[1.7.10] Phoenix Craft! v2.0.07 [Skylands] [Tech/Magic]

Any suggestions?

• Better maintenance. (Bugs, crashes, etc)

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • More minetweaking. (Recipe adding, etc)

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Quicker updates.

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • Better lore.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • No, the pack is good the way is for now.

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Also, is that generation for world random for each world creation? Damn. This is so very cool. I'm going to have lots of fun. Thanks for making this pack, and I'm only 5 mins in. blown away by that world gen.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That didn't take long. So, no crash log since no crash. MC just froze while I was putting some string in crafting station to make wool, for bed. just finished the pattern and it just froze up. Reloaded mc, everything's fine in fact, string still in crafting grid, so lost nothing. This is probably my second 1.7.10 pack I've even played, so not sure if this is just normal right now or what.
Edit: noticed you have github for bug catching, so guess I will go there to report it but I think I see the bug already there, so nevermind I guess.

The only thing pertinent is towards the end, there's alot of msgs stating that world was leaking. Which brings me to my final question: I know about santa's sig's params. which java params should we be running for 1.7.10 packs? Any recommendations?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
That didn't take long. So, no crash log since no crash. MC just froze while I was putting some string in crafting station to make wool, for bed. just finished the pattern and it just froze up. Reloaded mc, everything's fine in fact, string still in crafting grid, so lost nothing. This is probably my second 1.7.10 pack I've even played, so not sure if this is just normal right now or what.
Edit: noticed you have github for bug catching, so guess I will go there to report it but I think I see the bug already there, so nevermind I guess.

The only thing pertinent is towards the end, there's alot of msgs stating that world was leaking. Which brings me to my final question: I know about santa's sig's params. which java params should we be running for 1.7.10 packs? Any recommendations?
The first one is very good, as it should help a lot with the world leaking.

As for the freeze - that's an NEI/Buildcraft bug that recently was fixed by the mod authors, so it will be making it's way into the pack soon.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The first one is very good, as it should help a lot with the world leaking.

As for the freeze - that's an NEI/Buildcraft bug that recently was fixed by the mod authors, so it will be making it's way into the pack soon.
first one what? The first one in santa's sig? I thought that was for world gen....

Yeah, I've been reading about the NEI issue in alot of places. If you're talking about the 1.0.3.51 version, I'm seeing that it's helping reduce those problems, but that the issue still exists, just not as often.

btw, really love this worldgen. It's a nice in between skyblock and not skyblock. is it randomized?

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
first one what? The first one in santa's sig? I thought that was for world gen....

Yeah, I've been reading about the NEI issue in alot of places. If you're talking about the 1.0.3.51 version, I'm seeing that it's helping reduce those problems, but that the issue still exists, just not as often.

btw, really love this worldgen. It's a nice in between skyblock and not skyblock. is it randomized?
Yup. Each seeds will give a different world.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You probably know this, but I saw some mention of editing the flaxbeard config to:
B:"[Thaumcraft] Show control+click to open Thauminomicon messages on TC4 items"=false
that supposedly helps the freeze issue as well. I'm going to do both of those (update NEI and that config) and see if that helps things.
Thanks again

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
You probably know this, but I saw some mention of editing the flaxbeard config to:
B:"[Thaumcraft] Show control+click to open Thauminomicon messages on TC4 items"=false
that supposedly helps the freeze issue as well. I'm going to do both of those (update NEI and that config) and see if that helps things.
Thanks again
That'll also be on Version 2.0.0X
(Whatever I call the next update :p)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
That'll also be on Version 2.0.0X
(Whatever I call the next update :p)
I couldn't wait.... I've been wanting to play a 1.7 pack that wasn't unplayable since 1.7.2 came out, so this is pretty damn cool. It is a tiny bit laggy in very bad places (just about to shift while looking down over ledge and thing pauses, comes back and I'm over ledge and falling to death) but I'm going to play with some of the java params now.

Do you guys find it better to run through multimc so you can specify your own params per instance? I'm thinking of doing that to play with this.

As far as freeze ups go, another 2-3 hours playing after updating and I haven't had a single freeze yet.
Edit: oh, what mod allows walking up 1 high blocks? dunno, but that's driving me nuts right now... :)