What is the point of a Mini Me?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've discovered the Golden Egg block from OpenBlocks and so I placed it as decoration not knowing it would shortly blow up afterwards. So when I heard the explosion I obviously went to go check out what happened and then was picked up one of my many clones, I then thought it was going to kill me but not long after I realised it was peaceful. It has now been 6 hours and it has not yet grown up and all it is doing is chasing me and picking me up. So what is the point of them?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I found out about it and had it on top of my beacon-capped gold pyramid on top of my big reactor turbine and when it started glowing I got really excited... Then it blew up and the poor guy died a frozen death by cryotheum.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Mini Me's are basically just a trolly mob that looks like your skin. You can change their skin via nametag.
Basically they walk around, breaking seeds, flowers, and rearraging the items in your chests. They can also pick you up.
They're basically useless.

Unless you hate onions.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
... you're telling me I wasted gold on "fun"?
I've stuck mine in a safari net for the time being. Can't decide whether or not to trashcan 'im...

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
As my old baseball coach used to say, "your asshole's *this* tight, goldfish. Have done fun" Yes, my nickname was goldfish because... Well that's a story for another day.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
would be interesting if mini-me's could be used to buff yourself.
for example make a mini-me with your name, leave it at a beacon, and you'll get buffed by the beacon even when you're not close to it

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
And when it gets hurt, you do too. You die, its dies. It wears armour, you wear armour. You get potion effects, it does too. (Vice versa to all that)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
And when it gets hurt, you do too. You die, its dies. It wears armour, you wear armour. You get potion effects, it does too. (Vice versa to all that)

interesting, I like that...

qIPn5zC.gif

Reactions: the_j485

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I think the effect would be closer to the exact opposite. Maybe it'll summon a couple demons, some devils... give or take one or two satans.

*for a given value of satan, terms and conditions apply, consult your doctor before using this product and/or service.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, because nobody understood the onion thing, Pakratt managed to create a Flower Farm in his bee room on the AS Let's Play.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
would be interesting if mini-me's could be used to buff yourself.
for example make a mini-me with your name, leave it at a beacon, and you'll get buffed by the beacon even when you're not close to it
Sounds amazingly close to a familiar... oh, Emoniph, lemme ask you something...

Reactions: RealSketch
M

MaxTheFox1135

Mini me is basically a mob that you could use to show who's how's is who's or if you're doing a roleplay you could use it for that. Or you could name tag it your favorite YouTubers if you have multiple and trap them as your own. Or you could golden lasso or safari net them and trade them for something you want. So they're basically a mob made for fun.