How to create my own HQM Modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to start my own pack. Here is my list of what I think I need to do for development. Suggestions?

1. Clean install for MC 1.7.10?
2. Install mods for what I am looking for
3. Map/world design
4. Recipe configuration
5. HQM materials

The maps and world will be presented crafted. How does that work btw. I want about 5 custom BoP mystcraft worlds. Once I created them, how do I make the one the primary dimension?

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow! I feel much more equipped to feel falsely confident!

Seriously, that is a great video. I am excited to get started.

Reactions: Tapestry

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow! I feel much more equipped to feel falsely confident!

Seriously, that is a great video. I am excited to get started.
Same here, considering that i'm wanting to make an hqm pack too.

Also, It's a bit old but there are a few vids on the same channel going over new features; Here's a good HQM tutorial:

Reactions: pizzawolf14

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
Same here, considering that i'm wanting to make an hqm pack too.

Also, It's a bit old but there are a few vids on the same channel going over new features; Here's a good HQM tutorial:
You want to collaborate? I am more about the design and building the landscapes. I have the foundation of a good story in another thread and some good ideas for a progression. I am just really loathing the thought of designing the HQM and the recipes to go along with it.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
You want to collaborate? I am more about the design and building the landscapes. I have the foundation of a good story in another thread and some good ideas for a progression. I am just really loathing the thought of designing the HQM and the recipes to go along with it.
Thanks for the offer, but my ideas are really different from what you posted in your thread. Sky Block is nice on the fps, but the whole shift2live thing is getting a bit old for me. I know i'll end up needing a few people to help. I stink at landscapes and aesthetics, but i know basically what i want when it comes to the HQM and recipes stuff(even though i don't have a clue on the coding stuff).

Maelstraz

Jul 29, 2019
but i know basically what i want when it comes to the HQM and recipes stuff.
It is enough. You need some coding only if you want to insert your own mod. And configs' tweaking isn't coding.

Speaking of HQM: is anybody (@Gideonseymour please come back in thread xD) know, why quest mode refuse to cooperate? It turned on in config file, but when i start new world (without edit mode) i only get the book, but quest mode is off and i need to re-enable it by cheats, which is annoying. And it keeping to turning off with each relog.

Last edited:

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
It is enough. You need some coding only if you want to insert your own mod. And configs' tweaking isn't coding.

Speaking of HQM: is anybody (@Gideonseymour please come back in thread xD) know, why quest mode refuse to cooperate? It turned on in config file, but when i start new world (without edit mode) i only get the book, but quest mode if off and i need to enable it by cheats, which is annoying.
I meant coding as in MineTweaker and similar mods. I found some really nice tutorial pages, but it doesn't go over 1.7's new Item ids/names/whatever: http://minetweaker.powerofbytes.com/wiki

Also on the topic of HQM, has anyone noticed that the wiki and download page for it is gone?

Maelstraz

Jul 29, 2019
I meant coding as in MineTweaker and similar mods.
Come on, it's just a basic scripts. :3

Also you can hack reality and use HQM as crafting engine (as it was used in "Creating Life" questline in Crash Landing). I definetely will use that idea, teehee.

Also on the topic of HQM, has anyone noticed that the wiki and download page for it is gone?
Yeah, it's tragic. If google is not lie, it was online a couple of weeks ago.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
i tried modifying someone's Quwst bopk so I could remove a mod. gave me a huge appreciation for the work pack creaters put in. its easy, but so frustrating.

LinkOcarinaTime

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for this post, I guess I woulda never found the video if it weren't for the post :p I'm working on a HQM pack myself, but I don't want to reveal what it uses as a base as I know someone else will try to do the same :) Anyways, good luck with your pack haha