If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys!

Im developing a new mod (Phoenixcraft 1.0-1.7.10) and to get started I'm adding some blocks. I have some cool ideas, but I want to know what the community wants. If you could add some block to modded mine-craft what would you add? Pleas keep in mind Im still get started with my programming skills but post anything you come up with and I'll let you know if I can try it out. If a suggestion does go into the alpha I will give credit to you for concept development. :) So if you always had a good idea but no dev listened/ you didn't want to write the code here's the place to say it.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I have always wanted a sort of muddy dirt. It would have the effect of ice, the sliding not the speed reduction, and would have a darker dirt texture. If this was being added to the pheonix modpack it be interesting to see people slide of the islands :p

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
A block made of mob heads all glued together. Like, a block made of skeleton heads, a block made of zombie heads, etc.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I suspect my wishlist of randomness would have fewer blocks.

A powered chunkloader (power increasing dramatically based on number of chunks loaded and the number of other loaders in a set radius)
Lots more scifi blocks, not unlike some of the various things here. http://hirstarts.com/molds/moldssci.html
A portable magnum torch (that's not a block, of course)
Some technology based equivalent to a wand focus of equal trade

Reactions: HeraBulldog

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Just aesthetic?
Flint block/flint bricks- I always seem to acquire a lot of it, and it just sits there when I could be building with it.
Grass/dirt slabs- landscaping option, with grass [and mycel?] actually growing/spreading over them.

Functional blocks??
- tell us what you're mod is about/overall theme, otherwise we're just shooting into the dark.

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
A very hardly noticable small block, size of a pressure plate, almost invisible texture, when touched will spring a trap of unbreakable forcefield bars around them, broken if no one else is within thirty blocks for five real life minutes (also a full block one that can be placed in air, when right clicked will be placed above your head).

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
lol, The PhoenixTeam would like to have a word with you, sir. :p
also, http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-phoenix-craft-v2-0-07-skylands-tech-magic.50284/
not mad, just lol.

Why would you be mad? That is a modpack, not a mod. My legit first name is Phoenix so I have been planning on calling my mod Phoenixcraft long before TeamPhoenix. Feel free to include this mod in the pack. :)

@PhoenixSmith: aesthetic or functional?

Either, though just how functional are we taking? The whole gui thing is still a mystery for me.

Just aesthetic?
Flint block/flint bricks- I always seem to acquire a lot of it, and it just sits there when I could be building with it.
Grass/dirt slabs- landscaping option, with grass [and mycel?] actually growing/spreading over them.

Functional blocks??
- tell us what you're mod is about/overall theme, otherwise we're just shooting into the dark.

Phoenixcraft is eventually going to add Phoenix birds to the game, along with new fun RF gen/use (Electric eel tanks to RF being my favorite idea so far :p). Until I feel comfortable to use the cofh api though Im gonna smash out some cool blocks/items. Honestly for this thread though dont worry about theme so much as what you want to see in game. :)

Eveyone else-

Thanks for the ideas! I'll go ahead and start adding these in.

@pc_assassin Whats a good name for that? I can probably code that out pretty quick.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Why would you be mad? That is a modpack, not a mod. My legit first name is Phoenix so I have been planning on calling my mod Phoenixcraft long before TeamPhoenix. Feel free to include this mod in the pack. :)
I think he's politely letting you know that there's a publicly visible PhoenixCraft out already, and having another would just cause confusion (Similar to me adding a new modpack called, say, "Thermal Expansion.")

And public visibility will take priority over ideas.

Either, though just how functional are we taking? The whole gui thing is still a mystery for me.
That's up to you :)

Good luck with your mod sir.

Consider calling it PhoenixSomethingOtherThanCraft though. They can't bitch about the word phoenix.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I think he's politely letting you know that there's a publicly visible PhoenixCraft out already, and having another would just cause confusion (Similar to me adding a new modpack called, say, "Thermal Expansion.")

And public visibility will take priority over ideas.

That's up to you :)

Good luck with your mod sir.

Consider calling it PhoenixSomethingOtherThanCraft though. They can't bitch about the word phoenix.

Hmm, that would be unfortunate. Honestly though it seems weird that they can take "PhoenixCraft", Im going to be basing my Mod around the bird and it seems the only logical choice as of now. @TeamPhoenix have any ideas for my mods name then? Also everyone, would this mod being name PhoenixCraft as well hurt it? I don't want to step on any toes, just disappointed if that name is already locked down forever. :(

@Pyure surely you have something you want added? How about a space time vacuum that will transport Reactorcraft waste into a Villager only dimmension. :p (Oh wait that may be a tad to advanced at the moment :))

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think you're attacking the blocks issue backwards. Don't worry about what other people want. Think of blocks you'd like to use yourself.

Personally, I want a block that you plonk down and it does a slow soil sample and reports back a general idea of what ores I might find in a 32x32 area beneath. But that's totally because the packs I've been playing lately have been using custom ore generation and its hard to find things sometimes. It likely has no place in your mod :)

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I think you're attacking the blocks issue backwards. Don't worry about what other people want. Think of blocks you'd like to use yourself.

Personally, I want a block that you plonk down and it does a slow soil sample and reports back a general idea of what ores I might find in a 32x32 area beneath. But that's totally because the packs I've been playing lately have been using custom ore generation and its hard to find things sometimes. It likely has no place in your mod :)

I am thinking of what I want. :) What I want are my own blocks yes, but also Minecraft has done so much for me I want to give back to the community. Wow, that sounds so sappy. :p I want to make a mod others want to play with and have in their worlds. That's why I'm taking suggestions.

As far as that machine goes the whole gui issue is going to rear its ugly head. I'm going to learn these darn guis eventually...

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
You could call it mud or slippery mud or slimey mud or really anything... I never thought of a name for it..

Anyway sorry about the pheonix team I saw pheonixcraft 1.7.10 and I assumed you were developing a mod for them :p

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Why would you be mad? That is a modpack, not a mod. My legit first name is Phoenix so I have been planning on calling my mod Phoenixcraft long before TeamPhoenix. Feel free to include this mod in the pack.

I've probably been using the name Phoenix for a lot longer. Thanks for naming it after me :D

Phoenixcraft is eventually going to add Phoenix birds to the game, along with new fun RF gen/use (Electric eel tanks to RF being my favorite idea so far :p). Until I feel comfortable to use the cofh api though Im gonna smash out some cool blocks/items. Honestly for this thread though dont worry about theme so much as what you want to see in game. :).

Electric eel power plant?
You have my vote.​

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Slippery mud has been added. Im deciding just how slippery to make it right now it is a tad above regular ice. Also the texture is kind of bland at the moment. This gives me an idea though. What would any of you think of really slippery blocks for paths. Basically slippery enough you could jump on and just slide to your base. :p It seems like a cool idea for quick around base transport. Though it could be annoying for roads depending on how it was implemented.

Screenie-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eueia9r2gei6ay3/Screenshot 2014-09-30 17.04.38.png?dl=0

Reactions: pc_assassin

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
A save point block. Like in an RPG, you're going along doing your quest, there's the save point. Save and if you die while doing the boss fight, you can go load up at the save point with no additional work required. Yes, I know there's Aroma and stuff like that but nothing in game that would work like that. Or maybe there is and I just haven't run across it yet. Would be nice to do it from inside of a game though. No idea if such things are possible but I can dream.:D