Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
No experience from stories. "Dude i died yesterday in blood n bones because I couldn't find food." "Come on I just died from the deadly world invaders!"

Sort of on-topic...

I have a small private server with just a few RL friends (4 of us). It WAS running Magic World 2 with Thermal Expansion added, but we'd pretty much finished everything we wanted to build & folks were getting bored.

Them: Hey Esh, let's switch to Blood & Bones!
Me: Are you sure? I told you, it's REALLY hard...
Them: Yeah! We can handle it, we're awesome!
(Note: death messages were fairly common, especially from creeper 'splosions)
Me: OK, fine... give me a day or so to set it up. You guys should probably read the forum thread...

2 days pass while I set it up and make sure everything is working properly...

I get everyone on the server, make sure they have their books (that one book is always sitting on the ground), remind them that food is REALLY important, remind them they can't make vanilla tools, do /time set day (since I'd wasted half the day talking), and say "OK, go!"...

I immediately start grabbing food & wood, of course.
Player 1 was killed by a cow - "WTF! Cows fight back?!"
Player 2 fell from a high place - We laugh because he always does
Player 1 was killed by a pig - "Pigs too?! Wait, why am I respawning at half health?!"
Player 3 was shot by a skeleton - "Why are mobs already spawning?!" (dark spots under trees)
Player 1 starved to death - "I can't get any food!"
Player 3 starved to death - "Why is hunger dropping so fast?!"
(Player 2 told them to stop sprinting)
(I was laughing too hard to type)

Night falls, and I'm snug in a dirt cave making tinker's tools.

Player 1 was blown up by a creeper - "WHAT?! THEY CAME INSIDE MY HOUSE!!!"
Player 3 drowned - "THAT CREEPER PUT ME UNDERWATER?!"
(Player 2 told them not to build with cobble or planks)

Players 1 and 3 log out and say in Skype "Tell us when it's day again"
Me: "Did you guys not read the forum thread?"
Player 1: "That thread is like 350 pages, man. I'm not reading all that."
Player 2: (In minecraft chat) "Well, you DID tell them to read the thread..."

A few Minecraft days later, I finally convinced them to read the BnB thread. They're still complaining about the difficulty, but I have to give them credit for not giving up yet.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Sort of on-topic...

I have a small private server with just a few RL friends (4 of us). It WAS running Magic World 2 with Thermal Expansion added, but we'd pretty much finished everything we wanted to build & folks were getting bored.

Me: OK, fine... give me a day or so to set it up. You guys should probably read the forum thread...

I get everyone on the server, make sure they have their books (that one book is always sitting on the ground), remind them that food is REALLY important, remind them they can't make vanilla tools, do /time set day (since I'd wasted half the day talking), and say "OK, go!"...

Player 1 was killed by a pig - "Pigs too?! Wait, why am I respawning at half health?!"
Player 3 was shot by a skeleton - "Why are mobs already spawning?!" (dark spots under trees)

A few Minecraft days later, I finally convinced them to read the BnB thread. They're still complaining about the difficulty, but I have to give them credit for not giving up yet.

@Eyamaz

Also, this is why servers running B&B for the first time should always have at least one person recording footage for YouTube. :p

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz

Also, this is why servers running B&B for the first time should always have at least one person recording footage for YouTube. :p
I really should have. I've never done a Youtube video before, but it would have been a good start to a channel... I think I'd be a fairly boring commentator though.

Reactions: YX33A

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Sort of on-topic...

classic BnB experience, my god, I could watch videos of that for years and years and still laugh my arse off

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
This is with every game that is moddable. Mostly said by people with versions which can't be modded but also idiots:.

''Mods ruin games, they take away the vision of the creator. Play games like the developers wanted you to do!''.

The amount of times i heard that togheter with ''30Fps is max the eye can see''. I hate people sometimes.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
This is with every game that is moddable. Mostly said by people with versions which can't be modded but also idiots:.

''Mods ruin games, they take away the vision of the creator. Play games like the developers wanted you to do!''.

The amount of times i heard that togheter with ''30Fps is max the eye can see''. I hate people sometimes.

Yeah, if players only played games how the creator expected, 80% of the new "features" officially added in past Street Fighter games wouldn't have happened, Smash Bros Tournaments would be almost impossible to commentate on and not even close to the test of skill it is today, and Minecraft wouldn't have Horses (Actually, that last one doesn't sound half bad).

Finally, Notch wants players to play Minecraft with mods, he's said so himself, so that argument is therefore Null.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Yeah, if players only played games how the creator expected, 80% of the new "features" officially added in past Street Fighter games wouldn't have happened, Smash Bros Tournaments would be almost impossible to commentate on and not even close to the test of skill it is today, and Minecraft wouldn't have Horses (Actually, that last one doesn't sound half bad).

Finally, Notch wants players to play Minecraft with mods, he's said so himself, so that argument is therefore Null.
ya horses are kinda... broken honestly they just are not that great... buggy as goat simulator (without the "fun") on servers and if you want to make them good enough to make up for it, it will take A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time due to the stupid breading mechanic and the tiny tiny progression that you can only measure with a pixel perfect redstone contraption (I'm not going to even joke about having the time to make that (and even if i did there's no way it would be fun))

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
ya horses are kinda... broken honestly they just are not that great... buggy as goat simulator (without the "fun") on servers and if you want to make them good enough to make up for it, it will take A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time due to the stupid breading mechanic and the tiny tiny progression that you can only measure with a pixel perfect redstone contraption (I'm not going to even joke about having the time to make that (and even if i did there's no way it would be fun))

What I wish is that horses didn't make Pigs useless. Currently, cows are better for Food and Horses are better for travel. I wish there was some sort of mod that gave horses a hunger bar or something...

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
What I wish is that horses didn't make Pigs useless. Currently, cows are better for Food and Horses are better for travel. I wish there was some sort of mod that gave horses a hunger bar or something...

I really REALLY hate horses. But thats just more of a matter of how they look (I mean they are more detailed than the player, same with the will be added bunnies). Also i wish horses were much harder to tame and stuff. I mean nobody uses minecarts now. Atleast not alot of people. Especially for traveling and Vanilla.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Minecarts are still useful in vanilla for travelling to certain points, e.g. villages, strongholds or nether fortresses (when you protect it from ghasts).

Reactions: YX33A and the_j485
Status
Not open for further replies.