Blood in my Smeltry?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Monster

I have mb:360 Blood in my Smeltry, whats it for and how did it get there?
Also how do I get it out?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If you take damage in the smeltery while a molten metal is in it blood will be created. Used as an alternative for slimeballs IIRC. It can be removed just like any other fluid in the smeltery.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Most likely a random mob spawned inside of your smeltery and died. As for getting rid of it, just make sure you don't have any other liquids in it just break and reset the controller.

Reactions: Padfoote

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Ok one of you said it comes out like other stuff and the other said only way is to break it?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You can CTRL-click the blood to be the bottom fluid in the smeltery, drain it into a vat, then remove and replace the vat. This way you don't lose any metal in the smeltery.

[Edit] After reading MacAisling's post below I realized I meant to say tank instead of vat.

I've seen Emerald smelters use blood as the fluid to kill villagers then pump it out of the smelter using a fluiduct network and pneumatic filters to whitelist the blood into a tank and the metals to separate basins to make blocks while cycling the fluids continually.

It goes without saying that metals that combine into alloys were separated into different smelters, unless the goal was to obtain the alloys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Now IIRC, it won't pour into a casting basin (no blood blocks to make) but will pour into an empty casting table to make blood drops (ore dictionary as slimeballs), which can also be dried on a drying rack & eaten. You can also pipe it into a tank to keep it in liquid form. Put horses in the smeltery & you will get glue (another slimeball alternative). Villagers will get you emerald.