Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Plus no RF power.

I fail to see how that's a deal breaker. We ran off of MJ for a while, as well as EU. Both of these power systems are still around with great mods still using them, such as Forestry (other than the RF port, which I don't care about), BC, and GT.

Not everything needs to run off of RF to be considered a "good" mod, or for that matter one that is ready for release.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I fail to see how that's a deal breaker. We ran off of MJ for a while, as well as EU. Both of these power systems are still around with great mods still using them, such as Forestry (other than the RF port, which I don't care about), BC, and GT.

Not everything needs to run off of RF to be considered a "good" mod, or for that matter one that is ready for release.
idgaf about RF support, honestly.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Okay serious face is on now. No RF support is not a reason to hate on a mod. Back when we still ran off of MJ, it was a punch in the face when TE went off on it's own and created RF. we hated on them for the lack of MJ support, but now look at it.

Innovation is good. Look at Extra Utilities. RWTema expanded on pre-existing concepts and revolutionized them, all the while creating new and better things. Look at how unexpected mods like Botania and Blood Magic were created, innovating with their lack of GUIs that has now become a standard.

Maybe it's a good thing it doesn't have RF support. Maybe it's innovating to cause something new and better. That's what we, the modded community are about. Taking something we already had and making it better in sooo many ways.

TL:DR

Don't hate on a mod for not having RF support.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I fail to see how that's a deal breaker.

I didn't say it was a deal breaker I simply implied that I don't think it has all it's features implemented yet.
It feels very early alpha.

And it pails in comparison to the latest I've seen of Xycrarft.

This new mod looked better in earlier versions when it was less a deliberate knockoff of xycraft.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The question is what would you guys like on a HUD? i get that armour status would be nice, but what else?

armor status, potion status, minimap, waypoints, inventory information, perhaps other player information aswell, any tool information you're carrying
but the thing is, there's already mods who add things like this, but they're all seperate and each have their own style. what I really want to see if one mod that adds all of this which can be completely customized. with that I mean the option of changing themes, being able to choose what you want to see on your HUD at what time and the location of the parts

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
armor status, potion status, minimap, waypoints, inventory information, perhaps other player information aswell, any tool information you're carrying
but the thing is, there's already mods who add things like this, but they're all seperate and each have their own style. what I really want to see if one mod that adds all of this which can be completely customized. with that I mean the option of changing themes, being able to choose what you want to see on your HUD at what time and the location of the parts

Being able to see your partners health and other stats on a cooperative map would be nice to.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Flipz recently said that no discussion of the mods should go on in the What's new thread, and that it should happen here. He certainly knows about it, and I'm sure that the post will be seen soon enough.

I was replying to the fact that this neat 100 page thread hasn't bin stickied yet. As in made to stay at the top of the thread listing. Marked as an important thread.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Flipz recently said that no discussion of the mods should go on in the What's new thread, and that it should happen here. He certainly knows about it, and I'm sure that the post will be seen soon enough.
Its rather silly to not want discussion in a thread on a discussion forum. Its worse to make that rule then not make the preferred discussion thread easily accessible. It boils down to an open discussion thread being a horrible place for news postings. Thats not how anything on the Internet works. The only time you get news with seperate discussion is in blogs that have specific comment areas. I've run and moderated forums longer than I'd care to mention. I know an exercise in futility when I see one.

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Its rather silly to not want discussion in a thread on a discussion forum. Its worse to make that rule then not make the preferred discussion thread easily accessible. It boils down to an open discussion thread being a horrible place for news postings. Thats not how anything on the Internet works. The only time you get news with seperate discussion is in blogs that have spefic comment areas. I've run and moderated forums longer than I'd care to mention. I know an exercise in futility when I see one.
Hey I agree. But I'm just saying this should be pinned.

Reactions: RedBoss