Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. I have a quick question: I have been enjoying BnB immenseley during the last weeks (1.1.1 for MC 1.6.4), and have recently started playing with magical crops. Now, according to the MagicalCrops wiki each plant has a chance of about 20% to drop further essence (see here: http://magicalcrops.weebly.com/magical-crops.html). I
have a field of 8 coal plants and been harvesting for about the tenth time now, but they haven't dropped anything but coal essence and nature essence yet.

Is the dropping of magic essence deactivated in BnB?

Yes, dropping extra seeds is turned off.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, dropping extra seeds is turned off.
Dropping extra seeds is turned off, but extra essence isn't. I was getting some while farming obsidian yesterday. It didn't quite feel like a 20% drop rate though.

I don't remember the names of the different levels of essence, but obsidian seeds take the third level to craft and were occasionally giving me second level essence. Perhaps the lower level seeds (e.g. coal) can't drop extra?

selageth

Jul 29, 2019
I see. So maybe the coal plants don't drop essence because there is no essence level below. I'll try obsidian plants. Thanks. :)

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm new to this forum and never posted again but I'm facing of a bug that can't allow me to play BnB.

Each time I came back from the Nether to the Overworld the server crash but I can reproduce this on my own computer.

I'm in work now and don't have a crash log but it seems Minecraft try to unload a chunk that can't exist.

Reference to this chunk is 0.0.0.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
put in one cobblestone get one seared stone, makes sense? :D
It's actually 8 cobblestone to one seared stone (144 mb). Now NEI shows that a seared brick should be 36 mb, but when poured it consumes an entire block of the seared stone liquid. Not a huge deal, but if I was to use this method for creating the smeltery components it becomes quit lava intensive, and I don't think it's what the mod writer intended.

FYI if someone is making fairly large volumes of smeltery blocks they should remember that pouring 72 mb of seard stone over a block of cobblestone is far more fuel efficient. I'd suggest the clay, sand, and gravel method for the bricks needed for the other types of blocks.

Really not the right forum for this but I figured I'd drop it here for now.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm new to this forum and never posted again but I'm facing of a bug that can't allow me to play BnB.

Each time I came back from the Nether to the Overworld the server crash but I can reproduce this on my own computer.

I'm in work now and don't have a crash log but it seems Minecraft try to unload a chunk that can't exist.

Reference to this chunk is 0.0.0.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

We were having this problem on our server a while back, but that was back in 1.03 or 1.04, and haven't seen it since. What version are you using?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

Deadlygazebo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so i made a new world, managed to get myself a shadow steel pickaxe. Same configs as before.
Game crashes again. I'm pretty sure the bug is either with hoppers going into Metal Furnaces or Smelteries.

Crash log is here.... attached.

If you could find some way to prevent this world from being corrupted too, that'd be amazing. I've made a backup of the world at the time of the first crash, as well as a backup much further back.

Attachments

• crash-2014-07-14_23.01.23-server.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 47

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas on what the best food is, as far as hunger per stack? The really good foods, like bacon cheeseburger, are really annoying when they only stack to two. I was thinking about living off of peanut butter sandwiches, even though I'd prefer feasts

Captain Man

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs break cobblestone (and other building materials), some ways more violently than others (creepers). What are "safe" building materials? So far I think dirt, sand, and logs are fine. I've read compressed cobble is ignored too, though haven't tried it.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas on what the best food is, as far as hunger per stack? The really good foods, like bacon cheeseburger, are really annoying when they only stack to two. I was thinking about living off of peanut butter sandwiches, even though I'd prefer feasts
The Hunger per Stack should be pretty much constant, that is the whole purpose of this option - which you can disable in the HungerOverhaul.cfg (modifyFoodStackSize) if it gets too annoying.

I would suggest to keep a couple of stacks in the TiCon Backpack. Doesn't clutter your inventory and is still easy to access.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
The Hunger per Stack should be pretty much constant, that is the whole purpose of this option - which you can disable in the HungerOverhaul.cfg (modifyFoodStackSize) if it gets too annoying.

I would suggest to keep a couple of stacks in the TiCon Backpack. Doesn't clutter your inventory and is still easy to access.
I was just noticing that cheeseburgers restore 4 hunger and stack in 4 (16 hunger total), but the next step up is bacon cheeseburger and it restores 4.5 but only stacks in 2 so only 9 hunger. 16 hunger (plus good saturation) is the number to beat for me at the moment.

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs break cobblestone (and other building materials), some ways more violently than others (creepers). What are "safe" building materials? So far I think dirt, sand, and logs are fine. I've read compressed cobble is ignored too, though haven't tried it.
Stone bricks are a grief-free and visually appealing building material. Good upgrade after your dirt walls have saved you to the point you find some copper. You can go 'chisel mining' for a single copper ingot for a couple bonuses: Chisel the stone and the stone bricks will drop when you mine it, and you can't chisel Silverfish eggs, making it possible to find and avoid them.

Reactions: Captain Man

Deadlygazebo

Jul 29, 2019
Stone bricks are a grief-free and visually appealing building material. Good upgrade after your dirt walls have saved you to the point you find some copper. You can go 'chisel mining' for a single copper ingot for a couple bonuses: Chisel the stone and the stone bricks will drop when you mine it, and you can't chisel Silverfish eggs, making it possible to find and avoid them.
Stone ladders, Chests and Trapped Chests, wooden logs, dirt, grass, sand, sandstone and it's derivitives, mossy cobblestone... all of these are considered natural.

Deadlygazebo

Jul 29, 2019
Did some more testing: turns out, the game crashes 100% of the time for me if you go through a nether portal, then something kills you immediately on the other side. You crash when you respawn in the overworld.

Dacryphile

Jul 29, 2019
Stone ladders, Chests and Trapped Chests, wooden logs, dirt, grass, sand, sandstone and it's derivitives, mossy cobblestone... all of these are considered natural.
Moss Stone (ID 48) is on the grief list. I'm actually surprised chests are not, but maybe that would be a little too griefy?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Moss Stone (ID 48) is on the grief list. I'm actually surprised chests are not, but maybe that would be a little too griefy?
Creepers blow enough holes in the rogue like dungeons as it is. If they hit the chests also, there'd be pretty much no point to even having that mod in the pack.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Creepers blow enough holes in the rogue like dungeons as it is. If they hit the chests also, there'd be pretty much no point to even having that mod in the pack.
Since the change to Obsidian for those rogue dungeon, there isn't as many holes from what i've tested.