block that randomly drops items? I cant think of any...

Im still working on dat texture. :p

If I could add one block, I'd add vertical slabs because microblocks are buggy for me, cloud NEI with parts I'll never use, and I just dont like them.

Ill see what I can do for vanilla blocks, but forge micro blocks would be way better for mod compatibility either way.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wanted a block that would just rise up when you place it down and if you are standing on it then pressing shift it will stop moving. This would make building sky castles easier than if you used an angel block.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
A grill. Have had several ideas for this. Don't even attempt to begin to comprehend why I have thought this indepth about grilling in minecraft though. Associated items such as different types of woods, possibly a kiln to make drywood for wood that changes the output of food cooked by the grill with that wood or charcoal of that wood etc etc. Associated food types as well.

Grill types:

First: Obviously just a basic block, maybe some netherrack and a flint and steel in the recipes with cobble/bricks/w.e

Second type: Multiblock. GUI-less for putting food in but perhaps a block in the back for a place to add in the fuel? http://i.imgur.com/3klG7nk.png The iron bars are a bit wonky since they'd need to lay flat like a grill but yea.

Final type: Well since you said you want to build up to the cofh api... Why not an electric grill? :3 Not much in the way of ideas on that one.

Anyway thought this might be fun and a good few things to learn coding wise.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Like a frame block that moves upward constantly? I might be able to do this at some point.

A grill. Have had several ideas for this. Don't even attempt to begin to comprehend why I have thought this indepth about grilling in minecraft though. Associated items such as different types of woods, possibly a kiln to make drywood for wood that changes the output of food cooked by the grill with that wood or charcoal of that wood etc etc. Associated food types as well.

Grill types:

First: Obviously just a basic block, maybe some netherrack and a flint and steel in the recipes with cobble/bricks/w.e

Second type: Multiblock. GUI-less for putting food in but perhaps a block in the back for a place to add in the fuel? http://i.imgur.com/3klG7nk.png

Final type: Well since you said you want to build up to the cofh api... Why not an electric grill? :3 Not much in the way of ideas on that one.

Anyway thought this might be fun and a good few things to learn coding wise.

Actually this sounds pretty cool. I needs to learn multiblocks anyways. Maybe the food could have metadata associated with type of wood was used/what type of grill. Steak, Flame Grilled, Acacia smoked. lolz I like it already. Also I am going to attempt to learn guis, just for the moment it is a tad over my head. By the time I get to generators I should have them down pat.

Edit-
I believe I just found the way to make the wither not destroy my blocks. One of them is glass, so now we will all be able to capture the wither for all to see and mock him in shame of confinement! :p No more pitch black blocks. (Sorry Tema XU is awesome)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoff

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Like a frame block that moves upward constantly? I might be able to do this at some point.

Actually this sounds pretty cool. I needs to learn multiblocks anyways. Maybe the food could have metadata associated with type of wood was used/what type of grill. Steak, Flame Grilled, Acacia smoked. lolz I like it already. Also I am going to attempt to learn guis, just for the moment it is a tad over my head. By the time I get to generators I should have them down pat.
Yeah, basically something that is lighter than air but a solid block that you can stand on.