[1.7.10][Public] MechanicalTitan Pack

jecowa

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the mod pack! I like that it has almost all of the power generation addons. I was pleasantly surprised to see you even had Electrical Age.

I was wondering what your thoughts are on these mods:
If you hate them, that's cool. I just wanted to bring them to you attention because they seemed like things that would fit in this mod.

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the mod pack! I like that it has almost all of the power generation addons. I was pleasantly surprised to see you even had Electrical Age.

If you hate them, that's cool. I just wanted to bring them to you attention because they seemed like things that would fit in this mod.
We have sync and AE 2 already. As for the other I haven't seen them I'll talk to my coauthor about them

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019

I'm somewhat intrested in Advanced Machines and Super Massive Tech could you tell me some more about them from personal use? how they are balanced etc?

And im happy to hear you like the pack :)

jecowa

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Machines adds advanced versions of existing IC2 machines. They take a while to warm up, they use more energy, but they are faster than the regular ones once they are warmed up. It adds advanced versions of the Macerator, Compressor, and Extractor. Also the Advanced Macerator is able to combine dusts - If you have it macerate iron ore and copper ore it will give you bronze dust instead of iron and copper dust.

Super Massive Tech adds a generator that uses star power. You start by building a "Heart of a Star", which includes a nether star in its crafting. (It's an end-game mod.) Then you drop it on the ground and light it on fire with the flint and steel. Then there is an explosion and you have a chance of getting a star. If you are unlucky and don't get a star, you have a chance to get a "depleted nether star" instead which can be recharged into a regular nether star so you can try again.

The stars vary in output from 15 RF/t to 80 RF/t. They also vary in the total amount of energy they will output before they die. Each star can only produce a certain amount of power before it dies. The better stars are very rare and you have a much lower chance of getting them.

It also adds:

• a block that can grab items from the ground up to 6 blocks away and place them in a chest.
  • a block that acts like a Factorization Barrel, but can hold a trillion items
  • Gravity armor. Using depleted nether stars you can craft armor with special abilities. This armor needs to be charged up using RF power.
Gravity armor abilities (there are hot keys to turn them all on and off):
  • Tractor field - pulls items and mobs towards you
  • Repulsor field - pushes items and mobs away from you
  • Anti-gravity field - makes items and mobs around you float
  • Gravity resist - makes you jump like you are on the moon (slowly but high and far)
  • Also it sticks a compass on your GUI
Edit: Black Holes are not implemented yet, so I don't know what they will do when they are done.

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Machines adds advanced versions of existing IC2 machines. They take a while to warm up, they use more energy, but they are faster than the regular ones once they are warmed up. It adds advanced versions of the Macerator, Compressor, and Extractor. Also the Advanced Macerator is able to combine dusts - If you have it macerate iron ore and copper ore it will give you bronze dust instead of iron and copper dust.

Super Massive Tech adds a generator that uses star power. You start by building a "Heart of a Star", which includes a nether star in its crafting. (It's an end-game mod.) Then you drop it on the ground and light it on fire with the flint and steel. Then there is an explosion and you have a chance of getting a star. If you are unlucky and don't get a star, you have a chance to get a "depleted nether star" instead which can be recharged into a regular nether star so you can try again.

The stars vary in output from 15 RF/t to 80 RF/t. They also vary in the total amount of energy they will output before they die. Each star can only produce a certain amount of power before it dies. The better stars are very rare and you have a much lower chance of getting them.

It also adds:

• a block that can grab items from the ground up to 6 blocks away and place them in a chest.
  • Gravity armor. Using depleted nether stars you can craft armor with special abilities. This armor needs to be charged up using RF power.
  • Gravity resist - makes you jump like you are on the moon (slowly but high and far)
Edit: Black Holes are not implemented yet, so I don't know what they will do when they are done.
Sounds good il see what i can do

Brizzle

Jul 29, 2019

It also adds:

Not super sure about advanced machines because ic2 is so in dev and updates so often but I'll check for sure

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
Possible good news guys we may have an NEI fix so go into flaxbeards steam mod config go to line #65 and turn it to false it will look like this

B:"[Thaumcraft] Show control+click to open Thauminomicon messages on TC4 items"=false

polkziggy

Jul 29, 2019

It also adds:

Super massive sounds awesome, if anything just to be able to create a star as a power source.[DOUBLEPOST=1409696277][/DOUBLEPOST]
Possible good news guys we may have an NEI fix so go into flaxbeards steam mod config go to line #65 and turn it to false it will look like this

B:"[Thaumcraft] Show control+click to open Thauminomicon messages on TC4 items"=false
On it! I ll test and let you know.
Edit: Is this changed client side or server side?

Last edited:

Enolamron

Jul 29, 2019

Didn't change the freeze for me in nei with just the client changed. I do not have access to the sever files to change that.

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
The NEI fix does work but it does need to be both client and server :) sorry we have only just found this out we also have a fix for the lag introduced in titan 1.4.5 and hopefully blood magic will be fixed with the next update :D big day today

polkziggy

Jul 29, 2019
The NEI fix does work but it does need to be both client and server :) sorry we have only just found this out we also have a fix for the lag introduced in titan 1.4.5 and hopefully blood magic will be fixed with the next update :D big day today
Is the lag fix something we can do ourselves until the update?